Dynadot

.tv Ebay blast

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
i moved this to its own thread from the kuwaitnews thread-

if people are interested then we can set this all up- i suggested blasting ebay with a bunch of tv names.
now, the actual purpose would be more to spread the tv word, but if a sale happened, awesome :)

ebay gets a lot of traffic. you never know who your enduser might be. my thoughts are if on a certain day, a large amount of tv names went up for sale, it might have a greater impact than one or two.

it would need to be consistant tho. you dont see mcdonalds rolling out 50 different theme songs at one shot- it would not help to build the brand. the listings would have to be consistant- repetitious.

they would all need to use the gallery image, to make an impact- and we would need to do a write up for the description- and the same write up shows on every listing. after you put the details about your particular name, you pop in this description.

people read over and over and over about .tv and where it is going, and how it fits.

now- there may not be a single sale- and the point is to go into this not exactly expecting one- it is more of a marketing plug. but who knows, someone may make a sale.

ebay is cheap- and this is a real cheap way to reach a whole lotta people, and make a little noise about .tv. so for me to spend 15 bucks on a few listings, to me is not money wasted, if it is done right.

but, 15 listings wouldnt do it- people wouldnt even blink an eye. we need alot of listings for people to look and say, holy crap, what is this all about???? if you cant garner that kind of reaction, then it is a waste of money.
so, this may sound unrealistic, but i am thinking there should be no less han 100 listings hitting all on the same day- i know i would be at least ten of those

100 or more .tv listings, rolling out at once, in mass form. i do think that might get people looking, and reading, at .tv and all it is.

so anyways, thats my idea :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heh, I'm kind of surprised no one picked up Swords.tv for $199 at the last minute. It had 77 views, but no one snagged it. As for the others, I had some fairly high asking prices, so I'm not surprised that folks would take a bit to stew on.

•••
i purposely set sme of my prices high- i had no intention of selling at ebay cheapo prices- my goal was awareness on this- marketing- if i wanted to sell names on ebay i would have started the reserve at 1.00

i knew i wouldnt sell a name-

•••
I did have one guy interested in 2 of my domains. He was looking for a discount if he won the auctions. I told him that he would have to win them first.....He never made a bid so that was the end of that!!

•••
dont u think names related to the tv Extension will be the ones the man in the street will find more appealing .names with movie films drama.like classicmovies.tv
there was no interest in my names on ebay but i did lern a lot from it.

Last edited:
•••
smashfactory said:
i purposely set sme of my prices high- i had no intention of selling at ebay cheapo prices- my goal was awareness on this- marketing- if i wanted to sell names on ebay i would have started the reserve at 1.00

i knew i wouldnt sell a name-

As did I. I got a lot of interest on taiwanroc.tv(not on ebay views, but the site itself) because I started an email campaign to the taiwan media and other concerns. I did the same for wino.tv(wineries, distributors, etc.) and toychest.tv(toystores, etc.). Noticable jump in viewing website.

Marketing was the key, Smash, am glad we pushed this through.

Did get one question from a potential buyer. Time will tell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back