Dynadot

Escrow.com just closed my account for public complaint on them

NameSilo
Watch

DmitrySV

Established Member
Impact
I was recently hit by Escrow.com unprofessionalism and what I would personally call childish behavior.

They feed me with apologies(through their web chat) for a few days due to the delayed transaction(I asked them to send Paypal Invoice ASAP, as I had to close the TX by the end of the month) and when I complained over here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...ng-time-and-money.1119508/page-6#post-7294770

.. they simply closed my escrow.com account. :)

Hi User, Escrow.com is live and in operation in most countries. However, our service is not supported in your country. We hope that you will understand that we are not able to provide any further information about our commercial imperatives. Your account will be closed. Thanks. Escrow.com Customer Support 180 Montgomery St, Suite 650 San Francisco, CA 94104

^ Obviously, not true - they keep accepting transactions from my country just fine. Not that its a big deal to me, and I was lucky to arrange the transaction with a seller directly(using our PayPal accounts), but the whole situation is just hilarious.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More sellers will voluntary stop using escrow.com as the result. Even if they reside in "supported" country. Why bother if a large number of potential buyers cannot pay? The issue is not only that legitimate sellers from "fresh" banned countries (most notably ex-USSR, Panama, Pakistan) are no more able to sell through them. Another part of the story is that genuine buyers from banned countries are also excluded.

Last edited:
•••
It never was my primary escrow in terms of enduser sales, mostly used it for some bulk sales to another domainers...
But Sedo escrow was always primary + Payoneer escrow in 3F range (when it was alive).

So my country is banned or not - doesn't matter for me.
I even closed my account there when they launched their mandatory ID uploads for all accounts.

•••
Regarding USSR...
Forget this factor... Nobody consider it. 28 years elapsed.

•••
•••
3% or 60 USD/EUR/GBP minimum (200 for some exotic TLDs).

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
They eliminated it only for their regular marketplace sales.

•••
I even closed my account there when they launched their mandatory ID uploads for all accounts.
Yeah, this makes sense. Even if the seller trusts this particular service provider enough to upload the docs, it is far from obvious that all buyers will be happy to upload their ID just to purchase something online... saying nothing about extra docs (company registration certificate or whatever) if the buyer is a legal entity.

•••
Sedo charges 3% for escrow which is only 1.22% higher that Escrow.com charges (escrow.com calls it "consierge" which is by default offered by Sedo), I recommend to avoid escrow.com also because of their worthless outsource support which can not even proper speak on English) and use Sedo.com

Or use Dan.com which charges 5% for external leads/sales.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo charges 3% for escrow which is only 1.22% higher that Escrow.com charges (escrow.com calls it "consierge" which is by default offered by Sedo), I recommend to avoid escrow.com also because of their worthless outsource support which can not even proper speak on English) and use Sedo.com

Or use Dan.com which charges 5% for external leads/sales.

There is a little problem with the SEDO.
I've tried to set up a deal using their escrow option twice but have no luck. No response at all.

Next time I'll try to give them a call to get a confirmation they have received my request.

Regards,
V.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back