here is what happened:

the domain is not in my undeveloped account,
but in epik.com 's undeveloped account

upload_2019-6-12_11-39-21.png

upload_2019-6-12_11-39-29.png

upload_2019-6-12_11-39-39.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many marketplaces encounter the issue at some point.
Without ownership verification, everyone can list every name he wish..
I'm not judging Dan for that, The same happened with Godaddy.com being listed on Afternic a few weeks ago.
I also know @Reza has plans to add ownership verification to DAN, so adding someone else's name on their marketplace will likely be impossible.

Gube

the problem with ownership verification is
a delay in listing the name

I use DAN because often sedo doesn't accept my domain submission
as ownership couldn't be verified

but I can't be asked to do all the work to prove ownership to sedo

•••
the problem with ownership verification is
a delay in listing the name

I use DAN because often sedo doesn't accept my domain submission
as ownership couldn't be verified

but I can't be asked to do all the work to prove ownership to sedo
The verification process shouldn't be complicated too.
The easiest I see would be to ask to add a custom nameserver which would be unique (YourUsername123-ver.dan.com) for example.
I think something like this should be possible
And, for example, if your domain is currently listed on a brandable marketplace which forces you to use their nameservers, you could add the custom NS at the end so it wouldn't interfere with the others

Gube

•••
I admit that I sometimes am irritated by the need do the txt verification at Sedo as one more step, but I think it is a good idea and I am glad that DAN will be introducing verification. One advantage of buying and selling at registrar marketplaces is they of course know the ownership. As I said earlier, like a lot both DAN and Epik landers and as places to sell, not that I yet have a sale at Epik personally.
Bob

•••
The verification process shouldn't be complicated too.
The easiest I see would be to ask to add a custom nameserver which would be unique (YourUsername123-ver.dan.com) for example.
I think something like this should be possible
And, for example, if your domain is currently listed on a brandable marketplace which forces you to use their nameservers, you could add the custom NS at the end so it wouldn't interfere with the others

Gube

I guess thats only a good idea for individual nameservers

•••
I admit that I sometimes am irritated by the need do the txt verification at Sedo as one more step, but I think it is a good idea and I am glad that DAN will be introducing verification. One advantage of buying and selling at registrar marketplaces is they of course know the ownership. As I said earlier, like a lot both DAN and Epik landers and as places to sell, not that I yet have a sale at Epik personally.
Bob

Bob,

Follow the recipe. Move to "Make Offer" pricing. We'll help you close deals. But this is not the way:

upload_2019-11-6_12-49-31.png

They look very nice. Good job there. Switch to Make Offer. Trust me on that.

As for lander content, feel free to apply your talents on adding SEO content on the page.

•••
Thanks and I really appreciate you taking the time to provide individual advice, and have heard similar advice you have given in other threads.

Maybe. I am open. Maybe will do a trial, half each way. I love experiments :xf.smile:.

@DomainNameWire wrote a post on the topic of BIN vs MakeOffer (I know at a competitor blog, sorry about that :xf.wink:). It seems sensible to me, and it includes the following:
"Domains with a ‘buy now’ price sell at a higher rate than domains without prices. This is because priced domains remove friction from the buying process."

When I am buying something I hate to wait even a day to get a price. It makes sense to me that BIN, along with a make offer option, opens up possibilities, particularly if you can lay out the details of payment plans for that specific domain name.

If I was selling domains at $10k and up I would for sure do Make Offer. I actually like the hybrid approach that Andrew suggests, high value Make Offer, lower priced at BIN.

I seem to recall reading (not sure where, can't find it) some other marketplace that argued that BIN prices resulted in a higher sell-through rate.

Thanks for responding. Still open on question.

Have a nice day,

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back