Dynadot

Escrow.com has closed my account

NameSilo
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hey guys,

So I sold the domain Ayam/Cemani dotcom via Escrow.com for $2400. I had transferred the domain to the buyer when Escrow confirmed that they have the payment. They then asked for additional documents for verification even though I already am Tier 2 verified. They had my passport and driving license copies but they asked me to submit again with a selfie, while holding a government issued ID which has my address on file for whatever reason.

Excerpts of what Escrow.com support told me during our conversation.

Dear Seller, The Buyer has informed us that the domain has been transferred. Thank you for this. Please be assured that the Buyer indeed has made a payment on the transaction and we have secured it in our holding account with Wells Fargo. We would like to inform you that our review team is just checking information from your side to make sure that the transfer of funds is processed accordingly Kindly wait for further updates as we continue with our verification process.

The funds will just stay with escrow.com until you have your verification documents are uploaded

And after I submitted the required documents,

Thank you for letting us know the status of this transaction.

We have noted this on our end. We have notified our review team for transaction to proceed. Please allow up to 1 business day for review. You and the Buyer will be notified via email once the payment is approved.
If there's anything else, don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great day!

5 days later..

This email is to provide you with notice that Internet Escrow Services, Inc. has made the commercial decision that we will no longer be able to provide you with our escrow services. We have taken this decision after careful consideration, and in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions, which are available online. It is not a comment on your conduct, or any other aspect of your relationship with us. We hope that you will appreciate that we are not able to provide any further information about our commercial imperatives. Your account has now been closed. Regards, Escrow.com

What is with these companies that they don't think it's important to share the reason why they are closing our accounts when we have done nothing wrong. Okay assholes I don't care there are many other escrow companies I can use but what about my money? As you can see they made no comment about the transaction and my money they are holding, I can't log in to my account, the domain is with the buyer and if they return the money to the buyer then I don't think the buyer will pay me. It's their responsibility because they assured I can transfer the domain to the buyer and they will hold my money until I am verified. Now that they have all the documents and my photo they simply close my account.

I have already emailed them and messaged @Jackson Elsegood on NP but just sharing this case here so that you know what you are getting into if you are doing business with Escrow.com.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excerpt from an email from Jackson Elsegood.

I had already realized that it's a matter of being safe than sorry and I have no problem with that, but I didn't knew about any individual with my exact name being sanctioned (obviously), I am sure if you would do a Facebook search you will find hundreds of people with the exact name as me. It's a very common name in Arab countries as well as other Asian and even some European countries.

Anyways, this is not a common occurrence and probably won't happen with you, and even if it does you can raise an alarm on the forum and everything will be resolved.

When we talk to customer support we feel that there is no hope but thanks to Jackson this matter has now been resolved.

I am going to continue using my Escrow.com account for future transactions because I am sure I won't run into this problem again in future.

Thanks everyone!

HAHAHA, so I was 100% spot on.

Glad you got it cleared up and got your money.

Based on that info, I would also be prepared to deal with this mess in any Western business so have that email saved. It will make a lot of other things easier.

•••
I'm willing to bet this was a GoDaddy Auctions sale. This was Godaddy's commission. $5000 × 20% (1000) + $1200 × 15% (180) = $1180.
Thanks for clearing that up. It was a GoDaddy auction sale

•••
Freelancer are not too good in running businesses. Any business they purchase always get worse. I thinking they should continue with running their Freelance platform rather than buying successful businesses and ending up killing them.

Warriors Forum has lost it's old good self
Escrow.com is fast becoming a ghost of it's former self
FreeMarket never get off to a good start.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back