Dynadot

Epik Going Down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Nothing but issues with them the past few weeks, then I read online that people are owed millions of dollars. I have paid to renew several domains and come to find out those domains never got renewed - epik claims it isnt a problem. Two weeks ago they told me it was a glitch, today they tell me they never heard back from their engineers. Whatever that means... guess I am going back to namecheap!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Use Dynadot , it is the best registrar .

•••
Don't listen to this paid GD actors, we tested it and it works, just renewed another NET with PP, it was instant, with CC it was about 10 minutes!
Fake users exposed which want to destroy Epik, not talking about Pianomover guy.
You keep posting this paid GD actor nonsense as if GoDaddy is worried about some small, in trouble registrar, when it would be more likely you're some paid actor. Your shilling is a bit over the top. These aren't some make believe issues people are posting about. People like you are part of the problem. Do you really believe:

a bunch of people are lying about issues
posting fake screenshots of receipts, emails, correspondence from Rob, new guy
employees are lying about quitting
etc.
?

Last edited:
•••
I have renew recently one ccTLD at Epik it took only under one minute to show the updated exp date.
Have pay with in store credits.
Not sure who pay all this topics against Epik, maybe Godaddy who knows.
Where is evidence of your experience? I can provide my exp, no trouble.

Last edited:
•••
I can second what @iTesla said about renewals at Epik. Renewed 3 .com names in the last hour at Epik using my instore credits balance and they got renewed immediately. No issues whatsoever.

Had got so paranoid after reading everything about renewals at Epik in the various threads here at NP that I triple-checked the renewals. First at Epik. Next at whois.com. And finally at lookup.icann.org. But found no issues.

PS: Dit not check renewals for other tlds - including .co

•••
I'm in again. Time to transfer a few more in a hurry. If anyone wants to buy a great 4L let me know. I need to finance the remainder of my transfers out!! lol This is pathetic!!

•••
Dynadot disabled for sale page for no reason.
So you thought you'd be better off moving to a registrar that's teetering on the edge of collapse? Not sure I understand the logic.

•••
Dynadot registration doesn't happen instantly most of the time.

Once you make payment, for registration, they send email with status 'Order Received'.
But, you can still see that the name is available for anyone to register with other registrars.
Once the registration is complete they send email with status 'Order Finished'. So it's not real time.

So, if you want to grab a 'dropped domain', in my experience Dynadot is not the best choice, if you're doing hand registration.

I've more than 100 names with them.
Their UI is definitely better than Namecheap for 'domain investors'. You can do a lot of bulk operations.
There are many positive points, like... you get discount, automatically, based on the amount of annual spent with them.
They're still a GOOD REGISTRAR. But, NOT the BEST!

Last edited:
•••
Too many issues with Epik. Avoid them and use another registrar if you can.

Last edited:
•••
Don't listen to this paid GD actors, we tested it and it works, just renewed another NET with PP, it was instant, with CC it was about 10 minutes!
Fake users exposed which want to destroy Epik, not talking about Pianomover guy. :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••

Epik Going Down?​

1674987665799.png

YES, Epik Going Down.​

(at least it loses domainers trust, as Masterbucks)​

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/epik.com

Last edited:
•••
Nothing but issues with them the past few weeks, then I read online that people are owed millions of dollars. I have paid to renew several domains and come to find out those domains never got renewed - epik claims it isnt a problem. Two weeks ago they told me it was a glitch, today they tell me they never heard back from their engineers. Whatever that means... guess I am going back to namecheap!
I have also paid to renew several domains. Some of them are now suspended because the renewal didn't happen on Epik's side. Support says to take the domains elsewhere if I want to renew them.

•••
Did you pay with Masterbucks or what method? I have had no problems paying via PayPal.

More people need to formally complain to ICANN if they are not meeting basic registrar functions like renewals.

•••
They havent accepted paypal in quite some time
They've taken PayPal again since July. Just saying...

It's all a waste of time and money at Epik now. Way past time to bail!~

•••
•••
Just for testing purposes to prove to myself if you are really paid actors, I went to renew one of my .NET domains at Epik using my credit card, the domain is not renewed after 6 minutes, but payment was charged from the card. So there seems some CC issues at Epik.
Will see if it will renew or not and how much time will take.

I was about to post this upper message but the domain is renewed after more than 10 minutes, maybe because I selected Manual renewal for the domain?
Because there are 3 options Automatic, Manual and Off. Maybe they did it manually or what?

•••
Well It Worked For Me. They did deducted money 7 days earlier from CC and domain was not renewed. But on the day of expiry it did got renewed.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Unbelievable. Paid for another renewal a couple of weeks ago. Still isn't renewed. Called epik again and they told me if i want to renew the name, I have to transfer it to another registrar!!!!!

•••
I have renew recently one ccTLD at Epik it took only under one minute to show the updated exp date.
Have pay with in store credits.
Not sure who pay all this topics against Epik, maybe Godaddy who knows.
Where is evidence of your experience? I can provide my exp, no trouble.

It's only some TLDs that are having problems. I know ".co" is one of them. Try renewing if you have one and you'll see.

•••
Not sure if it went down already, maybe not - but definitely going down...

•••
I renewed 3 .com domains since 18 Jan using epik credit, while the credit deducted. the domain not renewed. I'm emailing the support to check now.
Just to update, after contacting support, they updated the domain and now reflected with 1 year extension.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back