IT.COM

ENOM doubled cost of extension without notification to domain holders

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Enom changed (doubled) their pricing on a specific domain extension (irrelevant) from 29.95 per month to 59.95 without any email notification, phone call or any other change of status notice. One Enom rep said Versign changed their pricing another Enom rep said my promotional price ended (I've had them with Enom for 7 years). Anyway, I feel this is unethical. Anyone else have an opinion?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • I bought - News.social via an expired auction.
  • I pay for the domain name, it renews.
  • The domain goes into my account.
  • I was excited since I wanted a News.tld domain for a project for awhile.
  • I check previous registrant, it was Name marketing team.
  • I'm nice, I email the marketing dept. asking if they want it back, if not I will use the domain.
  • 1 week later Scott McBreen, takes the domain out of my account
  • I get a paltry account credit
  • Scott McBreen believes this is the 1940s, him and Rightside/Name = FBI, and he can take whatever he and his company wants from Japanese-Americans - http://www.densho.org/
  • He licks his chops since Rightside is secretly using money from premium domain registrations to build new Japanese-American internment camps with gas chambers and ovens. He's leading this effort.
  • Jared Ewy calls me and says I can have the name back, if I do marketing video with Name/Rightside about the colossal F$@$-up.
  • I try to call Scott McBreen and leave a message, he refuses to call me back.
  • I try to call Jared Ewy back many times to try to be reasonable about the situation, he will only leave messages on my phone.
  • He admits in one of his messages he doesn't pick-up numbers from my US area code, WTF?
  • I decide I don't need to be a donkey/horse with a dangling a carrot (News.social) in front of me
  • I have nothing against donkeys/horses. At least they are honorable creature unlike the F$@-sH$#ts at Name/Rightside
  • I take a positive review of Name down from my website and remove any mention or positive mention. The review had still had good SEO rankings.
  • I transfer most of my domains out of Name and will NEVER do business with Rightside
  • I post here
  • I HATE new gTLDs and write to several people explaining the situation who own Rightside extensions. They decide to stick with .COM.
  • Will only build on .COM/.ORG and ccTLDs in the future
  • Will tell everyone I F#%%^ can what a mistake new gTLDs, and my story, to anyone that will listen for YEARS

https://www.namepros.com/threads/a-...ture-of-new-gtlds.962844/page-13#post-5702431

•••
I made a similar unfortunate discovery today. ALL my TLD pricing has gone up +/- 40% across the board. Renewal for .me is over $30.!!!!!!

Obviously my "promotional" pricing has ended, too -- along with my relationship with eNom, looks like.

Last edited:
•••
check the pricing with other enom resellers.

•••
are y'all enom (sub)resellers, ETPs, retail customers of a reseller, or retail customers at enomcentral?

reason I ask, is that if you have a reseller between you and enom, that reseller could be the one who raised prices on you.

•••
Who still uses Enom. This is 2016 after all. Shame enom and moniker use to be kings of the industry.

•••
Is namecheap no reseller of Enom ???
Could that have consequences ???

Has anybody already tried calling them about it ?????

Last edited:
•••
NC is a reseller for .com/.net/.org and other extensions via crapnom. Many will not use NC since they are a reseller. Including me.

They handle new gTLD registrations directly.

Is namecheap no reseller of Enom ???
Could that have consequences ???

Has anybody already tried calling them about it ?????

Last edited:
•••
are y'all enom (sub)resellers, ETPs, retail customers of a reseller, or retail customers at enomcentral?

reason I ask, is that if you have a reseller between you and enom, that reseller could be the one who raised prices on you.
Nope, Enom is the one who jacked the price directly to me.

•••
Enom changed (doubled) their pricing on a specific domain extension (irrelevant) from 29.95 per month to 59.95 without any email notification, phone call or any other change of status notice. One Enom rep said Versign changed their pricing another Enom rep said my promotional price ended (I've had them with Enom for 7 years). Anyway, I feel this is unethical. Anyone else have an opinion?

I know this is an old post but Blastoff did yo ever get anywhere with Enom about your price hike? The same 50% increase was applied to my .tv domains without any warning and I feel this it is totally unethical. I'm still trying to get answers out of them now but their support is very poor.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back