Dynadot

Email to original eNom customers: GET LOST

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been with eNom through thick and thin from nearly their beginning, and have spend well over $1 million over the years. After some tech issues they refused to fix a few years ago, I move many of my domains to another registrar, but left 1,500 domains at eNom.

Today I received an email from them saying that all accounts will have to continuously spend $100,000 with them per year to get stay in the better pricing classification AND that I will be dropped to one of their highest pricing categories in 30 days!

It's like someone took a class on how to do great business and retain customers, and they have chosen to do the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Time to start collecting those auth codes and putting those xfer requests in.... BYE ENOM!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would have only 2 points of disagreement with this analysis. Which would be 1) to put GD in the second category, but better than the 3 you mentioned. And 2) to put Dynadot first :) Godaddy's upselling never stops, also. you have to delete/turn off every little thing.
agreed godaddy has amazing support and they are great but with everything they offer its tough to navigate through the upsells. namesilo just dont have the domain options that dynadot has their interface is just not as simple and clean and easy. what i needed to send a support ticket to enom (unlock all my domains) I can do in dynadot with 2 clicks. I dont have any expereince with namecheap so I cant comment. I would say dynadot and godaddy are the best imo from my experience.

•••
we asked about the reseller lump sum we paid to get reseller pricing. I think it was a one time $750 fee to go from $13.50 to $9.50
Sent a support ticket 8 days ago and received this reply

They still offer a pltnum plan for $700 at $10 so I am guessing they want me to pay this again.
https://www.enom.com/reseller/domain-name-reseller-pricing-plans

Hello,

The decision was made by Tucows to re-align the pricing tiers to put resellers into similar tiers based on current volume and growth. This was done in an effort to streamline our pricing and be more transparent with our reseller model. In some cases, this results in resellers being moved from a higher to a lower tier.

We understand these types of pricing changes are not always well received, however we felt it was the best decision to make for our business and reseller customer base.

That being said, we will not be refunding any setup or enrollment fees.

Kind Regards,

Cam Cleveland

Reseller Sales

5808 Lake Washington Blvd. #201

Kirkland, WA 98033

[email protected]

I haven't bought anything from them in years but they still chose to continue me in the platinum plan. But I expect that will change after the next review :) So I would question whether their criteria was any good. eNom are not the registrar they used to be. It's been deteriorating for years. Support is particularly awful these days. Yep. I did manage to ask for some help because I have 1 domain left. acquired recently. But that should be on the way out in about 1 week from now. $10 registrations isn't much to shout about these days. And paying $700 to renew Platinum for $10 pricing is laughable. IIRC. At the old eNOM this was $7000 entry level, one time fee, usable against purchases. And now they expect us to pay again? Cough ;)

Dynadot have a much better control panel (but not as easy to learn as eNom's... (which was always their saving grace, IMHO) and $8.75 .com pricing with a $500 Usable Deposit. So effectively $8.75 pricing, privacy not included. I haven't checked recently, but privacy was $2 more at this entry level. But with the $5000 deposit, it was always free. I'm not familiar with NameSilo prices, but I think they include everything for free for about the same price.

Last edited:
•••
And paying $700 to renew Platinum for $10 pricing is laughable. IIRC. At the old eNOM this was $7000 entry level, one time fee, usable against purchases.
Is that $700 also payable against purchases? Sure hope so. Anyway, they are a registrar stuck in the early '90s and... just how have they managed to survive? NameJet and maybe Snapnames?

•••
Is that $700 also payable against purchases? Sure hope so. Anyway, they are a registrar stuck in the early '90s and... just how have they managed to survive? NameJet and maybe Snapnames?

Sorry @forge. I cannot answer your question. Maybe @toughdomains can? They were the largest reseller registrar an the 2nd largest registrar on the planet. They also had the best control panel. How they have fallen.

I left eNom after they failed to contact the receiving Registrar of a domain stolen from my account by the previous owner, after I won the domain in there dropping domains, at NameWinner. This involved all the head honchos (directors) at eNom at the time. They refused to file a legitimate stolen domain claim to GoDaddy. They discussed it between themselves and decided it was cheaper to refund my auction purchase (which was 100% against NameWinner's ToS), and just tell me that the previous owner used a loophole to steal the domain. claiming it was a FEATURE. Which they subsequently closed this FEATURE. After that, I had no sense of safety using them as my Registrar anymore. And moved to a much better Registrar at Dynadot. My respect for the bastions of pioneers which eNom represented had changed to pure anger and hatred. I hate them 100 times more than GoDaddy. If that is possible :)

•••
I'm disappointed with enom (and their new ownerTucows) for this short notice and huge increase in pricing so I'll be transferring out all our names. I've also had massive problems with other registrars such as Moniker and Fabulous which I won't be using again. NameBright looks like a viable option. Anyone using them?

I am using NameBright and get their "at-cost" .com/,net pricing of $8.03 & $9.95 respectively (privacy is free for the first year only). I do get charged an extra 3% when funding my account with CC or Paypal - with Wire Transfer there are no charges. They have a pretty decent panel and everything just works - just like Namesilo.

Support is quite slow, only available via email - Average time for replies is 3 days, sometimes going as long as 8 days. Namebright also misses on some bulk tools.

Dynadot & Namesilo offers much more friendly support with Free Privacy at any level - no minimum orders or slabs.

My choices are in this order
1) Dynadot/NameSilo - The best!
2) NameBright - Simply due to their at-cost pricing & dropcatch.com domains coming in the account
3) NameCheap - Very friendly support, chat & email. Very bad panel
4) PorkBun - never needed to contact support yet. Pretty competitive pricing, free privacy
5) Name.com - never needed to contact support yet.
6) GoDaddy - coz they are unavoidable :)

•••
5) Name.com - never needed to contact support yet.

Just thought I would add in my experience with Name .com. As a newbie I’ve contacted support several times and they’ve been great.

Typical reply time 3-6 hours, extremely friendly and helpful. I’ve returned a few domains and changed my mind on the privacy policy (decided it’s cheaper to get a P.O. box) and the money was back in my account in 1-3 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back