Dynadot

Epik Wikipedia battle is full-on right now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
@Intelliname has engaged the battle with the Wikipedia handlers who have been camping on a Wikipedia article about Epik that is full of nonsense narrative.

You can follow the debate here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Intelliname#April_2020

Bring popcorn but do it quick because they will probably censor this too.

Take lots of screenshots.

Here's a start:

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-17.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-56.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-15-26.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If Rob wants to party, then party on dude. Noone should screw that up.

•••
@bmugford I suppose you research all the products you use and seek out the owners?

You know, it rarely comes up. I would normally have no reason to even know about a business owner.

If all of a sudden a business starts openly courting the fringes of society, then trumpets that connection and their boss was peddling conspiracy theories... You know at some point I might not want to be associated with them.

Brad

•••
•••
You know, it rarely comes up. I would normally have no reason to even know about a business owner.

If all of a sudden a business starts openly courting the fringes of society, then trumpets that connection and their boss was peddling conspiracy theories... You know at some point I might not want to be associated with them.

Brad
I bet you really stand up to those companies that play commercials during your favorite show. :)

•••
Look, maybe I would feel better if I knew how old everyone was. I'm very young by the way. :ROFL:

•••
I'm sorry but if I saw a racist dying in the street, I would help. Just how I am.

And Rob is not a racist. We should help him.
Agreed, help without judging. Humanity at its best but I am afraid not everyone would agree with that. That is how the ICRC was started.

•••
I'm sorry but if I saw a racist dying in the street, I would help. Just how I am.

That is a rather extreme example. I think anyone with even the smallest amount of empathy is likely to help another party in that situation, regardless of differences.

Brad

•••
•••
•••
Agreed, help without judging. Humanity at its best but I am afraid not everyone would agree with that. That is how the ICRC was started.
For no reason at all, none at all, Rob showed me kindness. I don't forget. I'm a successful guy, yet, he found a way to enrich my business by setting up a great intro for me here in LA. That went a long way.

We spent time on the telephone during the Gab situation. We exchanged ideas. We were honest and open.

Now, we have a connection. I don't see why we all aren't leveraging the opportunity to grow.

•••
•••
I am always complimentary of the brains here. My biggest accomplishment was taking my company into the INC500, along side the likes or Oracle and other great companies. I know what it takes and Rob is giving it his all.

I support anyone that does that.

Yes, we disagreed on the Gab situation. Not because of the business, but because I felt he should have left it at business and not gotten personally involved.

•••
For no reason at all, none at all, Rob showed me kindness. I don't forget. I'm a successful guy, yet, he found a way to enrich my business by setting up a great intro for me here in LA. That went a long way.

We spent time on the telephone during the Gab situation. We exchanged ideas. We were honest and open.

Now, we have a connection. I don't see why we all aren't leveraging the opportunity to grow.
Understood, but would you let this judge your ability to call Rob out if he did something wrong? I believe only a good person tells you that you are wrong in such and such. Personally, I will not let some good deed that I got from someone cloud my judgement of something I believe is wrong.

•••
Moving forward, I don't see any problem with the moderation of this forum.

I believe in order. A non-moderator has one option. The report button.

•••
Understood, but would you let this judge your ability to call Rob out if he did something wrong? I believe only a good person tells you that you are wrong in such and such. Personally, I will not let some good deed that I got from someone cloud my judgement of something I believe is wrong.
If you look up my comments regarding that matter, you will see that I was quite aggressive. On that specific issue.

•••
Look, everyone wants to be noticed. Rob made a big splash. Some water from that splash got into the eyes of some people that didn't like it.

We should be able to move forward.

•••
If you look up my comments regarding that matter, you will see that I was quite aggressive. On that specific issue.

Yes, but some think it should define him, irrespective of his actions or whatever Rob says.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Rob has never even asked me to use Epik. Never. We talk on the phone. (I've talked to several members by phone), usually about what we are working on. What we are aiming for. Namepros never enters the conversation.

•••
I really think this industry is changing some. Coming into the light slowly. It's not the little club it once was.

I got people writing me to mentor them. It's a hobby for me! But people want to get moving in domain investing.

At first I thought all the animosity was a joke. It had to be...right?

Then, when I began to see certain members constantly policing Rob, I realized there were real issues.

•••
Anyway, I hope people will approach with respect. Complete honor and respect. Rob should demand it... but he doesn't.

•••
•••
Anyway, I hope people will approach with respect. Complete honor and respect. Rob should demand it... but he doesn't.

Everyone starts neutral.

Respect is earned.

Not demanded.

Not to be gained through threats.

But earned.

(to me at least)

•••
Everyone starts neutral.

Respect is earned.

Not demanded.

Not to be gained through threats.

But earned.

(to me at least)

I'll be the first to agree!

I'm a bit different though. I really do listen to those who point out weaknesses, problematic situations and such. I don't know that Rob always listens as well as he advises. But I don't hold it against him. Maybe he is listening. I see so much positive energy. I believe he means well. That's the start.

•••
We should form a group. A group that Rob hears from. A group intended to mend relationships and build mutual respect. A group willing to be open.

That might help.

I read somewhere that NP is working on a method for more community moderation. I think that would be good too.

•••
The wikipedia article was an unfair representation of a legal company. Wikipedia knows it. I have no doubt the article will be changed. And it should be.

I think @Molly White knows too. No wikipedia article goes into companies customer service records, their global investments, their political ties, etc. That article was horrible for wikipedia. It reads more like a political spin article.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back