Domain Empire

.tv Ebay blast

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
i moved this to its own thread from the kuwaitnews thread-

if people are interested then we can set this all up- i suggested blasting ebay with a bunch of tv names.
now, the actual purpose would be more to spread the tv word, but if a sale happened, awesome :)

ebay gets a lot of traffic. you never know who your enduser might be. my thoughts are if on a certain day, a large amount of tv names went up for sale, it might have a greater impact than one or two.

it would need to be consistant tho. you dont see mcdonalds rolling out 50 different theme songs at one shot- it would not help to build the brand. the listings would have to be consistant- repetitious.

they would all need to use the gallery image, to make an impact- and we would need to do a write up for the description- and the same write up shows on every listing. after you put the details about your particular name, you pop in this description.

people read over and over and over about .tv and where it is going, and how it fits.

now- there may not be a single sale- and the point is to go into this not exactly expecting one- it is more of a marketing plug. but who knows, someone may make a sale.

ebay is cheap- and this is a real cheap way to reach a whole lotta people, and make a little noise about .tv. so for me to spend 15 bucks on a few listings, to me is not money wasted, if it is done right.

but, 15 listings wouldnt do it- people wouldnt even blink an eye. we need alot of listings for people to look and say, holy crap, what is this all about???? if you cant garner that kind of reaction, then it is a waste of money.
so, this may sound unrealistic, but i am thinking there should be no less han 100 listings hitting all on the same day- i know i would be at least ten of those

100 or more .tv listings, rolling out at once, in mass form. i do think that might get people looking, and reading, at .tv and all it is.

so anyways, thats my idea :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
super len! and while you are injured too! i have yet to get anything from anybody-

•••
smashfactory said:
super len! and while you are injured too! i have yet to get anything from anybody-

Sorry Smash,

I've been dealing with the death of a dear friend and co-worker. I've got 4 down with 6 to go and will be ready on time. They are set to go on January 19 at 1900 hrs PST(That's 9pm in the Windy City.)

Thus far:

they all have this on line - mass .tv rollout - best domain names

wino.tv
toydolls.tv
toychest.tv
brewyourown.tv

Will be done before the bell tolls.

Three more on tap, three to go...

taiwanroc.tv
mainlandchina.tv
vacationer.tv

•••
where it's at ?

how do I find the herd of .tv listings on eBay ?

hey fellas ... wait for meeeee !

(j/k!) I'm looking for other listings to get some idea of the template etc ... Still have to put my naughtybits.tv out there :)

so far searching "rollout" etc hasn't yielded any results for .tv listings.

what's the magic word? (please) :)

•••
thats because it is supposed to happen the 19th :) where is everybody at one this? are we a go??

•••
ohhhhh ..... you mean, like, start on the 19th ?

okie dokie ... I thought it was gonna end on the 19th, LOL!

heh. Thanks.

is there perhaps an example/recommended template etc. for the listing available ...?

•••
filter said:
ohhhhh ..... you mean, like, start on the 19th ?

okie dokie ... I thought it was gonna end on the 19th, LOL!

heh. Thanks.

is there perhaps an example/recommended template etc. for the listing available ...?

I used freedom30's write-up at #50 in this thread as my main template and just added the domain and a couple of lines about it just above. As for the listing I did not use any fancy surround....Just left it clear...look's much sharper IMO.

•••
20 cents if you list today. Anyone want to go a couple days early?

•••
blast

sorry hasrob- i think it would have been too fast-

TOMORROW is the 19th- many people said they were in- are ya'll ready? names need to be posted by 9pm tomorrow night eastern time- you can list them now and schedule them for then-

your subject line should read:

Mass .TV Rollout - Best Domain Names!

your description should read:

Name for Sale Here
Expiration date
Registrar
Your name description and information
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look around the internet. Now look again. As you can see more and more people are turning to their computer to watch tv. Video is becoming the venue of choice. Do a search on 2008 trends - read where the web is going. Are you heading in the same profitable direction? You can be with the right name and extension.

.TV is the domain extension already geared for this explosive expansion. Corporations, media and networks, sports, fitness, auto, food- you name it, all are utilizing .tv.

TV is one of the most recognized abbreviations in the world - a true global extension in every sense of the word.
This is the one extension that coincides with the immediate future direction of the internet and all that it will entail.

Some .TV Facts:
+ .TV has had more sales this year than any year in its history.
+.TV has had more registrations this year than the previous years combined that Verisign has owned the .tv corp.
+ .TV has had more spots in the DN JOURNAL TOP 100 cctld list (7) with 5 in the top 50 than it did last year (2) and 0 in the top 50.

Some .TV premium names recently sold (per NameJet)
Videogames.tv > sold $22,500
Healthcare.tv > sold $11,250
Dallas.tv > sold $10,000
England.tv > sold $10,000
Wine.tv > sold $5,000
Skydiving.tv > sold $1,500

Some of the many companies/websites using .tv:
Emmys.tv
Cuisine.tv
Fiction.tv
Jersey.tv
Boston.tv
Public.tv
Tnt.tv
Tru.tv
Hollywood.tv
Fuse.tv
Stageside.tv (CocaCola)
Howard.tv
CarsonDaly.tv
Mercedes-Benz.tv

and many, many more....

Another company utilizing .tv is Hewlett Packard- They are including their Next.tv in their consumer notebooks, and it will be available for download this year to the public.

Now is the perfect time to get a .tv name while the opportunity is here.
.TV, an old name with a NEW meaning !
Why wait, get your name today!!

.TV - Go ahead, turn it on.

•••
Dottie, Have you had any confirmation from those who said they were in on this?

•••
Holy crap, was I supposed to send you information Dottie?

•••
if you want me to list it, yes :) if you want to list it just follow the guidlines and schedule it for tomorrow night- 9pm eastern-

len, a few via pm- i guess we will see if all pulls thru

•••
Thanks, I hope it turns out to be the "Mass Rollout" that we anticipated!

•••
My last three, but I messed one up(was too hasty) :( and it shot ahead of time, that being...
toysoldiers.tv

I put it as a sneak preview since I couldn't put it back on hold(or if I could have don't know how, sorry.)

The other two I was more careful with and they are

accidente.tv and vigilance.tv

set for 9pm est.

Let's roll!!! and above all have fun with our efforts.

•••
freedom, what category did you list in- did you sneak them into .com?

•••
FYI dottie all mine are scheduled for .com section. If this is not going to be the case pls let me know so I can change them.

•••
i stuck all the ones i listed in com too- i guess we will see if it sticks! :)

•••
I'm going to try to get a few scheduled too. What are you using for a gallery picture?

•••
•••
•••
hm..
is it to late to jump in your list smash?

•••
the more the merrier- follow the instructions in post 83 - schedule it to run tonight, 1/19. and 9pm eastern- (6pm pst- ebay time)
they should all roll out at the same time- cool!

•••
Hello Smash

A few names below that might grab some attention

The-Bible.TV
Outer-Space.TV
Human-Rights.Tv

Also a selection of UK County Names below (UK Counties are like US States)

Berkshire.TV
Bedfordshire.TV
Cumbria.TV
Clwyd.TV
Derbyshire.TV
Dyfed.TV
Gwent.TV
Lincolnshire.TV
Leicestershire.TV
Northumberland.TV
Oxfordshire.TV
Rutland.TV
Surrey.TV
Wiltshire.TV
Worcestershire.TV

Can any of these go on your list please as I'd rather they went on your list if possible

Last edited:
•••
cant i send u the domains and u list them for me,
i can pay u the fees

•••
smashfactory said:
freedom, what category did you list in- did you sneak them into .com?

I have them where toysoldiers.tv are

Computers & Networking > Other Hardware & Services > Domain Names > Other

Did you want me to place them in .com. We still have time so let me know soon.

•••
Concensus is we are going to gatecrash the .com section! Lol.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back