NameSilo

status-resolved Feature request - Display of infraction points / quoting of closed posts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
When on a forum - friction with the admins is always a possibility.

Also, there are many rules and often times people don't realize they are violating them and have a thread closed.

I am curious if we can add a feature to show how many infractions you have and how close you are to getting your account closed? I personally would like to know when and if I get any infractions so I can modify my behavior accordingly.

Also I would love to be able to quote a topic that was closed in the relevant thread you referred me to continue the conversation.

I refer you to these rules NP rules that have me wondering:

1.13. Consolidate your posts and threads on the same topic into one thread where possible.

1.8. Do not write or share the same content in multiple places on NamePros; duplicate content is forbidden unless quoted.

1.5. Do not post anything suggestive or critical of NamePros policy, staff, or moderation activity (infractions, content approval, edited/deleted posts, etc.) except in the designated areas for customer support and feedback.

1.26. All NamePros staff decisions on infraction points, voiding of sales, thread deletion, and banishment are final.

Thanks,
Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Michael,

there are many rules and often times people don't realize they are violating them and have a thread closed.
We have set up our warning system in a way that most rule violations (non-fraud, non-scam, etc.) are sent as friendly reminders (via direct message) the first time with a low point value that expires after a brief period of time. If it's something small, many times you'll only receive an alert, which is not a warning but a subtle reminder. ;)

I am curious if we can add a feature to show how many infractions you have and how close you are to getting your account closed? I personally would like to know when and if I get any infractions so I can modify my behavior accordingly.
This can be requested at anytime, but unfortunately, our forum software doesn't provide an option for you to see it yourself. All warnings should be issued with a Direct Message to accompany them (99% of the time, this will happen), but if a custom warning is created on your account, the moderator issuing it may forget to notify you about it (it's not automatic in the case of custom warnings). That's very rare, and I wouldn't worry about that happening often enough for your account to be closed unexpectedly.

I would love to be able to quote a topic that was closed in the relevant thread you referred me to continue the conversation.
I don't know whether that's intentional or an oversight by our forum software, but you can always create the quotes manually using BB Code: https://www.namepros.com/help/bb-codes

Example: [QUOTE="Michael M, post: 6256451, member: 23936"]quoted text goes here[/quote]

It's not as convenient, but it'll allow you to create the same quote if you use the same BB Code parameters. It's worth noting that if you do it properly, it'll notify anyone you quote.

I hope that helps,

•••
I would like to see the infractions of others.

If someone has a bad business infraction, it should be visible on their account for all to see, perhaps even under their avatar.

•••
I would like to see the infractions of others.

If someone has a bad business infraction, it should be visible on their account for all to see, perhaps even under their avatar.
I like that idea.

I also believe bad business conduct infractions and disagreements with the moderators should carry two different types of infractions - so people who have zero business infractions and conduct themselves professionally aren't penalized for arguing with staff over something. :)

•••
Accounts are restricted (or closed) when they hit the warning threshold or when we find out that they pose a potential threat to the community. For instance, if they fail to deliver a domain after receiving money, their account will be immediately restricted from the marketplace.

Whenever an account is restricted, that'll be visible under their username (User Title position). If you see "Restricted" or "Market Restricted" in their user title, then we recommend using extreme caution when interacting with those members.

•••
I also believe bad business conduct infractions and disagreements with the moderators should carry two different types of infractions - so people who have zero business infractions and conduct themselves professionally aren't penalized for arguing with staff over something.
The differences that we can control are the number of warning points and how long the warnings last before they expire (if ever). We weigh them accordingly based on the offense. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back