IT.COM

Epic customer service at Epik!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Since starting in domaining at the beginning of September I have struggled to find a registrar I liked to consolidate all my names to. It's a very small portfolio so far as your can imagine about maybe 40 names in total. About a month ago I signed up with Epik and transfered over a few domains to try them out, I was really encouraged to see the engagement here by its CEO @Rob Monster. And suffice to say he didn't disappoint.

Right before Christmas I had an inquiry on one of my names that I transfered into Epikwe quickly agreed on a price and the buyer wanted the auto code. Problem was it was just transfered to Epik and under a 60 day lock. Seeing that was going to kill the deal I reached out to Epik support and after a short while heard back from Rob directly who really helped me out by removing the lock.

I wish I could say that thanks to Rob I closed my first sale unfortunately the buyer contacted me again after Christmas to back out of the deal. But the point remains shortly before Christmas I was able to get help directly from Rob and he did what probably no other registrar would ever think of doing...he removed a 60 day lock to help out someone who is quite honestly a very small customer.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have received such over the top excellent service from a company in any industry. So I will definitely work to transition over the rest of my portfolio to Epik and hopefully if all goes well I hope to grow it significantly over the next several years. Thank you Rob for your willingness to help out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Since starting in domaining at the beginning of September I have struggled to find a registrar I liked to consolidate all my names to. It's a very small portfolio so far as your can imagine about maybe 40 names in total. About a month ago I signed up with Epik and transfered over a few domains to try them out, I was really encouraged to see the engagement here by its CEO @Rob Monster. And suffice to say he didn't disappoint.

Right before Christmas I had an inquiry on one of my names that I transfered into Epikwe quickly agreed on a price and the buyer wanted the auto code. Problem was it was just transfered to Epik and under a 60 day lock. Seeing that was going to kill the deal I reached out to Epik support and after a short while heard back from Rob directly who really helped me out by removing the lock.

I wish I could say that thanks to Rob I closed my first sale unfortunately the buyer contacted me again after Christmas to back out of the deal. But the point remains shortly before Christmas I was able to get help directly from Rob and he did what probably no other registrar would ever think of doing...he removed a 60 day lock to help out someone who is quite honestly a very small customer.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have received such over the top excellent service from a company in any industry. So I will definitely work to transition over the rest of my portfolio to Epik and hopefully if all goes well I hope to grow it significantly over the next several years. Thank you Rob for your willingness to help out.

Thanks Ryan.

As a general statement, we don't enforce those 60 day locks with known customers. NP members have a decided advantage there. It definitely helps to have a larger number of domains internal at Epik. This also applies to escrow customers where we can often do payouts within hours because to an increasing degree we know the buyer and/or seller well enough to waive further risk assessment.

Best wishes for a high impact year of domainining.

•••
post removed :)

Last edited:
•••
Just received very poor customer service @Rob Monster . totally ignored. Ive been told I have to keep the domain and nameservers at epik ???

Chat started on 26 Feb 2020, 04:51 PM (GMT+0)
(04:51:34) *** Martin Andrews joined the chat ***
(04:51:34) Martin Andrews: Hi, Laser.boutique is still coming up as not detected. Regards Martin
(04:52:08) *** Anand joined the chat ***
(04:52:12) Anand: Hi Martin
(04:53:13) Anand: what you are trying setup/
(04:53:14) Anand: ?
(04:54:25) Martin Andrews: I have brought the domain laser.Boutique, when entered I get the screen Domain not detected in out system and to contact yourself
(04:55:41) Anand: domain : laser.Boutique
(04:56:17) Martin Andrews: yes
(04:56:24) Anand: you are using
(04:56:25) Anand: ns1.dan.com ns2.dan.com
(04:56:27) Anand: nameservers
(04:56:36) Anand: Please use Epik Nameservers
(04:56:37) Martin Andrews: yes
(04:56:43) Anand: ns3.epik.com
(04:56:47) Anand: ns4.epik.com
(04:56:58) Anand: it will work
(04:57:03) Martin Andrews: why epic. I should be able to choose
(04:59:01) Martin Andrews: please answer my question
(05:00:49) Anand: Because
(05:00:55) Martin Andrews: I have changed them and no change
(05:01:09) Anand: Please wait for propagation
(05:02:29) Martin Andrews: If I sell the domain, can they change the nameservers ?
(05:03:36) Anand: yes they can, As long as domain is with Epik, you can continue using Epik name servers
(05:04:03) Martin Andrews: this dosent make sense.
(05:04:42) Martin Andrews: so I have to stay on epic nameservers
(05:06:38) Martin Andrews: what if they want to transfer after 60 day lock. are you saying this is not possible and it has to keep epic nameservers
(05:06:55) Martin Andrews: if that's the case, the domain is unusable
(05:09:50) Martin Andrews: Please answer my question.
(05:13:09) Martin Andrews: Still not working. please answer my questions. if this domain cant be transferred after 60 days or the nameservers cant be changed then its pointless ????
(05:16:05) Martin Andrews: are you ignoring me.
(05:18:07) Martin Andrews: ill just take it up in namepros forum and ask rob to deal with it. your acting very unproffessional
(05:21:13) Martin Andrews: why are you ignoring me anand
(05:22:33) *** Martin Andrews has rated the chat Bad ***
(05:22:33) *** Martin Andrews has commented: Terrible service, being told I have to keep my nameservers posted to Epik. ***
(05:22:33) *** Martin Andrews left the chat ***

Thanks, will review with @Jess Robison.

Looks like Anand thought you were trying to use Epik SSL lander.

Looks like it resolves.

upload_2020-2-26_9-35-54.png

Not sure how I feel about using NP as a bully pulpit but if you don't like what you see there, just PM me and we'll get you squared away.

Regards,
Rob

•••
Thanks, will review with @Jess Robison.

Looks like Anand thought you were trying to use Epik SSL lander.

Looks like it resolves.

Show attachment 145892

Not sure how I feel about using NP as a bully pulpit but if you don't like what you see there, just PM me and we'll get you squared away.

Regards,
Rob

Didn't mean to be a bully, I should of just messaged you. I apologise. By reading the text. I believed it stated I could not transfer or point the domain elsewhere. I am by no means a Bully.

•••
Didn't mean to be a bully, I should of just messaged you. I apologise. By reading the text. I believed it stated I could not transfer or point the domain elsewhere. I am by no means a Bully.

Posting a support request in someone else's fan thread is slightly tactless. :)

We do have live support via phone, email and chat.

The attendant, Anand has his fans, but apparently let you down here. The good news is that he was there and he tried.

Anyway, just PM with your ask and we'll sort it.

•••
Posting a support request in someone else's fan thread is slightly tactless. :)

We do have live support via phone, email and chat.

The attendant, Anand has his fans, but apparently let you down here. The good news is that he was there and he tried.

Anyway, just PM with your ask and we'll sort it.

Ok once again I apologise. No malice meant towards Epik or Anand. I posted here as I didn't want to make a new post with a misleading title. I will PM if I have anymore issues.

•••
Ok once again I apologise. No malice meant towards Epik or Anand. I posted here as I didn't want to make a new post with a misleading title. I will PM if I have anymore issues.

I'm glad to see Rob was able to help you out here. Hes always available if you do have issues either via pm here or email. He even puts his phone number in his email signature. I've never had occasion to need to call him but I cant think of any other CEO from any company that is that open and approachable, it really is nice to know.

•••
I'm glad to see Rob was able to help you out here. Hes always available if you do have issues either via pm here or email. He even puts his phone number in his email signature. I've never had occasion to need to call him but I cant think of any other CEO from any company that is that open and approachable, it really is nice to know.

I totally agree, and as stated there was no malice towards Epik or Rob. I think wires became crossed in translation. That is all.

•••
I have domains at Epik and have other nameservers. Works fine.

•••
Thanks Ryan.

As a general statement, we don't enforce those 60 day locks with known customers. NP members have a decided advantage there. It definitely helps to have a larger number of domains internal at Epik. This also applies to escrow customers where we can often do payouts within hours because to an increasing degree we know the buyer and/or seller well enough to waive further risk assessment.

Best wishes for a high impact year of domainining.
Excellent!

Yet there are those that whine about you being around and available all the time.

"You can please..." well... you know that old quote.

•••
I have domains at Epik and have other nameservers. Works fine.

It was just a misunderstanding. I also have other Domains with Epik pointed at different nameservers.

I have removed the thread.

All sorted. :)

Last edited:
•••
It was just a misunderstanding. I also have other Domains with Epik pointed at different nameservers.

All sorted. :)

Unfortunately misunderstandings will happen no matter who you deal with the important thing is that they get sorted ot as this one did.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back