Dynadot

.tv Ebay blast

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i moved this to its own thread from the kuwaitnews thread-

if people are interested then we can set this all up- i suggested blasting ebay with a bunch of tv names.
now, the actual purpose would be more to spread the tv word, but if a sale happened, awesome :)

ebay gets a lot of traffic. you never know who your enduser might be. my thoughts are if on a certain day, a large amount of tv names went up for sale, it might have a greater impact than one or two.

it would need to be consistant tho. you dont see mcdonalds rolling out 50 different theme songs at one shot- it would not help to build the brand. the listings would have to be consistant- repetitious.

they would all need to use the gallery image, to make an impact- and we would need to do a write up for the description- and the same write up shows on every listing. after you put the details about your particular name, you pop in this description.

people read over and over and over about .tv and where it is going, and how it fits.

now- there may not be a single sale- and the point is to go into this not exactly expecting one- it is more of a marketing plug. but who knows, someone may make a sale.

ebay is cheap- and this is a real cheap way to reach a whole lotta people, and make a little noise about .tv. so for me to spend 15 bucks on a few listings, to me is not money wasted, if it is done right.

but, 15 listings wouldnt do it- people wouldnt even blink an eye. we need alot of listings for people to look and say, holy crap, what is this all about???? if you cant garner that kind of reaction, then it is a waste of money.
so, this may sound unrealistic, but i am thinking there should be no less han 100 listings hitting all on the same day- i know i would be at least ten of those

100 or more .tv listings, rolling out at once, in mass form. i do think that might get people looking, and reading, at .tv and all it is.

so anyways, thats my idea :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Len said:
Concensus is we are going to gatecrash the .com section! Lol.

AMEN!

guys, i am on and off today- its my sons bday today, and i still have his party tomorrow- i cant sit and list anymore under my account in the last hour here ;-( i could have days ago- sorry ;-(

•••
If I may make a suggestion to those who want to list at this late hour. Go to freedom30's tactical pre-release listing of Toysoldiers.tv and use this as a template. Don't forget to list in the .com section.

•••
•••
Tally Ho!!!

atypical said:
Nicely done, Freedom!

I appreciate your opinion, atypical. Thanks.

•••
•••
Yeah they are there now......I forgot to check the box!!Lol.
Everything is looking good....Good luck to everyone.

•••
there is a bid on HongKongTv.tv

•••
How Can I Navigate To My Names Dottie!!!

•••
Search for Mass .TV Rollout -

Can list all the ones I found but its easy enough to find.

Smash, did you list mine? Sent them to you a week back or so... Can't find them.

edit - just read about the b-day... hope you have a lot of fun, cheers!

Last edited:
•••
oh crap mwzd- my fault- i will get them up asap!
millers- do advanced search, and then you name and click search title and descriptions-
i am going in today to add the names to the titles- i totally forget- this weekend has had so much going on here and my head is spinning and i am making stupid mistakes- please forgive me every one ;-(

•••
smashfactory said:
oh crap mwzd- my fault- i will get them up asap!

No worries, I wouldn't let a few stupid listings spoil your fun for tomorrow. I'm sure your as overworked, under appreciated and hassled like the rest of us parents :).

We'll do it next time... I was supposed to be travelling this weekend out of town, but didn't so should have listed them myself. Que Sera Sera.

Cheers!

•••
i am soooooo sorry mwzd! i hate it when i let people down! these past couple of weeks have just been nuts- i hav a ton of people coming her at 2 pm for nicks party, i have a ton of stuff to prepare yet, i have been busting my arse on a new project to get it open, but one of the programmers takes like 5 days to answer a question, i have a huge pta event coming up for the school (i am the pta president), the list goes on-
it is just a very hectic few weeks and i cant wait for some of this stuff to be done already!
again, i apologize :'(

•••
Man o Manishevitz, Smash, worry not about this. You've done admirably and now you can enjoy you're son's birthday and set your sites on other events you have planned.

I am pretty certain that we ALL have appreciated your help in this project and I for one consider it a success. As mwzd says, there will be other times. We have to remember to keep this loose and fun so we can ride the wave stress-free!!

Thanks for everything, Smash and enjoy your day!!

•••
Tell you what, get some ME time.

Close the door, put on some soothing lounge music.

Close your eyes and practice some deep breathing... and relax.... :)

•••
Spaced it for a couple of days, I was late to the party, but am adding some domains and setting the auction for 5 days, so it will end roughly when yours are. The first few will actually end about 12 hours early, but I will try to load up some more to hit near the end, as well.

•••
Less than 24hrs to go on this if anyone is interested.

•••
I own a couple of E-bay stores.

Hi,
I'm new to the domain business/hobby etc.
But I do know e-bay.
I have a couple of E-bay stores.
If you wanted to slam the pages with at least 100 listings.
The easiest way would be to dominate a complete weekend.
and like one NP member said...don't go 10-day.
With the amount of domain sales on E-bay right now,
I suggest only 1-day listings.
Because even a 3-day listing will be lost on the 4th or 5th page.
Nobody usually goes beyond the 2nd or 3rd page.
Usually only the first, then on to another item.
E-bays headquarters are located in California,
So, the E-bay timezone is based off of California (Pacific time).
Lets just say most ppl are up around 8am and most ppl are asleep
around 11pm. (just a guess)
That is a total of 15 hrs. a day of quality END auction times.
So, lets say you want the auctions in full swing all of Fri, Sat. Sun.
That would be 15 times 3 = 45.
Thats almost perfect!
So, if you had a total of 90 domains with tv extensions you could literally have an auction ending every half hr. from ..lets say noon on Fri.
all the way to noon on Mon.
Start the listing Fri. noon (1 domain) next auction 12:30 (1 more) next auction 1:00 (1 more) etc. all the way to Sun. noon.(so the Sun. auctions will end on Mon)
This way MOST of the other.tv extensions will be on the same FIRST page of listings.
And if you have one that you feel is very hot and want seen...
GET THIS...you can list it up to 15 times.
At the same time.
It doesn't sound fair, but it CAN be done.
There would be no way anyone would be able to NOT see these .tv extensions.
I own about 4 or 5 .tv's, and you could count me in!

As a matter of fact, I was thinking of changing one of my E-bay stores with a Power-Seller rating to an all exclusive Domain store!
I am learning alot about domains on here, I find some mistakes I have made, but I know selling, ad's, marketing, cross promotions, and E-bay.
I think that you have a killer idea, and would be willing to help in any way!
Thx 4 your ambition,
Red Rock!

•••
where were you all this time red rock??????????????????????

•••
I'm sorry i just joined NP 2 days ago

I didnt see that your thread had 5 pages.
I read the 1st page and thought that was it, so I threw my 2 cents in.
Sorry, I am very much....a rookie. LOL
How do I delete my "late" comment. LOL
Red Rock

•••
no its ok- leave it there for future reference :) and welcome!

we mainly did this for advertising purposes- more of a marketing plan than a sales plan-
always spreading the .tv news :)

•••
Yeah leave it RedRock......Very informative on how to market on ebay. Like smash said where were you when we needed you!!Lol

•••
I suggest only 1-day listings?/
thats for buy now yes.....
nice post red rock whats names of your shops...

•••
Smash, hope all is well in E-bay World!!!

I had 3 E-bay stores.Now down to 2.
the first was an auto parts store.
I came across many deals on some used but mostly new auto parts.
I had a huge account with a Foreign exhaust company.
Problem is most foreign exhaust systems are all one piece.
LOL
Shipping was a Bitc!!
I had most everything freight delivered.
My shipping times got hammered, which in turn...
I got slammed on Feedback ratings.
That store had over 300+ Feedback rating,
but I lost my Power Seller status.
So the $$$ was great, but it wasn't worth the headaches.

I have 2 as of now,
One that is doing nothing is Hot-Assets.
It has a Feedback rating of over 100 I think about 125
and that has a perfect 100% Feedback rating.
I want to develop that one into an exclusive Domain Name Store.
I probably have about 30-40 Domain related Domain names,
but I dont know which one would be best for development.
Of course, I want to list all of my names under that .com
and open the E-bay store with the same name.

Then that leaves #3...
my crazy named store that I had absolutely no faith in.
This was my test site for anything and everything.
This was the store I didn't really care about.
This was the store that I did the absolute best with!!!
LOL
A Bunch Of Shiznit
This store has over 700+ Feedback and a Power Seller rating, also!
Every once in a while I find some Shiznit, cross promote,
email market, and sell my A$$ off!
I dont know how or why...
probably cuz I have the most fun with this one!

Well, Smash you have a killer idea!
I wish I didnt just join NamePros as of 2 days ago, and I could have helped you...further!
Just do me a favor, I'll start a thread, and it'll be all of my Domain names
related to a .com page and an E-bay store, give me your advice on what you would pick, alright???
Thx Alot,
and Good Luck to all!
Red Rock!

•••
Any sales go through from this?

•••
dont ask take ten years at least for dot tv to take hold i have always said this

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back