Dynadot

Escrow.com problems

NameSilo
Watch
We created a transaction for a domain transfer in escrow.com, they accepted my bank account confirmation, and after received and secured payment from a buyer, they sent me an email about didn’t support my country.
Why they didn’t inform me before? It's their fault. How will I receive and open bank account in another country? I have no way to go to another country for open an account to disburse escrow funds.
What do you advise?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’d be interested to know if a borderless account from transferwise is accepted from outfits like escrow.com or PayPal. However I assume that you’d need to also claim a registration address in the same country where you claim to have a bank account if the financial institution’s policy doesn’t allow you to transact business from your country.

Also PP may flag your account if you give a registration address in one country and login from that country and then present a bank account from another country, or may flag you if your login IPs don’t match where you claim to be registered.

I withdrew PP to my transferwise, both being business accounts; TW does not require you to have an address in the countries that provide accounts for the borderless. How ever it does matter where you are personally located, for example I live in Cyprus which is EU. I don't think that it would apply to countries of tier 3, as it would be way too much risk for them.

•••
For PP though are you claiming to be in a country you are not though. Or, are you PP registered in Cyprus (where you in fact are) and then providing an EU transferwise bank account? Or specifically in which country is your transferwise bank account purporting to be in? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
For PP though are you claiming to be in a country you are not though. Are you PP registered in Cyprus and then providing an EU transferwise bank account? Or specifically in which country is the transferwise bank account purporting to be in? Thanks.
Yes I use Belgium account provided by TW. Paypal registered with Cyprus Company, residence also.

•••
•••
I have no way to go to another country for open an account to disburse escrow funds.
You can register your company in Dubai or in another suitable offshore.
As alternative option.

•••
•••
I closed my escrow.com account even before they banned Ukraine.
And moved all my 3F sales to Payoneer escrow (when it was alive) and then to Dan escrow.

Sedo escrow at 3% (and concierge for free) - was always my primary service for higher sales...
And all my buyers accepted it without any questions, was the only one Spanish buyer who said: GoDaddy ONLY.

•••
Happy to say the client will be moving forward with Epik Escrow.

FC0nWNp.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
great work team Epik, always nice to hear a happy-end like this!
when the deal is done would you share your domain name? @elmoney

•••
You can register your company in Dubai or in another suitable offshore.
As alternative option.
In this case, utility bill from Dubai (in Arabic), with translation, issued in the name of company and/or the director, may be also required in future. For paypal for example. May become mission impossible. Depends on an incorporation provider though...

Last edited:
•••
I don't talk about PayPal.
Dubai company registration can be ordered online (Google it), and bank account is included there. 2in1 - in other words.
Regarding English - no any problems in Dubai with English.

•••
I don't talk about PayPal.
Dubai company registration can be ordered online (Google it), and bank account is included there. 2in1 - in other words.
Regarding English - no any problems in Dubai with English.
@Shahid7

•••
Hello,

I am not quite understanding what information do you need.

Do you want to know about company registration in Dubai?
Do you want to know about Paypal Usage in Dubai?

I have been using Paypal since long normally for Paypal you need identity Card/driving license or of the country you are residing in or Utility bill even if it is in Arabic it has written in English as well or your bank account which read your full name and address

Generally, when you register a company in Dubai the address is basically of the same place so the same will be shown in a bank account as well provided you get the bank account approved online.

should there be anything else you wish to know I will be glad to answer.

Thanks

•••
what is Epik's cc processor ? does it process all major countries ? I just had recently and issue: buyer was unable to pay via VISA country Singapure.

do you have a processor that do all countries, major eu and asia ? not only USA?

•••
what is Epik's cc processor ? does it process all major countries ? I just had recently and issue: buyer was unable to pay via VISA country Singapure.

do you have a processor that do all countries, major eu and asia ? not only USA?

Getting the answer to you now. Can you PM me more details please?

•••

Yes, pretty much all countries. We use multiple processors actually and probably have more payment methods available just about anyone else in the industry. We even added UnionPay for China. The one we want to add but have not added is Payoneer but have found them hard to engage.

•••

Not wanting to 'hijack' this thread but my question below may be on topic and I will gladly go to any link that would be helpful if you post it.

Is there a quick and concise description of the fees associated with Epik escrow here (I know I some a post at sometime in the past). I will do a major marketing shift in 2020 and I would like to have more info about the min fee, percentages, etc. charged. Thanks.

•••
Not wanting to 'hijack' this thread but my question below may be on topic and I will gladly go to any link that would be helpful if you post it.

Is there a quick and concise description of the fees associated with Epik escrow here (I know I some a post at sometime in the past). I will do a major marketing shift in 2020 and I would like to have more info about the min fee, percentages, etc. charged. Thanks.

Was discussed at length here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...escrow-you-are-wasting-time-and-money.1119508

The most essential point for NP members is that if (1) the domain is on Epik, (2) the buyer funds in wire or BTC, and (3) the buyer and/or seller are NP members, then we waive any escrow fee.

Beyond that, just contact us for a quote - I am confident that we will be cheaper, faster and more secure than any other available alternative. I won't link to it as it would be off-topic and the Mods won't care for it.

•••
I advise you to cancel any and all Escrow.com transactions.

Use Epik escrow, it is safer, much safer, because they are an accredited registrar that handles the nuances of domain transfers. This is a major benefit that you only get at Epik.

Use Epik, safer (for buyer & seller), more secure, faster payouts, less expensive and better customer service. Use Epik, it's really a "no brainer."
If Escrow does not support the country, the transaction will be cancelled, once started unless for a good reason transactions are very hard to cancel from the sellers side. This happens to me a few months ago, I was the buyer though, as sometime during the transaction the sellers country got his on an exclusion list. Before that the seller was a long time user of escrow, we both only found out when transaction was cancelled. Nobody’s fault really, Escrow just following operating rules.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Dan, Rob.
The problem solved. Buyer received a domain, good job, Epik 👍🤝.

•••
Thanks Dan, Rob.
The problem solved. Buyer received a domain, good job, Epik 👍🤝.

Congrats on a fast closing and thanks for using Epik.

•••
Also PP may flag your account if you give a registration address in one country and login from that country and then present a bank account from another country, or may flag you if your login IPs don’t match where you claim to be registered.

Logins dont really matter. It was like 10 years ago when i used to email paypal telling them i'm going for travel and will be in this country on these days and then in that country on those days etc. Huge pita. Now those days are fortunately over.

And it doesn't matter where do you open an account from. In the end of the day you just need to have all supporting docs and utility bills. Paypal doesn't ask for them at once, but could and probably will ask later.

I could easily open dozens accounts of different countries using VPN when for example some $1 sale going on, but would i use these accounts for even $100 transactions? Hell no.

Yes I use Belgium account provided by TW. Paypal registered with Cyprus Company, residence also.

In every country, paypal rules are different. In Israel paypal account for example you can't even enter there foreign bank account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back