IT.COM

status-resolved Enforcement of NP Rules or Attractions of words by Seller?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Most Bay

Bruneis.comTop Member
Impact
=== The principle of discussion class is, a topic or an argument can be debated, criticized and even proven wrong. ===

Here is my topic, based on my own experience.

The auction rules of my thread tittled: CannabisMonger.com (https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-cannabis-monger-cannabismonger-com.1107252/), is coppied from a thread of member name: dnlucky.com tittled “Analgesics.com and Additional Domains” (https://www.namepros.com/threads/analgesics-com-and-additional-domains.1105734/).

But the treatment on my thread is, given a warning and immediately closes the thread. Whereas the treatment of dnlucky’s is, given a warning and the thread remains opened.

The warning to dnlucky is the same as the warning on my thread. That is: "Your end time stating "whenever I decide to halt the auction and declare the current high bidder the winner." does not meet the criteria posted above and needs to be edited to follow the rule."

Then what happens is, dnlucky gives an argument to the moderator's warning, that he is not wrong in posting the thread rule like that. (See: the dnlucky argument on the thread).

In my opinion, NP Moderator is correct, because the method of auction like that is not in the rules set by NamePros.

On the contrary, dnlucky believed that the attraction of words does not violate NP rules because they have the same meaning.

What do you think about this?

Let's go to discussion room by using our smart minds and common sense, for NamePros Progress, as the Largest Domain Forum in the World.

Thank You...

Viva NamePros !!!

BabayS

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello all Readers...

I really appreciated, and of course I am really proud of the firmness of the NP moderator in enforcing the rules, without seeing the factors of members account level or length of membership.

I have witnessed, how firm is the NP moderator that finally closed the thread that is considered not in accordance with the rules of NP. I hope, this can be a lesson for all of us as members of the largest domainer community in the world, NamePros.com. In order to always obey the rules as written, and not doing like attraction of the words even though we consider it is true but not in accordance with applicable rules.

Let's respect and obey the rules of NamePros.com. This is where we do business, get the benefit both financially and profit from building a network, and of course here too we can become famous as a true domainer.

And because my thread has been resolved. I hereby declare that this thread is finished with a very professional touch from NP Moderator. Thank you for the understanding and wise thinking.

Viva NamePros ... !!!

Best Kind Regard,

BabayS

•••
Update:

The issue was primarily a matter of phrasing and ambiguity. It's been fixed thanks to the bold changes below, which other members can apply to their auctions if they wish:
and the auction will run until whichever comes first:
1) 72 hours after the last bid
2) someone accepts the Buy-It-Now price
3) whenever I decide to halt the auction and declare the current high bidder the winner (using the Buy-It-Now option)

As you said, we treat everyone the same and the rules are the same for everyone. However, different moderators may handle similar situations slightly differently based on their availability and interpretation of the situation.

We hope that helps.

•••
Hello,

Now, I do understand the mening of the sentence.
Many times I read the sentence: "whenever I decide to halt the auction and declare the current high bidder the winner".
I just aware, In my opinion, that sentence make me confusing. If I use the sentence in my auction, I am sure someone may take the meaning that I can halt the auction whenever I like, and declare the winer whoever I like. I think the fatal mistake is by using phrase "the current high bidder the winner" instead of "the current higher bidder the winner". It can mean, I can declare the winner whoever bid for high, not look for the higher.
And it will be a confusing and debatable sentence.
So I deserve to apologize for my mistake when adopting that sentence (from dnlucky) and use it in my auction "CannabisMonger.com". Now I aware, why NP moderator has to close the auction. I promise not to use the confusing sentence like that.
Thank you very much for understanding.
Viva NamePros...!!!

Best Kind Regard,
BabayS

•••
•••
Everything is clear.
Thank you NamePros...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back