NameSilo

Epik Fights Paypal

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by labrocca, Oct 26, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. MapleDots

MapleDots Top Contributor VIP

I can't argue with that, it pretty well sums it up.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. eyedomainous

eyedomainous Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

To be fair, other registrar CEO's don't seek-out groups associated with mobilizing hate into murders, etc., than socialize with them in the hosted forums, or wave a religious flag while doing it -and biz in general.
    That is a distinction more inline with Farrakhan's (Nation of Islam) business platform for (right wing) Black Nationalists, than "all domain registrars and hosts".

Personally, as a 'Full Spectrum Liberal', I understand color-culture extremist are part of the human spectrum, and that's there's a market there... for them -and those that can rationalize looking the other way.

3. iecomguy

iecomguy Established Member

Monopoly is a big thing and they are just that. Crypto is not safe while dealing directly but with epik/any registrar serving as escrow in the middle it can be flawless.

4. JordanH

JordanH Established Member

Then why is it any of your business who PayPal does business with?

Just as Epik has the right to do business with whom they please, so does PayPal.

5. Welberch

Welberch Restricted (50-70%)

Agent Smith fights Neo.

6. Welberch

Welberch Restricted (50-70%)

Epik is in my opinion the most innovative establishment in domain industry.

7. DirkS

DirkS Pretty In Orange VIP

Got the mail. Bit long but thanks @Intelliname for informing us.

Epik Update on PayPal Acceptance

As many will now already know, PayPal has been on an active campaign deplatforming and terminating the services of tens of thousands of US companies, individuals and organizations. In a time of COVID that has already amassed incredible financial hardships, their direct actions are impacting millions of people around the world, and disrupting lives with no provocation or warning. PayPal has been locking down accounts, seizing funds for six months with no prior notice, and would seem to be targeting the domaining community in particular. For the organizations we’ve seen impacted, PayPal has also gone after the personal accounts of staff members, and seized them as well with no justification or reason given.

There can be no doubt that this is strategically planned, as their CEO Dan Schulman himself has given interviews stating clearly that outside organizations are now guiding selection criteria on who they choose to do business with. PayPal would appear grossly negligent in recognizing the incredible responsibility it carries as a monopoly, as such careless disregard for its users can create instant hardship and financial challenges that have lasting consequences. Especially as PayPal is often the choice for millions of traders involved with countless products and services, who use the platform when they are unable to have credit cards or bank accounts. However, PayPal’s actions look to be intentional, calculated, and per their own words – in the interests of centralizing power. That means they believe they can choose who you deal with, where you get your information, news, updates, and services in the future, and whether or not they think you have a right to engage in business independently.

Epik itself is but one of many registrars and hosting companies having to deal with unthinkable abuses over the course of 2020, as efforts to preserve freedom, information, and truth being shared with the public have been under constant attack. In October, PayPal made the decision to terminate payment acceptance for all of Epik’s customers, and went as far as telling us in writing that they had no obligation to explain why or ever grant an appeal to be heard. This was after more than a decade of positive service with no prior administrative issues, and zero past reports or incidents of negative account activity.

While we extend our apologies for not making the announcement sooner, we had held out hope that involvement and expected investigations from both the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice would result in service restoral. Unfortunately instead, when PayPal learned we filed an FTC complaint, within 48 hours they engaged in a highly malicious press campaign that saw one hundred ninety-five articles created in an attempt to reduce Epik’s report of historical events. We believe there should be concern about the organization or alliance that has the capacity to instantly create nearly two hundred negative hit pieces, especially against a small business in an attempt to cover their own actions.

For the Epik customers that this may impact, please accept our deepest apologies for any temporary inconveniences that may be experienced. Our commitment and care for each of you remains unwavering, and our team members are available anytime to discuss alternatives and individual support. Epik has many options for payment available, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Wire, ACH, and even various forms of cryptocurrency. We can also accept Western Union, as well as direct deposits through any Chase or Wells Fargo Branch. Please reach out direct to (815) 429-3254 if you have any questions, or would like to discuss alternative forms to pre-fund your account to reduce fees for routine renewal requirements.

In closing, we extend our personal thanks and appreciation to each and every Epik customer. We have never taken your business for granted, and have strived to provide the highest levels of personalized service and care for all of our valued customers. We thank you for your support, appreciate your business, and would ask you to keep us in prayer, as we work to help prevent PayPal’s actions from happening to other entities in the future. If you happen to keep a significant balance with PayPal, we would most strongly recommend you visit their Twitter page. There are now thousands of transparent comments that will allow you to see the impact it makes when suddenly all of your funds are confiscated without warning. You can also learn more about our correspondence to them and exposure of their actions here:

www.epik.com/blog/paypalupdate

May your future be bright, and the challenges we uniquely face be overcome with grace and confidence.

Yours faithfully,

8. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

I did not receive this email and I have domains there. Is this for US customers only?:-P

They should inform all their customers.

9. DirkS

DirkS Pretty In Orange VIP

I'm not from the us. Probably just paypal users. It was sent to my PayPal email address.

10. Grilled

Grilled Restricted (Chatroom)

That seems more likely.

I did not receive an email to the email address I use to sign in to Epik.

But I did receive the email to my paypal email address that is/was associated with my Epik account.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  11. mr-x

mr-x Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

#3. Progressives won't tolerate ideas / speech they find "hateful". They have a well connected network of activist who pressure companies to deplatform and silence anyone who doesn't comply.

"hateful" = disagreeing with any social construct they are imposing on people.

12. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols Common sense consultant VIP

That's very vague. Let's be specific. Are you okay with hate speech and white supremist groups?

13. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

Maybe it's me but, why are all Epik official letters so long and full of political expressions? I just don't get it.

14. BrandEntrance.com

BrandEntrance.com Open 24/7/365 VIP

Could be. Except...

3. Many other companies are also being put on paypal's blacklist.

15. FolioTeam

FolioTeam AMDB.tv VIP

Received it. Not from the US.

16. mr-x

Am I OK with free speech? Absolutely.

Progressive scum throw words like racist, fascist, white supremacist around at anyone who disagrees with them.

17. BrandEntrance.com

BrandEntrance.com Open 24/7/365 VIP

I got it and I am not in the US.

18. Joe Nichols

So you're ok with free speech as it's defined in the constitution. But modifications to what's acceptable as free speech have been made over the years. No?

Are you okay with those changes?

19. mr-x

I'm ok with about 20% of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions.

It's should be obvious speech that affects another's constitutional rights, i.e. slander, can be limited. But even slander is a civil offence, not a crime.

Got it? Do we have to play 25 questions before you get to your point about using the wrong pronoun?

20. Joe Nichols

I get it. I just feel differently. Would it be so bad if the US constitution evolved?

Wrong pronoun??

21. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Email received in junk folder. 10’s of thousands are being terminated by paÿpal it says so i guess its nothing personal

22. mr-x

The constitution doesn't evolve. It can be amended. If you had your way a list of approved / unapproved speech would have to be published weekly.

The best antidote for bad speech is more speech.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/tyler-o...sgender-orthodoxy-in-epic-tweetstorm-n1166266

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  23. Joe Nichols

Boy, you seem to know my way even better than I do! Impressive.

24. MapleDots

MapleDots Top Contributor VIP

HeHe, I like @Joe Nichols he responds the same way I would.

25. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

Believe it or not, that might be the tamest blog post in recent times. Glad all have been notified. Now waiting for notification about Afternic.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice