IT.COM

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords β€˜Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol I'd love to see the reply :)

Attention, c-o------m.com becoming available.

Dear Domain Owner,

This is the time to make aproposition on c-o------m.com before it is offered to the general public. We want to ensure your business does not lose any clients or sales by not having this Domain Name.

Most companies own all domains, whether it is .com, .net, .org etc., to prevent any lost customers to their website to promote their products and services. We look forward to getting you your Domain Name shortly.

With time ticking every minute, be the first to take advantage to secure.

The opportunity is now open to capture your market, with the proper placement available that benefits your products or services.

The benefits you will receive by owning this domain:

Organic Placement within search engines.
Generate more clients by more control over market.
Makes your prospective clients feel more secure.
Offering more resources and information to your Target Market.

If you are not of interest please opt out.

Sincerely,

RitZy Domains
6015 Chester Cir
Jacksonville, FL 32217

•••
Dear Sirs,

We have clasificados.com.cn and found that the domain is pretty useful for you to explore China market.

We can really consider selling it out if you are interested in it.

Please get back to us with your kind offer.

Thanks

Regards
Oh well I don't care.
Keep the bad names to yourself and enjoy the renewals :zzz:

•••
got one a few days back

domainer trying to sell me the .biz version of a 3 word name

•••
i am getting spammed everyday by Alex. It's just getting really annoying.

•••

Oh, yes, that pest Alex.

On the other hand, I recently got a decent domain for reg fee because of an Alex tip.

Apparently, he doesn't bother catching deleting domains unless someone expresses interest in them.

:)

•••
I have received about 30-40 emails from about 10 different parties in the last 2 weeks for a marginal domain that I am actually dropping.

Brad

•••
I have received about 30-40 emails from about 10 different parties in the last 2 weeks for a marginal domain that I am actually dropping.

Brad

Brad

are they trying to buy it, or trying to sell you another extension of same keywords?

•••
•••
•••
I've gotten a few crap names offered to me through email.

I also get some offering a domain that I own in another extension. Something like "we noticed you own ****.net, ****.com is coming available and you can purchase it through us for $99"

Did a whois on the .com and it was available.

Made sure to send him a nice message, "Thanks for the email, I just picked up ****.com for $8.50 at my favorite registrar"

:)

•••
Brad

are they trying to buy it, or trying to sell you another extension of same keywords?

I am being spammed about the exact domain I am actually dropping. I am not sure why they feel I am a great end user for it.

Brad

•••
We expect domainers to be businessmen, not ass-wipes, as the vast majority are. When a garden-variety novice starts calling himself a domainer, he had better wear the suit properly. Anything amateurish can hurt up real domainers. Yes, all noobs make mistakes but when a mistake is made, LEARN FROM IT! Some noobs don't care about laws, ethics, or anything but making a dollar. Those ppl hurt the industry. We expect domainers to be businessman because, hey, that's what they are--or at least what they try to be.

I am more surprised that people expect Domainers to be a special kind of salesmen, who are supposed to be more legit than your average pesky telemarketer who keeps calling you on your phone peddling just about anything from vacuum cleaners, to George Foreman barbecue grills.

•••
I'm not one to bother reporting spam, but there are probably enough domainers getting this crap that we could get them blacklisted if enough of us report every letter we receive. It's probably for our own long term good to at least attempt something like this.

Spamhaus does not take direct complaint submissions, but they do get them from SpamCop.

http://www.spamcop.net/anonsignup.shtml

I'm going to start reporting now. This crap has gotten out of hand. I don't care about the little guy trying to sell RedWidgets.com to the owner BlueWidgets.com. But when these reckless fools start spamming Bl-ueWidgets.com with that randomly placed hyphen, this has to stop. They are ticking off our target end user market and potentially destroying all of us.

Start reporting everything you get.

•••
I am more surprised that people expect Domainers to be a special kind of salesmen, who are supposed to be more legit than your average pesky telemarketer who keeps calling you on your phone peddling just about anything from vacuum cleaners, to George Foreman barbeque grills.
I am more surprised that people expect Domainers to be a special kind of salesmen, who are supposed to be more legit than your average pesky telemarketer who keeps calling you on your phone peddling just about anything from vacuum cleaners, to George Foreman barbecue grills.
Echo bot ? :cy:

•••
Echo bot ? :cy:

HEADS UP MODS!

SDINC might be right in this post as I just checked the two other posts Edda has made and they are copied word for word from other posts.

Ex.
From the "Do you own MyName domain?" thread:
Original Post (#3) - http://www.namepros.com/4293065-post3.html
Edda's (duplicate) Post (#32) - http://www.namepros.com/4303945-post31.html

And Edda's contribution to this thread, "[Limited Time Offer] Magazine Quality Content for Less than A Song of Itunes", (Post (#4) - http://www.namepros.com/4303942-post4.html) comes word for word from a post on Wicked Fire.

Either a bot or Edda has no original thoughts of his/her own... :-/ :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
Alien51's long lost twin has returned.

•••
If there something Antoine Dodson will say in this situation would be - Hide Your Emails, Hide Your Domains...Cause they are rapping everyone on the interwebs.

•••
I was waiting for this. I saw the dupe post in this thread & needed at least another one to take action. Surely, something's up. The account looks like a spambot so I'm closing it up. Thanks for the heads-up.

HEADS UP MODS!

SDINC might be right in this post as I just checked the two other posts Edda has made and they are copied word for word from other posts.

Ex.
From the "Do you own MyName domain?" thread:
Original Post (#3) - http://www.namepros.com/4293065-post3.html
Edda's (duplicate) Post (#32) - http://www.namepros.com/4303945-post31.html

And Edda's contribution to this thread, "[Limited Time Offer] Magazine Quality Content for Less than A Song of Itunes", (Post (#4) - http://www.namepros.com/4303942-post4.html) comes word for word from a post on Wicked Fire.

Either a bot or Edda has no original thoughts of his/her own... :-/ :laugh:

•••
I know the site, every day I receive one Email directly to the spam list in my Gmail account. I never bothered to open even one email... God bless the spam tray

•••
I think that they are completely destroying the domain-flipping market.
They are trying to sell almost every (crap) domain that is not even in their posses, and they are using fake company names.

Doesn't make any sense for any reputable flipper approaching end users during this period.
Be advised that the domain you have just acquired could have been offered for sale by these "people".

I think that this is a big threat for the industry.
Is there anything that we can do to stop this?

•••
I think that they are completely destroying the domain-flipping market.

It's definitely hurting the novelty effect, email open rates have plummeted but it won't destroy it (also there are contact forms!), good research plus good domains plus realistic asking prices wins.

•••
subject: Notice of Brand name registration XPTO

(If you not in charge of this,please forward this to your CEO/President, because this is urgent.Thanks.)

Dear CEO,

We are the department of registration service in China. We have something need to confirm with you. We formally received an application on May 3, 2012, One company which called "XPTO Holding Ltd." is applying to register brand name and domain names as below :

Brand Name:xpto

xpto.asia
xpto.cn
xpto.com.cn
xpto.com.hk
xpto.com.tw
xpto.hk
xpto.in
xpto.net.cn
xpto.org.cn
xpto.tw

After our initial examination, we found that the brand name being applied is as same as your company's name and trademark. These days we are dealing with it, hope to get the affirmation from your company. If your company and this "XPTO Holding Ltd." are the same company, there is no need reply to us, We will accept their application and will register these for them immediately.

If your company has no relationships with that company or did not authorize them, please reply to us within 7 workdays, if we can't get any information from you within 7 workdays, We will unconditionally approve the application which is submitted by "XPTO Holding Ltd.". Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Ben Zhou
Audit Manager
Tel: +86 21 67 2222 01
Fax: +86 21 67 2222 02

•••
Oh today I've got 2 same emails during 10 minutes but signed by 2 diff. persons.

I wouldn't post any emails here - but this one is without any idea:

"To whomever it may concern,

The 3 months old premium domain Toonami.net is up for sale at $488 only. Since you own similar brand domains, we thought that you might be interested in acquiring this one as well. We are sending this email to several parties, and the first one to reply back will get the deal. If you are interested, please reply back soon.

Thanks
Jeff Lewis
Jimmy Turner (it's in the second email
)"

It was sent to my [email protected] email.

These guys think that TOONAMI is similar to TWOMOON :)

Plus I like this part "3 month old premium domain"

The mails of spammers are: [email protected]
[email protected]

•••
One guy is spamming me and want me to backorder using his services domains like e--wine.com, firm-a.com or date-ing.

•••
@ twomoon,

I woke up to the same two emails, I can't think for the life of me what name I own that could be considered similar. I wasted my time by replying back with some helpful advice.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back