Dynadot

Epik Going Down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Nothing but issues with them the past few weeks, then I read online that people are owed millions of dollars. I have paid to renew several domains and come to find out those domains never got renewed - epik claims it isnt a problem. Two weeks ago they told me it was a glitch, today they tell me they never heard back from their engineers. Whatever that means... guess I am going back to namecheap!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are scam people who are living outside of the USA because such customers can not send lawsuits etc

•••
Really? When did they move out of the country?

•••
•••
Nothing but issues with them the past few weeks, then I read online that people are owed millions of dollars. I have paid to renew several domains and come to find out those domains never got renewed - epik claims it isnt a problem. Two weeks ago they told me it was a glitch, today they tell me they never heard back from their engineers. Whatever that means... guess I am going back to namecheap!
I have also paid to renew several domains. Some of them are now suspended because the renewal didn't happen on Epik's side. Support says to take the domains elsewhere if I want to renew them.

•••
Use Dynadot , it is the best registrar .

•••
Dynadot registration doesn't happen instantly most of the time.

Once you make payment, for registration, they send email with status 'Order Received'.
But, you can still see that the name is available for anyone to register with other registrars.
Once the registration is complete they send email with status 'Order Finished'. So it's not real time.

So, if you want to grab a 'dropped domain', in my experience Dynadot is not the best choice, if you're doing hand registration.

I've more than 100 names with them.
Their UI is definitely better than Namecheap for 'domain investors'. You can do a lot of bulk operations.
There are many positive points, like... you get discount, automatically, based on the amount of annual spent with them.
They're still a GOOD REGISTRAR. But, NOT the BEST!

Last edited:
•••
Did you pay with Masterbucks or what method? I have had no problems paying via PayPal.

More people need to formally complain to ICANN if they are not meeting basic registrar functions like renewals.

•••
Unbelievable. Paid for another renewal a couple of weeks ago. Still isn't renewed. Called epik again and they told me if i want to renew the name, I have to transfer it to another registrar!!!!!

•••
Did you pay with Masterbucks or what method? I have had no problems paying via PayPal.

More people need to formally complain to ICANN if they are not meeting basic registrar functions like renewals.
They havent accepted paypal in quite some time. I paid with a credit card.

•••
I have renew recently one ccTLD at Epik it took only under one minute to show the updated exp date.
Have pay with in store credits.
Not sure who pay all this topics against Epik, maybe Godaddy who knows.
Where is evidence of your experience? I can provide my exp, no trouble.

Last edited:
•••
I have renew recently one ccTLD at Epik it took only under one minute to show the updated exp date.
So you are suggesting that someone (me) who has been here for 20 years is somehow affiliated with godaddy and they are paying me to lie about epik? lol get over yourself.

•••

It's only some TLDs that are having problems. I know ".co" is one of them. Try renewing if you have one and you'll see.

•••
I can second what @iTesla said about renewals at Epik. Renewed 3 .com names in the last hour at Epik using my instore credits balance and they got renewed immediately. No issues whatsoever.

Had got so paranoid after reading everything about renewals at Epik in the various threads here at NP that I triple-checked the renewals. First at Epik. Next at whois.com. And finally at lookup.icann.org. But found no issues.

PS: Dit not check renewals for other tlds - including .co

•••
I can second what @iTesla said about renewals at Epik. Renewed 3 .com names in the last hour at Epik using my instore credits balance and they got renewed immediately. No issues whatsoever.

Had got so paranoid after reading everything about renewals at Epik in the various threads here at NP that I triple-checked the renewals. First at Epik. Next at whois.com. And finally at lookup.icann.org. But found no issues.

PS: Dit not check renewals for other tlds - including .co
from what you are saying, if you have an instore credit, then it is not a problem. that kind of makes it worse then if they are unable to complete credit card transactions. why do they keep blaming an engineer for nearly a month now?

•••
I used all Masterbucks credit to register .link domains without issue

•••
Can't comment on renewal via credit card, as I haven't used my CC at Epik since the hack occurred. Mostly use the instore credit, Masterbucks balance, Paypal, in that order for my purchases at Epik.

•••
i find it bizarre that they tell me if i want to renew, to first transfer it to another registrar.

•••
I used all Masterbucks credit to register .link domains without issue

I have only 9 dollar balance in masterbucks .

Can you please tell how you could use the balance , because for me as below it is not availibale as a option to choose for payment !! it is disabled i think !!

1674520237164.png

•••
I have only 9 dollar balance in masterbucks .

Can you please tell how you could use the balance , because for me as below it is not availibale as a option to choose for payment !! it is disabled i think !!

Show attachment 230878

You need to top up your Epik account balance by means of Masterbucks first. Then you can use them towards registration or renewal. But note that some people say their orders are not fulfilled.

•••
They havent accepted paypal in quite some time
They've taken PayPal again since July. Just saying...

It's all a waste of time and money at Epik now. Way past time to bail!~

•••
I tried to login to my account but their website is not loading. Someone else experience this issue, too?

•••
•••
Too many issues with Epik. Avoid them and use another registrar if you can.

Last edited:
•••
I'm in again. Time to transfer a few more in a hurry. If anyone wants to buy a great 4L let me know. I need to finance the remainder of my transfers out!! lol This is pathetic!!

•••
Back