IT.COM

Epik Wikipedia battle is full-on right now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
@Intelliname has engaged the battle with the Wikipedia handlers who have been camping on a Wikipedia article about Epik that is full of nonsense narrative.

You can follow the debate here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Intelliname#April_2020

Bring popcorn but do it quick because they will probably censor this too.

Take lots of screenshots.

Here's a start:

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-17.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-56.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-15-26.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@bmugford refers to "how it was framed". That's the problem. It shouldn't be framed at all.

Asking that question is an admission that the article "frames" a picture using unsavory facts.

•••
•••
@bmugford refers to "how it was framed". That's the problem. It shouldn't be framed at all.

The wikipedia article was an unfair representation of a legal company. Wikipedia knows it. I have no doubt the article will be changed. And it should be.

I think @Molly White knows too. No wikipedia article goes into companies customer service records, their global investments, their political ties, etc. That article was horrible for wikipedia. It reads more like a political spin article.

And both of those are a lot more valid arguments than Rob with his vast conspiracy theory shit.

There is a right way to approach this, and then there is the way it was approached here.

Maybe Rob should hire you as an advisor. You were certainly right about Gab also.

Brad

•••
Ahh.. That explains it. At times, I really like your comments. Other times, not so much.

But I also think I'm an asshole. I suppose I'm more proud of that,

than feeling like I am what I called @Samer #projectinginsults #isnotcool #butsometimesittakesonetoknowone

Better your burger, than your hand (y)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/burned-or-grilled.1027773/#post-6234697
I absolutely know that YOU know exactly how I meant it. I'm a very loving, kind, honest asshole. :)

•••
And both of those are a lot more valid arguments than Rob with his vast conspiracy theory shit.

There is a right way to approach this, and then there is the way it was approached here.

Maybe Rob should hire you as an advisor. You were certainly right about Gab also.

Brad
Yes, as a businessman, it's business. As a person, he could express his abhorrence with it.

•••

Brad
I was sitting at a coffee shop with Braden Pollack discussing domains and things not too long ago. Really good guy. He's very knowledgeable and well connected. It was a real pleasure. We talked for hours that day. The meeting was set up by Rob. I would have never known that my office was just a few doors away from his. Simple as it sounds, it's the kind of networking I love.

I think we are missing a huge opportunity to organize and win. I have never had such unprecedented access to an owner of an established domain registrar.

I suggest we leverage our skills and our minds. I know I will continue to do so.

•••
No matter what the future holds...

@Rob Monster I wish you all the success in the world. I wish all Namepros members all the success in the world.

I mean that.

•••
There are no winners or losers here .Rob enjoys controversies ,whatever they are .
If I would have been a CEO of a company and I made some bad comments on social media ,I would have said " Ok ..I agree .I made a mistake and apologise "Case closed .Now years later it's headline news again .
I would have told myself "Stop ,,wtf am I doing to my Brand ?"
I think somebody has been whispering things in Rob's ear to persue this Wiki article.
The real losers are the Epik staff ,who are battling to make Epik the fav registrar .Staff that work in shut down countries ,having to feed their families .I have been told by people ,either CM [Country Managers]or potential Investors "No thanks ,I'm not interested being associated with Epik in anyway And so have others although they dont say that publicly and there are more things happening behind the scenes.But I have said enough .
Good to see @DanSanchez refraining from getting involved ,or maybe just busy making deals and caring for his new born baby girl .FYI Appearently I am no longer a paid freelancer for Epik so just an Affiliate .

•••
I would have told myself "Stop ,,wtf am I doing to my Brand ?"
That's basically exactly what I did say to him at that time. And he did agree about his personal involvement.

•••
I have been told by people ,either CM [Country Managers]or potential Investors "No thanks ,I'm not interested being associated with Epik in anyway And so have others although they dont say that publicly and there are more things happening behind the scenes.@DanSanchez refraining from getting involved ,or maybe just busy making deals and caring for his new born baby girl .FYI Appearently I am no longer a paid freelancer for Epik so just an Affiliate .
Yeah, that was so controversial. I probably would have made different choices. But, I don't know all that his plan is. And he has to work through it, not me. It should not define him though. Sometimes we make choices that sting some. That story is yet to be concluded. Who knows what will happen with that.

•••
In order to keep freedom, some that don't necessarily deserve it, get it by default. That's just how it works. I think Rob was right about that.

•••
Screenshot_20200420-055150.png
Screenshot_20200420-055138.png
This is known as neutral reporting as done by CrunchBase -+

•••
In order to keep freedom, some that don't necessarily deserve it, get it by default. That's just how it works. I think Rob was right about that.

If that's the bed you make,

can wikipedia make the same bed?

Or does their neutral position preclude them of such liberties?

Circling back to the wikipedia article, we live in a world where the media (and a vast majority) doesn't agree with the content gab hosted.

The wikipedia opening is in regards to epik taking action, or inaction, in regards to sites like gab, or some of the drug websites they were/are sponsoring/enabling/housing....

If we lived in a world, where the media wrote more about gab in positive light, in a world where the vast majority agrees with the housing of gab, the wikipedia article might have other sources to cite suggesting a different narrative.

We also live in different worldly times. We are past the times of the cold war. Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation. Why bring it to namePros? Might it be time to evolve?

Find sources. Try to cite those. There are rules.not just wikipedia rules, Be it nP rules or even ICANN rules, though after watching the .O fiasco, and lack of disclaimers at .o checkout, I'm not entirely sure how ICANN enforcement works or the legal signoffs that would have had to happen to allow such a fiasco. Regardless, be it nP, Wikipedia, or ICANN, each have their respective processes / policies.

Or better yet, if epik were to start more positive missions, and take less of a focus on conspiracies, grandstanding, self-promoting, and started upholding ethics, or uplifting others, than maybe the media will take note. And epik will be known for other things. Until then, we live in the world we live in.

Last edited:
•••
If that's the bed you make,

can wikipedia make the same bed?

Or does their neutral position preclude them of such liberties?

Circling back to the wikipedia article, we live in a world where the media (and a vast majority) doesn't agree with the content gab hosted.

The wikipedia opening is in regards to epik taking action, or inaction, in regards to sites like gab, or some of the drug websites they were/are sponsoring/enabling/housing....

If we lived in a world, where the media wrote more about gab in positive light, in a world where the vast majority agrees with the housing of gab, the wikipedia article might have other sources to cite suggesting a different narrative.

We also live in different worldly times. We are past the times of the cold war. Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation. Why bring it to namePros? Might it be time to evolve?

Find sources. Try to cite those. There are rules.not just wikipedia rules, Be it nP rules or even ICANN rules, though after watching the .O fiasco, and lack of disclaimers at .o checkout, I'm not entirely sure how ICANN enforcement works or the legal signoffs that would have had to happen to allow such a fiasco. Regardless, be it nP, Wikipedia, or ICANN, each have their respective processes / policies.

Or better yet, if epik were to start more positive missions, and take less of a focus on conspiracies, grandstanding, self-promoting, and started upholding ethics, or uplifting others, than maybe the media will take note. And epik will be known for other things. Until then, we live in the world we live in.
We live in a world of wonder. A world of amazing. Rob is part of that. There will always be gabbers.
Gabbers don't define the world we live. The Robs of the world do.

The world isn't changing. People are. For better or worse.

That's the world we live in.

•••
Wikipedia can do what it pleases. It will live with the consequences. These are some the consequences. They must know there are consequences to what they publish.

I'm sure they will change the article. And they should.

•••
I wish all members of the forum would follow the rules as they pertain to who is a moderator and who is not. As they pertain to using the report button.

I don't like my reading interrupted by off topic comments by non-moderators. Not a moderator = don't even attempt to make rules, enforce rules, even remind of rules. That's the job of moderators.

•••
We live in a world of wonder. A world of amazing. Rob is part of that. There will always be gabbers. Gabbers don't define the world we live. The Robs of the world do.

You lost me.

Which Rob we talking here?

Rob Lowe?

giphy.gif

Rob Gronkowski?

giphy.webp

Rob Schneider ?

200.webp

Last edited:
•••
Not one comment in that wikipedia of Epik scamming, committing crimes or otherwise, yet they found a way to highlight a narrative. It's just wrong.

•••
•••
You lost me.

Which Rob we talking here?

Rob Lowe?

giphy.gif

Rob Gronkowski?

giphy.webp

Rob Schneider ?

200.webp
In all seriousness, wait...i'm still laughing....

•••
Okay, maybe we should play a round of "If I Were A NamePros Moderator"..

@Grilled you start sir.

•••
Okay, maybe we should play a round of "If I Were A NamePros Moderator"..

@Grilled you start sir.

I would move this post for being off-topic.

Move this thread could mean, delete. Or move to / create a new thread.

•••
If I were a NamePros moderator, I would do exactly what the real NamePros moderators do. :)

•••
•••
We live in a world of wonder. A world of amazing. Rob is part of that. There will always be gabbers.
Gabbers don't define the world we live. The Robs of the world do.

The world isn't changing. People are. For better or worse.

That's the world we live in.

Part of the problem are posts like yours in this thread. You're not holding him to any standards, you're just trying to excuse it, smooth it over, I guess because you're beholden to him. Reread frankas post earlier, it's dead on.

Most of this stuff are old threads and you and others complain about people going at Rob. Do you actually see who is starting all these threads? I've started 0 Epik threads. Rob started this one. Rob starts Lemonade threads linking to old Gab threads. Rob starts gifts, talents and calling threads to promote. Rob does things to get himself restricted and banned. See the common denominator in all this?

Grilled mentioned something about the .o domains. That's something else that could be better. That page had some false advertising right? The page was taken down. Many members had to get refunds. The thing is that same landing page is still there for some other alt extensions. Why?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back