IT.COM

question Sales Landing Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I could care less about parking revenue, I just want a nice "for sale" landing page that allows the visitor to make an enquiry. Sedo's is ugly as sin, and whilst I'm slowly but surely building my own solution, I'm looking for a quick fix in the meantime.

Where do you park your names for sales purposes, and which landing pages have you had the most success with?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DomainNameSales you can click one setting on your portfolio and they will all show sales landers. You can set yourself as the broker as well if you don't want them to handle the leads.

If looking to go in house Theme Forest etc has a few scripts to make your own sales landers.

I currently have 443 bypassing parking and going straight to sales landers and inquiries/sales are definitely up versus parking.

•••
I could care less about parking revenue, I just want a nice "for sale" landing page that allows the visitor to make an enquiry. Sedo's is ugly as sin, and whilst I'm slowly but surely building my own solution, I'm looking for a quick fix in the meantime.

Where do you park your names for sales purposes, and which landing pages have you had the most success with?

Customizable For sale landing pages is one of the many features in Efty.com - here's a couple of examples from my domains: www.bandmanager.com, www.companyrecruiter.com - The software is currently in private beta but if you PM me i will create a beta account for you (i'm a co-founder).

•••
Customizable For sale landing pages is one of the many features in Efty.com - here's a couple of examples from my domains: www.bandmanager.com, www.companyrecruiter.com - The software is currently in private beta but if you PM me i will create a beta account for you (i'm a co-founder).
Looks interesting so I just joined Efty..

•••
I kind of like Afternic sales pages so I just forward most of my domains to those. Just found a WP plugin, This Domain Is For Sale, haven't tried it yet but the landers look really good so might be worth checking out.

•••
•••

I am in beta with Efty and I love it....Domain name Sales used to have nice landers then they went complete generic. Efty has control panels and other things so I would suggest to if they allow you in as beta to do it.

•••
Sedo landing page is the best solution... IMO
For example:
sedolandp.jpg

•••
For example:
Show attachment 8446

Yes, it's a very nice looking sales page but the problem is that you can't forward a domain to those landers. I actually contacted Sedo about those landers and they said sorry, they can be reached only through parked pages.

•••
Yes, it's a very nice looking sales page but the problem is that you can't forward a domain to those landers. I actually contacted Sedo about those landers and they said sorry, they can be reached only through parked pages.
This domain forwarding

•••
•••
•••
For example:
Show attachment 8446

This is exactly what I'm after! Thanks mate!

I hadn't thought of doing it this way, I was stuck on the crappy parking templates.

•••
•••
@dv82 - Although these are quite good looking landing pages, I would have though that over time, you will be getting a lot of spam by including your email account on the page. Which isn't exactly needed since you already have a contact form.

@hookbox - I also like this simple and to the point landing page.

So apart from the big companies, would anyone like to share their personal parking pages?

I've been working on one for quite a while, but it's not really ready for prime time,
www.nomsales.com/contact.php. It's generic in nature because I (will) be forwarding many domains to it. The domain name appears to the right of the For Sale image in Blue. To see a domain name add "?domain=mydomain.com" to the url after it resolves. For some reason it didn't work when I added it to the url above.

What do you think? Any suggested improvements?

Last edited:
•••
What is the commission if domain sells at GoDaddy basic auctions? Tried to find this but without success.

Thanks.

•••
10%. But this is not on topic for this thread.

•••
@dv82 - Although these are quite good looking landing pages, I would have though that over time, you will be getting a lot of spam by including your email account on the page. Which isn't exactly needed since you already have a contact form.

Hi @stub - adding email, name, website etc is all optional.

•••
I would definitely take your email out then. And if they want to contact you, they can use your contact form.

•••
I would definitely take your email out then. And if they want to contact you, they can use your contact form.

We're using a plugin that turns an obfuscated e-mail address into a human-readable one. So, the e-mail addresses on a Efty Marketpage, Landing page and sitemap are no longer scrapable.

These showcase landers have all bells and whistles switched on to give users an idea of what's possible. Some domainers prefer to have as much details listed for a buyer to contact them while others don't so we gather to both groups. You can compare it with the pros/cons of having private whois details.

•••
dv62 said:
We're using a plugin that turns an obfuscated e-mail address into a human-readable one. So, the e-mail addresses on a Efty Marketpage, Landing page and sitemap are no longer scrapable.

I had no idea that was even possible. Because it looks just like any mailto: link to a visitor. Is there any other info on this plugin, and is there any code which can achieve the same effect on any php page?

•••
Is there any other info on this plugin, and is there any code which can achieve the same effect on any php page?

Let me ask my co-founder and i'll PM you. I'm the product guy, not the techie :)

•••
CookingHemp.com

Cax.com has alot of great features, editable sales page. add banners, video to your sales page
change dns or forwarding to them. Payment plans available, I like it but dont use it alot

I upgraded,for $20 a year, dont remember when but get extra features at domaining,valuate, and a nice portfolio page at domainportfolio.com/ whatever you want
. worth a look

•••
I am working on a wordpress domain sale landing page that I will sale for $8-10$ when will be ready, I just finished to add a working contact form 7 in the first page, check it here: carcollisioninsurance.com

•••
Is this a responsive design? Is the price for 1 domain or multiple domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back