Dynadot

status-resolved Editing question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vincew

Top Member
Impact
Someone made a post in the Domain Names Wanted forum and then edited it at least twice but in the lower right hand corner of their post it doesn't say "last edited" followed by the date it was last edited - there's nothing there. I was just curious why there's no indication that the post was edited.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh, it just occurred to me that maybe they didn't edit the original post, they deleted it instead and replaced it with a new edited post. That would make sense.

•••
Hi vincew,

If you would link us to the thread we could confirm.

Thank you.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Those edits were to the thread's title.

Edits to the title of a thread are not shown in the bottom right of a post. The "Last edited" is for edited posts only.

Also, edits made to a post within the first 60 seconds of posting it do not show the "Last edited" because the edit time would be the same as the post time (Timestamps are to the minute and don't show seconds).

Lastly, if a moderator is updating a thread/post on behalf of a member, then it may not show the "Last edited" message.

Hope that helps,

•••
Thanks Eric, that certainly does help. I had no idea those 3 actions would cause "Last edited" to NOT appear.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back