Dynadot

Eminem sues iTunes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jeanco

RyanPrice.ca - DeveloperEstablished Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, I heard about this. I wonder why Apple would use his music after talks broke down with him...

•••
Well the thing is they didn't use the music, they showed some kid singing along to the song so in reality its just some of the lyrics they used. So the question is did they use enough of the song in infringe on copyright? I personally haven't seen the ad

•••
i think the law suit is unjustified i mean if a kid is just singing the song that doesnt imply that the product is endorsed by eminem

•••
eminem is a good rapper in all, but the lawsuit put on apple shouldn't be persued due tot eh fact any kid in any part of the US knows most of the song if not all... It should be a good thing to have them singing it and premoting it for him a bit more, not for him to sue and get more money then his couple million he already has.

•••
Yup..I agree with he shouldn't sue either. He has enough and this is just another way to promote his music. but again he shouldn't be limited to make more money.

But the fact remains they are using his lyrics to promote something for profit without authorization. That means he is losing money "big woop, like it means anything to him" and they are gaining on his talented copyrighted lyrics.

Just remember anyone can sing them freely but they can't sing them to promote something into an increased income

Last edited:
•••
well look at it this way: his fans see some dumb little kid singing his songs - all of a sudden, hes not "cool" anymore.

i can see why he is sueing.

•••
He's not sueing because some kid was singing the song. He's sueing because apple is using his lyrics without his permission in a corporate advertisement.

How can you say Apple is not using his lyrics to promote their company? They're showing it in a commercial for iTunes. It's not the fact the kid was singing - its the fact the company is using the kid singing the promote a product.

In my opinion Eminem has a strong case and will most likely win if its not settled out of court.

•••
ehhh he has to sue someone or do something hes been out of the spotlight for sometime now , so he has to do something to get a promotional "push' . JMO

•••
This is the same reason lyrics sites are being shut down left and right... lyrics are just as much someone's property as anything else, and using them without permission to make money ends in the same result - legal action.

•••
Originally posted by inflames
ehhh he has to sue someone or do something hes been out of the spotlight for sometime now , so he has to do something to get a promotional "push' . JMO
i agree 100%

•••
Woah.
I think people in this country sue to much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back