Domain Empire

question Sales Landing Pages

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I could care less about parking revenue, I just want a nice "for sale" landing page that allows the visitor to make an enquiry. Sedo's is ugly as sin, and whilst I'm slowly but surely building my own solution, I'm looking for a quick fix in the meantime.

Where do you park your names for sales purposes, and which landing pages have you had the most success with?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is responsive made with bootstrap 3. It will be unlimited domains, but I have 2-3 days to finish the work, create the other pages for the theme with ads, with footer, no footer, to add theme functions so from theme option the admin just to complete all the text, logo, domain name, footer copyright. Also I have to test on multidomain install to see if it is working with a domain mapping plugin. In 3 days it will be ready and for $10 it will be a good price.

•••
When it came to a individual sales page, I looked up some themes via wordpress and though many didn't fit what I wanted, there are a few that did.

Have you looked into ThemeForests designs? I think that's the one I've used. PM me and I can give you the specific one.

-Omar

•••
@OmarAndWill - The problem with most of those sales pages on ThemeForest is they are licensed on a domain-by-domain basis.

•••
@OmarAndWill - The problem with most of those sales pages on ThemeForest is they are licensed on a domain-by-domain basis.
If you use 30x forward to your domain portfolio instead DNS, then you use theme on only one domain.

•••
I finally created the theme DPT a Simple and Powerfull Domain Sale Landing Page Template, see more infos and demos on smartwebtemplates.com

Here is a video walk through:

•••
Looks great. Would having ads on there be against adsense TOS?

•••
I finally created the theme DPT a Simple and Powerfull Domain Sale Landing Page Template, see more infos and demos on smartwebtemplates.com

Here is a video walk through:

Hi. I looked at your video, and couldn't see how to use this with multiple domains. Does this require a separate wordpress installation for each domain being sold?

•••
Would having ads on there be against adsense TOS?

I think so.

but still you can display your google ads just by adding few pages like privacy policy, tos & cookie policy etc.,
Nowadays they allowed without content websites too but you should have your adsense already approved. they won't approve for parking pages. IMO.

•••
I have a single 'buy it now' php page (and css style) that I drop into a folder on my hosting - and done. The only variable I have to change is the price, and I do that in a text editor. The php reads in what the local domain is and uses that as a variable.

I've had pretty pages, I've had zero content pages w/ tracking, I've had simple 'buy it now' pages, and pages with timers and just about every 'sales' influencers you can imagine; at the end of the day buyers don't really care how pretty your landing page is - they just want the domain.

I do like the Sedo page though, I might slap together a similar page for a simple 'buy it now'.

•••
Hi. I looked at your video, and couldn't see how to use this with multiple domains. Does this require a separate wordpress installation for each domain being sold?

No, you can install a multisite network and with the help of plugin Domain Mapping can be set a network of domains for sale.

•••
I just set up my own; I now have over 300 domains on it (and more to come):

TheseDomainsAreForSale [dot] com.

It's a simple Blogger page, and I do all the links by hand. I use the label feature for my index pages. Each simple entry offers a link to the actual sales listing on Go Daddy or Sedo.

Domains for sale not yet listed on the site are redirected (cloaked) to a specific "Contact us for More Information for the domain in your browser box" message.

It's a lot of work, but I don't have to worry about someone else deciding on template changes or going out of business altogether, leaving my listings in a lurch.

My traffic has tripled in a month and I have had one significant sale.

•••
@dv82 - Although these are quite good looking landing pages, I would have though that over time, you will be getting a lot of spam by including your email account on the page. Which isn't exactly needed since you already have a contact form.

@hookbox - I also like this simple and to the point landing page.

So apart from the big companies, would anyone like to share their personal parking pages?

I've been working on one for quite a while, but it's not really ready for prime time,
www.nomsales.com/contact.php. It's generic in nature because I (will) be forwarding many domains to it. The domain name appears to the right of the For Sale image in Blue. To see a domain name add "?domain=mydomain.com" to the url after it resolves. For some reason it didn't work when I added it to the url above.

What do you think? Any suggested improvements?

It shows this instead.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

•••
@Konga - I usually get this around the end of the month due to the bandwidth used by the graphics on the webpage. I really should use a smaller background. Still it will be fixed by tomorrow (new month) if I don't intervene now. Which I've done.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back