IT.COM

Epik offering cost-plus price: just $0.50 over their cost. Can they be trusted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
I got the following Email from Epik yesterday. It all sounds great but can they be trusted? I know they were doing a lot of unethical things recently but now they claim to be under new ownership?

Hello,

As you may have heard, Epik has been acquired and is under new ownership. We’re excited to share the first of many positive changes—we’ve lowered our prices to better serve you.

As someone with a substantial domain portfolio, you can now take advantage of a great cost-plus price: just $0.50 over our cost (which includes the registry price and the $0.18 ICANN fee).

Why the price drop?

Your partnership means everything to us, and we want to show our appreciation. That's why we've not only lowered our prices, but also streamlined our pricing structure. For most domains, registrations, renewals, and transfers will now share the same pricing, providing a seamless experience and added savings.

On September 1, Verisign plans to increase the cost of a .com domain by 72 cents. Register or renew your .com domains now (for one or multiple years) to avoid the upcoming registry price increase. Log into your account today to see your new pricing and renew to safeguard those savings.

Thank you for choosing Epik as your domain partner. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Epik
The Independent Registrar

30 N. Gould St., Ste. E
Sheridan, WY 82801
(737) 301-5923

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No!

Search this forum and you will find many reasons why
Hi - Thank you for your reply. Most of the posts I've read had to do with their Marketplace and them not paying out the money after someone sold a domain through Epik. Now, are we saying there were also problems with people just parking their domain portfolio with Epik and renewing their domains? Also, if they are under new ownership - is it possible things have improved? I mean, if I would buy Epik, it would be under new ownership and I would do things honestly. So - is there anyone out there who knows more?

•••
•••
Why would you risk it? The potential downsides far outweigh the potential upsides (can't think of a single one).

•••
Dont forget about the hack.
https://archive.md/traih
Very insecure registrar than may be closed down by icann, just what I have read.

•••
Hi - Thank you for your reply. Most of the posts I've read had to do with their Marketplace and them not paying out the money after someone sold a domain through Epik. Now, are we saying there were also problems with people just parking their domain portfolio with Epik and renewing their domains? Also, if they are under new ownership - is it possible things have improved? I mean, if I would buy Epik, it would be under new ownership and I would do things honestly. So - is there anyone out there who knows more?
Nobody bought anything.

That is what they want you to believe.

They just opened a new company, transferred assets to it and let the old company go bankrupt with debits and scammed users.

They were awful as a registrar as well since you ask.

•••
Even now they charged $34.95 for a .net automatic renewal and wouldn't refund!

•••
I would not take it even if it's free

•••
•••
As someone with a substantial domain portfolio, you can now take advantage of a great cost-plus price: just $0.50 over our cost (which includes the registry price and the $0.18 ICANN fee).
Be careful as epik is not always honest. There are people owed a lot of masterbucks there and some people having trouble transferring domains out of epik. Another issue is if they decide to stay at epik some people are paying but not getting a year add to their reg.

•••
•••
Also, if they are under new ownership - is it possible things have improved? I mean, if I would buy Epik, it would be under new ownership and I would do things honestly. So - is there anyone out there who knows more?
They are not under new ownership. All the same bad people are involved. They didnt even have enough money (or decency) to change the name.

Many people here are screwed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

That company should remain blacklisted forever.

•••
I would use it for experimental hand reggae that u wanna test out ^_^.

•••
•••
All Epik.com did is shift some assets around on paper to "new" ownership in an effort to leave customers holding the bag for their own mismanagement.

Who actually owns and operates "new" Epik?

If you want to do business with a registrar that has a history of scamming customers and has secretive "new" ownership that's your decision.

There are many other registrars that offer similar or better prices, service, support and don't have a history of scamming customers.

I can't see a single compelling reason to use them, and can see many reasons not to.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
I got the following Email from Epik yesterday. It all sounds great but can they be trusted? I know they were doing a lot of unethical things recently but now they claim to be under new ownership?

Hello,

As you may have heard, Epik has been acquired and is under new ownership. We’re excited to share the first of many positive changes—we’ve lowered our prices to better serve you.

Why the price drop?

Your partnership means everything to us, and we want to show our appreciation. That's why we've not only lowered our prices, but also streamlined our pricing structure. For most domains, registrations, renewals, and transfers will now share the same pricing, providing a seamless experience and added savings.

On September 1, Verisign plans to increase the cost of a .com domain by 72 cents. Register or renew your .com domains now (for one or multiple years) to avoid the upcoming registry price increase. Log into your account today to see your new pricing and renew to safeguard those savings.

Thank you for choosing Epik as your domain partner. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Epik
The Independent Registrar

30 N. Gould St., Ste. E
Sheridan, WY 82801
(737) 301-5923
Spam email.....
Just come to this post and present yourself

•••
Is epik paying you to write this to test the water? Are you a traitor?
You work for epik?

Last edited:
•••
I removed all my Epik names from their for sale landing pages. I don't want to have any more sale funds going into the Masterbucks hole. I'll pay more commission but feel safer. I have names remaining but will move them as they come up for renewal. I don't have the cash flow to move all of them now. I will need to take the risk, unfortunately. Epik offered me free renewal on a couple of names and I passed on that offer.

•••
I removed all my Epik names from their for sale landing pages. I don't want to have any more sale funds going into the Masterbucks hole. I'll pay more commission but feel safer. I have names remaining but will move them as they come up for renewal. I don't have the cash flow to move all of them now. I will need to take the risk, unfortunately. Epik offered me free renewal on a couple of names and I passed on that offer.
Mind if I ask @NamesMax since you said you can't afford to move them all do you like own hundreds of domains? Or is it like over 1,000 domains?

•••
Is epik paying you to write this to test the water? Are you a traitor?
You work for epik?
NO! NO! NO! And I'm 100% certain I'm NOT the only one who got this Email! I can't even log into my ePik account because they turned on 2-factor authentication without me asking for it and it doesn't work! I've been sending Email messages back and forth and they haven't resolve that yet...

•••
Com'on people - domain renewals have gone up a lot since like 10 years ago! I can't afford to renew all of my domains so I AM looking for an affordable solution!

•••
They wrote a letter to you and did not even introduce themselves. So, nothing has changed in this company. If people hide their names, this is an occasion to think about whether it is worth dealing with them. And if you continue to persuade that the Epic became good, then you are good friend of Rob Monster

•••
They wrote a letter to you and did not even introduce themselves. So, nothing has changed in this company. If people hide their names, this is an occasion to think about whether it is worth dealing with them. And if you continue to persuade that the Epic became good, then you are good friend of Rob Monster
I never said they were good. It just 'sounded' like potentially a good deal - I mean show me where else I can get $0.50 over cost and I'll gladly take my 400+ domains there... And I don't know who Rob Monster is! I don't spend days studying this stuff. I just need to figure out how I can manage my domains going forward! That's all! Look at my other posts if you don't believe I'm legit!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back