IT.COM

e.biz Final price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How high will e.biz go on the sedo auction my estimate is $23,000:lol::lol:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'd have been willing to go mid/high $x,xxx on one of these but not $15,000. But I think you'll be happy with you investment :)

Here's my thinking re buying M.biz for 15k:

I agree, of course, single-letter .biz has NO prospects for parking revenue...Nor, likely to have much prospect in terms of domainer reseller profit value (tho, who knows, eventually?) etc etc...ie the easier avenues for a ROI...

So, to leverage them, they HAVE to be branded. Not everyone's cup of tea......But, imo, some (eg e.biz) - but, not all - of these single letter domains offer huge opportunity.

For me, M.biz, was one that has good possibilities...:

* Its a gTLD

* 5 MILLION exact Google Keyword Search Tool results for "M", per month....So, people search for the term, in huge numbers

* Over 3 BILLION Google returns for "M"....So, possible end user sale.

* The term could represent any number of vast lucrative markets:

- Mobile
- Money
- Music
- Movies
- Marketing
- Management/Managers
- Marriage
- Motorsport

etc etc

Google doesn't care what the extension is, if you develop a domain......If one is considering a brandable, then M.biz is as good an opportunity as any, imo.

I guess, in the end, I reckoned it was worth paying 15k for this opportunity - rather than what, say, $15k might buy me in .com, or any other gTLD.

Here's an example of an outfit, for example, that brands itself as 'M.Net' (for 'Mobile) - and, is on the front page of Google, in Australia - tho, its url is 'mnetcorporation':

Home | m.Net Corporation.com

I know not everyone agrees this is a good investment....But, I'll see if I can make something of the opportunity it affords...:)

•••
This auction does nothing for .biz overall since it brought out a certain type of buyer. These buyers are probably not that interested in other .biz domains.

The people who paid these insane prices are domain speculators. There also appears to be lower level developers with a belief that these will boost their chances of success, and they had the money laying around to buy them.

IMO most of these are a mirage. You see a single letter gTLD, and there is naturally a lot of wow factor in that. But these are essentially 4 character brands with a dot. As with any non .com (or popular ccTLD), you must brand the extension. It isn't just "L", it's "L.biz". What kind of a brand identity is that? IT SUCKS. It's just plain stupid unless k.biz is worth being a $x,xxx or $xx,xxx shortcut for users of Keyword.biz.

•••
I think it all depends on the marketing or development of these domains. "If" they are promoted and "if" they get developed properly, then I see a good turnaround for .Biz in the longterm.

If these domains get parked, or have a hashed minisite on them then nothing will change.

•••
These buyers are probably not that interested in other .biz domains.

In my case, correct.

DubDubDubDot said:
There also appears to be lower level developers with a belief that these will boost their chances of success, and they had the money laying around to buy them.

Correct.

.... +, in my case, good concept/ideas for M.biz + the resources to utilize higher-level developers/promotion talent to 'boost the chances of success' for it.

DubDubDubDot said:
IMO most of these are a mirage.

Personally, of the names for auction, I rated only e.biz & m.biz as having that 'x' factor, and real potential (i.biz, the other name I'd have rated, wasn't on offer in this auction)

But, who knows....the owner of any of the others may one day rock the world with their new .biz name.

That's the beauty of this business. Anything is possible...:)

•••
•••
wot....you are irrepressible....:)

Btw...thanks for the kind words Carlton, J73, Izy, Archangel, and mobigod...:)

Last edited:
•••
DT- I just have this vision of your corporate office with a gigantic M stuck in the ground out front. Great domain!

•••
I would not pay $1,000 for .Biz

seriously, .com or ccTld of any Country, then . Mobi and sometimes . Org , .info and . Net

but . Biz is just an American thing. I wonder why they don't spend energies and money on marketing .US a bit better.

•••
I'm surprised that they went for that much but people do seem to pay alot for the novelty factor and the brandable factor, doubt it will do much to help the extension in general though.

..I wonder how they will do when it comes to ranking on the search engines ???

Google results for biz is 252,000,000 D-:

•••
So what makes this one letter more special then cctld one letters?!? Proper auction exposure?!?!

•••
DT- I just have this vision of your corporate office with a gigantic M stuck in the ground out front. Great domain!

LOL....Well, there are a few big corporate M's around that began very small, RW....Many built in the past 10 - 15 years, too...

...Room for one more....?....We can dream....And, why not, eh?....:) :)

•••
LOL....Well, there are a few big corporate M's around that began very small, RW....Many built in the past 10 - 15 years, too...

...Room for one more....?....We can dream....And, why not, eh?....:) :)

Do you have auction links for the rest of the one letters. obviously I am interested in the final prices since I invested in the field :)

Cheers,
Sam

•••
Do you have auction links for the rest of the one letters.

Here you go - the final auction price list:

(edit: updated)

E biz $66,001
1 biz $32,003
D biz $26,110
M biz $15,611
W biz $13,500
U biz $10,099
A biz $10,099
X biz $10,099
B biz $10,005
G biz $9,400
Y biz $8,988
Z biz $8,988
C biz $8,988
R biz $8,855
F biz $8,250
J biz $8,250
S biz $8,211
8 biz $8,200
H biz $8,177
6 biz $8,100
N biz $8,001
L biz $7,999
9 biz $7,901
P biz $7,878
7 biz $7,877
T biz $7,602
5 biz $7,601
4 biz $7,601
K biz $6,900
V biz $6,100
2 biz $5,801

Last edited:
•••
Suprising letters going high. W.biz? $13k? D.biz? e.biz - $63,000?!?!?! holy smokes.

•••
Yeah, I can see this as a 60 maybe 70 foot limestone slab in the front yard, lol:

Attachments

• mbiz.JPG
    mbiz.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 47
•••
So what makes this one letter more special then cctld one letters?!? Proper auction exposure?!?!

Got it in one.

I have 52 single letter names and I believe I have a $100,000 portfolio of single letter names.
Exposure is what we need Sam - and these sales of single letter .biz names can only help us in that quest :tu:

Last edited:
•••
This auction does nothing for .biz overall since it brought out a certain type of buyer. These buyers are probably not that interested in other .biz domains.

The people who paid these insane prices are domain speculators. There also appears to be lower level developers with a belief that these will boost their chances of success, and they had the money laying around to buy them.

IMO most of these are a mirage. You see a single letter gTLD, and there is naturally a lot of wow factor in that. But these are essentially 4 character brands with a dot. As with any non .com (or popular ccTLD), you must brand the extension. It isn't just "L", it's "L.biz". What kind of a brand identity is that? IT SUCKS. It's just plain stupid unless k.biz is worth being a $x,xxx or $xx,xxx shortcut for users of Keyword.biz.

No one ever went broke selling things to stupid people.

•••
Well since some people say there are no good .biz developed I just found this one ATTA Adventure Travel Trade Association people use it a company use to use pimp.biz for an adult affilaite company and so on. there are tons of great websites based on .biz

•••
The developed sites I know of are trade associations like the one mentioned in the last post. Here are 2 more - Games Industry and CasualGaming.biz. (The owner of the latter runs a couple of other biz sites including Licensing.biz)

I wouldn't say there are TONS of .biz sites, but there are definitely some quality sites out there that use the extension in the way (I think) it was intended.

Last edited:
•••
G.biz was already for sale yesterday for 12K Looking for a quick flip!

•••
•••
•••
Exactly what's NOT going to do the extension any good. IMO. :rolleyes:

•••
Its listed on premiumdomains.com just now for 20k

Say it on Rick Latona's newsletter for $15K today. Some pretty inconsistent prices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back