IT.COM

.tv Ebay blast

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i moved this to its own thread from the kuwaitnews thread-

if people are interested then we can set this all up- i suggested blasting ebay with a bunch of tv names.
now, the actual purpose would be more to spread the tv word, but if a sale happened, awesome :)

ebay gets a lot of traffic. you never know who your enduser might be. my thoughts are if on a certain day, a large amount of tv names went up for sale, it might have a greater impact than one or two.

it would need to be consistant tho. you dont see mcdonalds rolling out 50 different theme songs at one shot- it would not help to build the brand. the listings would have to be consistant- repetitious.

they would all need to use the gallery image, to make an impact- and we would need to do a write up for the description- and the same write up shows on every listing. after you put the details about your particular name, you pop in this description.

people read over and over and over about .tv and where it is going, and how it fits.

now- there may not be a single sale- and the point is to go into this not exactly expecting one- it is more of a marketing plug. but who knows, someone may make a sale.

ebay is cheap- and this is a real cheap way to reach a whole lotta people, and make a little noise about .tv. so for me to spend 15 bucks on a few listings, to me is not money wasted, if it is done right.

but, 15 listings wouldnt do it- people wouldnt even blink an eye. we need alot of listings for people to look and say, holy crap, what is this all about???? if you cant garner that kind of reaction, then it is a waste of money.
so, this may sound unrealistic, but i am thinking there should be no less han 100 listings hitting all on the same day- i know i would be at least ten of those

100 or more .tv listings, rolling out at once, in mass form. i do think that might get people looking, and reading, at .tv and all it is.

so anyways, thats my idea :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey, Smash,

Don't worry about this now. Remember the old saw

"Take your time and do it right or hurry up and do it over". I am sure all of us here want this to be a successful venture and it will not occur overnight. Your efforts, dedication and guidance are really appreciated, Smash. Again, thanks so much. :)

•••
i think after reading, and after coffee, that the store listings do not automatcally appear in the search listings unless they fit within those listed parameters. with that being said, i am thinking a store might be something in itself to pursue at some point.

if its ok with anyone who wants to be involved, i think we should try the simplified blast first and see how we land.

again- please please- i want it to be clear that my own mindset with this was like millers said- its more of a marketing type campaign than a sales one- also it is entirely possible a sale or two could happen.

i constantly try to think of ways to further get the word out on .tv- since i am vested in .tv names, i feel it is my obligation to at least myself to try all sorts of things- because trying nothing gets you to nowhere.

this just seemed like an easy, inexpensive way to test a marketplace and its visitors. for every person who reads any of the descriptions, could be a person who never heard of .tv, and now may want to pursue it further.

what i will do is finish fine tuning the subject line and the description, then get it all in one thread- if anyone at all has good info that needs to be in the description then post it- i need to go grab those number facts equity posted in another thread- it all is important- we are selling something here folks- so lets sell our butts off.

•••
Ok a question, how will the listings really be different?

If I look at ending soon listings, then there are always a ton on there. Let's say we all list at the same time. Now we see a page or two of .tv's ending soon, but because we are listing decent sites, they will all have BIN, or minimum bids of at least $50 (I guess, no idea what everyone's minimum is).

So now we just have a long list of names on ebay that the usual person searching there is going to ignore because the price is higher then .99 to start the bidding. I have sold sites on there, some just to get rid of, others to see what would happen with a decent name. But if you put a decent price, say $25 to start, then I get FAR less views on the auction then those starting at .99.

So is this more just to have a whole page of ending soon with a TV logo as the picture? More for advertising then anything else?

•••
TheBulldog said:
Ok a question, how will the listings really be different?

If I look at ending soon listings, then there are always a ton on there. Let's say we all list at the same time. Now we see a page or two of .tv's ending soon, but because we are listing decent sites, they will all have BIN, or minimum bids of at least $50 (I guess, no idea what everyone's minimum is).

So now we just have a long list of names on ebay that the usual person searching there is going to ignore because the price is higher then .99 to start the bidding. I have sold sites on there, some just to get rid of, others to see what would happen with a decent name. But if you put a decent price, say $25 to start, then I get FAR less views on the auction then those starting at .99.

So is this more just to have a whole page of ending soon with a TV logo as the picture? More for advertising then anything else?

yyour last paragraph is definately how i am seeeing it.......we love it ewhen we see a .tv ad on tv....it gives us a good feeling.....why? well first off, its good to see a company that can afford tv advertising choose the .tv, but more importantly, at least for me, its good to know that now thousands of people will also see the ad and genorate brand exposure..........

so if thousands of people see our AD on ebay, it will hopefully have a similar effect, after all, that is where tv is migrating to, the whole reason we are invested!!

•••
i think people know going into this, that if they are advertising a certain name, even at a high start price, what they are getting into-
besides, oftern times it is a great generic that even with a higher price tag- those are often the names you see posted on a fourm- those, hey did you see this name on ebay? posts-

and, i do not believe at all that domainers ignore searches over .99-

its not just for the ending soon-

let me try this again- ita about a mass of tv listings- that move together as a mass- from beginning to end. each domain name will be listed in the title- so anyone even remotely interested in say democrat.tv WILL look- and from there will read about .tv, and will see instructions on how to view the other listings- in case they found it in an individual search.

its testing the waters per say- and its a cheap way to do it and to me, worth my 20 bucks or so if i can get people to read why .tv is a valuable name

•••
I'm in, and can place 10-12 non premium names, like Debates.tv, Instructor.tv, FilmNoir.tv, Swords.tv, etc....

•••
here are the insertion fee prices:

$0.01 - $0.99 > $0.20

$1.00 - $9.99 > $0.40

$10.00 - $24.99 > $0.60

$25.00 - $49.99 > $1.20

$50.00 - $199.99 > $2.40

$200.00 - $499.99 > $3.60

$500.00 or more > $4.80

this will give you an idea of what you pay for each domain based on your start price- this way you can determine what names and how many-

i dont think we should even go at this unless we have at least 100 names- looks like the default on search is just about 50 listings per page, so that would fill two pages straight-

what i need to see before i go further is who is going to do it, and how many domains- rodash i got you for like 10 if you still want that many- can you all post how many you want in so we have a head count- i am good or 10 myself-

•••
•••
•••
10 Dottie - through your account if possible - unless it is too much of a pain for you....

•••
Actually, millers that might not be a bad idea.

One person controls them all and uses the Mass listing tool on ebay. That way they all go up at the same time and the chances for consecutive listings is a lot better.

Especially if they all had the same picture for a gallery picture.

•••
10 from me.

Could we get dnjournal to post something about it? Possibly list on the day their update occurs? Also, any other organizations that might be interested in this aspect? Maybe entrepreneur magazine will look at this cooperative marketing ploy as worth a mention in their magazine or online site? Perhaps Trafficology.com and sites like that might mention the .TV submissions?

What about a point of reference on a page somewhere, where people could go to see what got listed all at once, so a magazine, if they picked it up, could mention it? Or perhaps the date of a second wave to be listed, so that, say a magazine could conclude with something like, "...and if you missed out on the first wave of .tv domains at eBay, the group plans to list an additional hundred or two hundred domains on mm/dd/2008." Others might try to squeeze us out on that date, but hey, anything that gets the ball rolling in the right direction works for me....

Last edited:
•••
nope that is fine millers- i trust everyone here, and if there is a sale, it would only add tto my rating on ebay- but if it goes sour, it could mean bad feedback on me- so please just keep that in mind :)

i messed up my above post- i didnt mean rodash i meant rouge- so we have

dottie- 10
rouge - 10
bulldog - 5
millers - 10
len - 10

almost halfway there- i need to email hasrob too- we will see whoelse jumps on- i will talk to ron and see if he can pop sometthing in the lowdown area- once we have all the pieces togeher we can pick an upcoming date- i will be off till later tonight- i might check in-
happy new year my tv family!

•••
I can put up my NaughtyBits.tv (if that fits in with the desired vibe) :)

•••
thats fine filter :) who else?

•••
I can pitch up 10 names as well.

•••
Happy new years all! I'd like to help get the word out, 5 for me.

•••
•••
dottie- 10
rouge - 10
bulldog - 5
millers - 10
len - 10
filter - 1
searching - 10
disintergration - 5
freedom - 10

ok- doin good!

for those listed above, please let me know, here or pm-

> if you are listing it or you want me to bulk list it under my ebay account

> if you are going under my ebay account, which is fine, then you will need to start to get together your list-
* domain name
* start price (if you do a low start and a reserve, that is fine, but the reserve costs- just let me know)
* your description for each name (dont forget things like google results and overture if the numbers rock- really sell your name!)

any more takers? just need a few more- thanks!

i adjusted the .tv description a bit with the numbers equity posted- if anyone has anything to add let me know! do NOT forget- if you are listing a premium, please say so :)

Name for Sale Here
Expiration date
Registrar
Your name description and information
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look around the internet. More and more people are turning to their computer to watch tv. Video is becoming the venue of choice. Do a search on 2008 trends- read where the web is going.
.TV is the domain extension geared for this explosive expansion. Corporations, media and networks, sports, fitness, auto, food- you name it, they are utilizing .tv.
TV is one of the most recognized abbreviations in the world- a true global extension.
This is the one extension that coincides with the future direction of the internet.

Some .TV Facts:
+ .TV has had more sales this year than any year in its history.
+ .TV has had more registrations this year than the previous years combined that Verisign has owned the .tv corp.
+ .TV has had more spots in the DN JOURNAL TOP 100 cctld list (7) with 5 in the top 50 than it did last year (2) and 0 in the top 50.
+ Some .TV premium names recently sold (per NameJet)
Videogames.tv > sold $22,500
Healthcare.tv > sold $11,250
Dallas.tv > sold $10,000
England.tv > sold $10,000
Wine.tv > sold $5,000
Skydiving.tv > sold $1,500

Some of the many companies/websites using .tv:
Emmys.tv
Cuisine.tv
Fiction.tv
Jersey.tv
Boston.tv
Public.tv
Tnt.tv
Hollywood.tv
Fuse.tv
Stageside.tv (CocaCola)
Howard.tv
CarsonDaly.tv
Mercedes-benz.tv
and many, many more....

Another company utilizing .tv is Hewlett Packard- They are including their Next.tv in their consumer notebooks, and it will be available for download this year to the public.

Now is the time to get your .tv names!

•••
Will these be listed in the 'domain names - other' category, then?

•••
yepper- but i think what i am gonna do is also list a few of my tv.com names in the com area, modify the description a bit, and point them also to the .tv wave that was listed

•••
5 for me
i can list in my own ebay..as my paypal will not work to pay you

•••
•••
I would put all these .tv domains in the .com area are you kidding me :imho:

When are we doing this?

•••
Smash,

I will put mine in my account as well. I need time to write the descriptions of the names.

We need a marketing plan besides putting the names on ebay, something of a bang like was mentioned before like leaking our activity on some trade rag like dnj(thinking of the book I'm reading now with the decision Gardenburger made and how they profitted from it. Of course we are so much smaller but we could create a pop or two, believe me.). That would be nice.

When doth it commence. We have time to do it right, so let's not stop the ideas.

Smash, I did a rewrite of the .tv push letter for my entries, enclosed below.

Name for Sale Here
Expiration date
Registrar
Your name description and information
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look around the internet. Now look again. As you can see more and more people are turning to their computer to watch tv. Video is becoming the venue of choice. Do a search on 2008 trends - read where the web is going. Are you heading in the same profitable direction? You can be with the right name and extension.

.TV is the domain extension already geared for this explosive expansion. Corporations, media and networks, sports, fitness, auto, food- you name it, all are utilizing .tv.

TV is one of the most recognized abbreviations in the world - a true global extension in every sense of the word.
This is the one extension that coincides with the immediate future direction of the internet and all that it will entail.

Some .TV Facts:
+ .TV has had more sales this year than any year in its history.
+.TV has had more registrations this year than the previous years combined that Verisign has owned the .tv corp.
+ .TV has had more spots in the DN JOURNAL TOP 100 cctld list (7) with 5 in the top 50 than it did last year (2) and 0 in the top 50.
+ Some .TV premium names recently sold (per NameJet)
Videogames.tv > sold $22,500
Healthcare.tv > sold $11,250
Dallas.tv > sold $10,000
England.tv > sold $10,000
Wine.tv > sold $5,000
Skydiving.tv > sold $1,500

Some of the many companies/websites using .tv:
Emmys.tv
Cuisine.tv
Fiction.tv
Jersey.tv
Boston.tv
Public.tv
Tnt.tv
Tru.tv
Hollywood.tv
Fuse.tv
Stageside.tv (CocaCola)
Howard.tv
CarsonDaly.tv
Mercedes-Benz.tv

and many, many more....

Another company utilizing .tv is Hewlett Packard- They are including their Next.tv in their consumer notebooks, and it will be available for download this year to the public.

Now is the perfect time to get a .tv name while the opportunity is here.
.TV, an old name with a NEW meaning !
Why wait, get your name today!!​

.TV - Go ahead, turn it on.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back