Dynadot

Efty Marketplace Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hey everyone - quick update on Inquiries. You can now delete an inquiry from the system by simply opening the inquiry and click the red Delete button in the right-hand corner. We have also implemented some changes to further combat spam in the un-verified inquiries inbox.

@ALLEX - better bulk managing and editing functionality is pretty high up on our list of things we will work on improving in 2017 so I hope to share an update on that soon as well.

•••
Once I settle on a replacement, can I give my account away so it doesn't go to waste?

Yes we can do that. Just email us at [email protected] from the email address that you use to sign into your account and provide us with the contact details (Full name and email address) of the person that will continue to use your account for the remainder of the subscription.

•••
@Doron Vermaat
First, thank you for trying to stay on top of this thread and addressing issues/concerns and "want lists" from your users.

I have one big request to please VERIFY the buyer email before allowing them to create the ESCROW Transaction. This has happened to me several times where a joker is using the BIN to be a jerk and setup the escrow transaction, but never to be heard from again. And it is getting frustrating. So if you can please have the buyer verify their email BEFORE setting up the transaction at Escrow, that would help reduce this situation.

TIA,
DN

•••
Doron you need to remove this verify inquiry thing immediately.

You need to do this now. Your captcha "im not a robot" now automatically removes spam inquiries when someone clicks submit after completing the contact form as it is so there is no need to make the buyer look for the inquiry confirmation email which is 9 out of 10 times going straight to their junk mail box!! I have tested this with various email providers including all the mainstream ones and all inquiry confirmation emails go straight into junk mail. So I can guarantee sales are being lost this way.

You need to have it so whenever a buyer clicks submit, we immediately get an email from efty telling us that you have a new inquiry. Like Uniregistry does. Forget sending them a confirm your inquiry email please as its already killing a lot of us for sales for reasons already mentioned in the above paragraph.

Please do this immediately as many of us do not want to lose out on sales. I like efty but honestly I wil have to move elsewhere and cancel my subscription if this continues.

And why is it that you need to have a domain market place set up if you want to use ssl? All landing pages whether or not we set up our own domain market place at efty should be given ssl on all their landing pages. Again sales are being lost as some antivirus protection software is blocking landing pages as already mentioned in this thread.

Also why is the text font so light and grey when filling out the make offer contact form. You can hardly see your typed text. Again another hurdle for buyers.

Last edited:
•••
Hi everyone, happy holidays. We're looking into eliminating the email verification process at the moment and I will share an update soon.

•••
Doron, will all users have have access to stripe now or will it still be available to ONLY whitelabel account users?

Stripe integration is available on the Profesional plan only.

As for payment/escrow providers: we're currently working with Escrow.com on a much deeper integration that removes a lot (as much as possible) friction from the purchase process and we're also talking with other escrow and payment companies in the domain name aftermarket to explore an additional integration which will be available across all tiers in Efty when we launch.

•••
@Grilled the screenshot above is from our staging server meaning it's already alive and we're just ironing out the last bugs before we ship the code. This should be pushed live for all users within the next couple of weeks.

tumblr_nd4hs6IvAA1u0v4b5o1_400.gif

•••
•••
Just passing by to say that I've used Efty for the last couple of months and I love it. I love the designs of the landing pages. One of the designs is my favorite ('Keifer', I think), so that's what I use for all my landing. I love the 'insights' I get on each of my domains. It helps me determine which ones may be more valuable to others.

I'm currently in the process of fully setting up my custom marketplace. However, the one thing I did notice is that at the bottom of the custom marketplace page, twitter and facebook links are switched. I thought it was just my marketplace but I did check yours as well, @Doron Vermaat

There are a few kinks to be worked out here and there, but all in all, I've had a good experience at Efty thus far.

•••
•••
The main drawback with the Efty platform is that the search tool takes up most of the page whenever you load a page or hit a category button.

Last edited:
•••
I like it for the most part so far...

except I can't figure out how to use my own background image, I don't like the idea of using one of the same 10 background images as everyone else. That and my logo is too small, 300px x 80px is too small for the layout, it looks awkward.

I'm also still trying to figure out how to select more than one category for the domains. Anyone know how to?

Last edited:
•••
but i dont see an basic option to add keywords and describtion for the seo purpose as meta keywords or meta describtion
Neither of those is likely to have any impact on your ranking. In fact, none of those will have any impact on rank.

FWIW - I've worked in SEO at enterprise level since 2003.

•••
@indiegrind

I went ahead this morning and moved my name servers from DNS to efty and within a few hours i got a serious inquiry.. after spending the last month on dns with nothing.. I hope it closes successfully. I'll update.

IMO I do not think this had anything to do with marketplace. It just happen to be that the potential buyer wasn't at DNS but at EFTY. Another thing I do not really like about DNS is that landers are not see but parking pages when you visit a domain name. That is wrong in this era, which I believe EFTY had an edge.

•••
•••
But thats almost impossible to do in bulk with a registrar right? I forwarded 1800 names yesterday as a test, to do it using your method I will have it to do it individually for each domain?
Also, I will need to keep the registrar's NS in place right? or can I use yours alongside the forwarding?

Yes, that's a hideous task but that's the only way to do it - you can't forward a domain to another url by changing the name servers. Not with Efty, or anywhere else. Personally, I prefer to use the individual For-Sale landing pages and include a link from there to my marketplace (this will also help with SEO for your marketplace because it will get a ton of backlinks). You can do this under Settings > Profile. You can also easily change the default For-Sale landing page theme under Settings > Efty Market (scroll to the bottom). Let me know if you need any help with this.

•••
Hey @Doron Vermaat ,

Could you consider letting us add not only custom categories, but also edit the category pages, by being able to add custom h1\heading tags and custom description text.

This would be difficult considering how categories are soon going to be linked to landers (there will be one for each category!) but allowing users to add their own categories is something we will look into for sure.

I am liking the marketplace pages and I may also use nameserver.io to use those as landers rather than the default landers. Giving it a try today, not sure if I have to use the {{TLD}} on the end of the string though, will know in a few hours I guess.

Let us know how you get on with that. If it works this might be a very useful tool for others looking to do the same.

•••
Just started adding names to my Efty store.
Check it out here.

•••
It would be a nice option to have to simply select whether your domain goes to it's own lander or the lander on your marketplace. I imagine it wouldn't take too much work to add this to the Efty NS set-up, so maybe we might see this in future?

I'll ask Lionel to look into that.

Just started adding names to my Efty store.
Check it out here.

Looks great. I see your marketplace logo currently is 190 x 60 pixels. We allow logos to be 300 x 80 big so I suggest you upload a larger version. I think it will look better.

I am not sure how far efty marketplace supports SEO...
1: can't add content on landing page
2:my site score on SEO point of view is less
4: need privacy policy and other terms page
-----

1. You can add text to each landing page by updating the Profile field of the domain within Efty. You can find this field under the Marketing tab of the domain.
2. Can you elaborate on that a bit?
3. Good suggestion. We're planning to add a "About us" page and I will see if we can include a page a with a PP and terms added as well.

I have noticed that not all the categories are shown, only 10 of them (on the homepage). Is this by design?

The designs show the top 10 categories - based on the number of domains in each category.

We have a big update planned next week with regards to For-Sale landing pages and we will focus our development time on the marketplace again for the remainder of October. Expect some improvements and nice new functionalities soon!

•••
•••
•••
I must say, Efty does look very promising. I am liking what I see.

My request would be to add a few things to the Marketplace, like
  • Custom header
Make it more like a mini site.
The ability to create a few pages like,
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy
  • Blog

Also It would be nice to have a few Landers that reflect some of today's more popular Niche categories,
  • Drone
  • VR - Virtual Reality
  • Cannabis/Marijuana
  • Robot
  • Autonomous/Driverless

Good work to all involved :)

Last edited:
•••
Keywords (tags) for each domain would be good too, I think that was suggested a while back on the thread.

Love Efty so far, fits the need and may it continue. Thanks @Doron Vermaat

•••
I absolutely love to work with efty, it is very easy to manage all my domains. For me to be totally happy with the solution, I would join with above request of member lennco:

"The ability to create a few pages like,
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy
  • Blog
  • "
Mainly Blog would be an important issue here, so we can write articles and attract more visitors to our domain shops :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back