Dynadot

status-duplicate Mods are out of control

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I just got a warning from the mods regarding https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-an-asking-price-the-same-as-buy-it-now.1187004/

“This is a warning that your recent activity has been too unprofessional, destructive, or antagonizing. We expect members to behave professionally and present their opinions maturely, without invoking hostility or aggression, and without antagonizing others.

We must insist that you read this rule in full: Expectations for respect and constructiveness

We are strictly enforcing these expectations, and they should be considered as significant as any other rules.

--

For a complete list of rules, please visit the Official Rules of NamePros page.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions, and content may have been modified or deleted to comply with the rules.

If you have any questions about the rules, please reply to this message, and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
Mod Team Bravo”

This is what happens when a few have power over many and the many sit by and take it.

I don’t make money at NP. My account status is what it is. For the integrity of the community y’all should be afraid of what they just did, and how they interrupted and ruled on a $xx,xxx listing that was clearly a buy it now.

The owner of the site should clean house here. Email me if you want someone to run this operation in an honest and fair way.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did the seller back out?
Yes
I happen to agree with the mods regarding that decision. I think they called it correctly. Regardless, you should not antagonize and insult the mods decision. Their decision is final. They are the authority here.

Accept the decision and move on. Catch some air, let it go and go kick some a$$ on the next opportunity. Good luck!
The decision of a few that sets precedent for the majority is never final.

•••
You and the seller should just come to a decision amongst yourselves whatever the mods have defined as proceeding with a transaction. It shouldnt be about going around your elbow to get to your thumb, anyway.

•••
If they had to get involved, then their decision is final since its their website. Sorry.

•••
Keep close watch on the domain, when it pops up somewhere else, than just snag it at the BIN.

•••
No, the seller never completed the negotiation process. There was no agreement.
The seller completed his end of negotiations the second he posted his asking price. He already agreed to sell on his end. The completion came when I said SOLD.

•••
The seller completed his end of negotiations the second he posted his asking price. He already agreed to sell on his end. The completion came when I said SOLD.
When the seller '"asked" a price, he was inviting negotiations. There still needs to be an agreement to conclude negotiations. Its been like this in real estate for decades. A home owner asks a price and then agrees later.

A "Buy It Now" skips negotiations. There is no negotiations needed. I believe you are convoluting these definitions.

•••
most of the time you go down from a given price by the seller though, you dont go up.

•••
the buyer said, sold or claim. He didnt even haggle.

•••
the buyer said, sold or claim. He didnt even haggle.
This is not how it went. Keith was negotiating nd he offered 6 and 7 K. The seller rejected those offers and said he wants more. Keith then said lets do a deal with the 10K you wanted. Here, the seller did not accept, he told Keith he found out paid appraisals and such things. He did not accept the last offer of 10K which Keith offered. Keith posted Sold and someone in the same post offered 11K.

•••
When the seller '"asked" a price, he was inviting negotiations. There still needs to be an agreement to conclude negotiations. Its been like this in real estate for decades. A home owner asks a price and then agrees later.

A "Buy It Now" skips negotiations. There is no negotiations needed. I believe you are convoluting these definitions.
I’ve heard the real estate excuse a few times now. Generally, a home owner will get a higher price if multiple offers are submitted at ask or close to ask. Then the agent leverages the offers to maximize price. This is something that happens in very few cases. Usually home prices are negotiated down from the ask.

Can you give any other example of any asset, in any situation, where the asking amount is not the top number expected?

What happened here with melatonin.com is because the seller is a coward.

•••
This is not how it went. Keith was negotiating nd he offered 6 and 7 K. The seller rejected those offers and said he wants more. Keith then said lets do a deal with the 10K you wanted. Here, the seller did not accept, he told Keith he found out paid appraisals and such things. He did not accept the last offer of 10K which Keith offered. Keith posted Sold and someone in the same post offered 11K.
Wrong. Forget the PM. I posted sold in a thread where the seller was asking for a certain price. Case closed.

•••
Im out, ive noticed on this website that when someone puts sold or claim that is where the auction or whatever is going on stops and they arrange payment and transfer. I didnt know someone else could chime in anyway. That means we should leave our auctions open after someone reaches BIN also. hmmmm

•••
I’ve heard the real estate excuse a few times now. Generally, a home owner will get a higher price if multiple offers are submitted at ask or close to ask. Then the agent leverages the offers to maximize price. This is something that happens in very few cases. Usually home prices are negotiated down from the ask.

Can you give any other example of any asset, in any situation, where the asking amount is not the top number expected?

From Bankrate.com

"The asking price is the amount a home seller wants a buyer to pay to purchase his home. The asking price is generally part of the property listing and is not the final price paid by the borrower."

•••
Im out, ive noticed on this website that when someone puts sold or claim that is where the auction or whatever is going on stops and they arrange payment and transfer. I didnt know someone else could chime in anyway. That means we should leave our auctions open after someone reaches BIN also. hmmmm
Correct. Let’s use the real estate example that some are throwing around. The buy it now is also irrelevant because you might want more than the ASKING PRICE. It’s a bs situation.

•••

What happened here is you want to lower the price and because of your second thoughts, lets not say your cheapness,you lost a great deal. You knew this is a forum and anyone interested in that domain will be PMing the seller so that was a risk you took and you went negotiating...6 and 7 K. I asked you in that thread do you have a post where the seller accepted your last 10K offer which you offered after you saw the seller was not having any of your attempts to cheapen or belittle or get advantage of his apparent lack of knowledge when it came to the possible value of an assets he claims to have registered back in 1995.

The PMs you shared showed how you were trying to rush the seller to accept and after he told you that he found out about paid appraisals , you then posted SOLD in a thread that is apparently in a make offer forum with no minimum or BIN even attached to it.

•••
From Bankrate.com

"The asking price is the amount a home seller wants a buyer to pay to purchase his home. The asking price is generally part of the property listing and is not the final price paid by the borrower."
That’s because in 99.9% of home sales the ask is negotiated down.

•••
What happened here is you want to lower the price and because of your second thoughts, lets not say your cheapness,you lost a great deal. You knew this is a forum and anyone interested in that domain will be PMing the seller so that was a risk you took and you went negotiating...6 and 7 K. I asked you in that thread do you have a post where the seller accepted your last 10K offer which you offered after you saw the seller was not having any of your attempts to cheapen or belittle or get advantage of his apparent lack of knowledge when it came to the possible value of an assets he claims to have registered back in 1995.

The PMs you shared showed how you were trying to rush the seller to accept and after he told you that he found out about paid appraisals , you then posted SOLD in a thread that is apparently in a make offer forum with no minimum or BIN even attached to it.
Excuse me. I posted sold after he edited the thread title to include the asking price. When we started negotiations via PM the price wasn’t added to his thread. Once it was added, I posted sold.

•••
I deleted that before a single response was made. They didn’t reference that though.
There's a link in the restriction notification (the direct message that you received from us) that links to the listing you created.

We also made the reason clear in a public post immediately afterward.

This is what happens when a few have power over many and the many sit by and take it.
No, this is what happens when you throw a temper tantrum because you did not get your way.

Your actions have been unprofessional, antagonistic, and continue to disrupt the community.

Your account has been restricted.

If you continue, you will be banned.

Now stop.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back