Domain Empire

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, I'm sorry you're having issues with a transfer! Please DM me your username and the domain in question and I'd be more than happy to look into this for you!
I don't believe Dynadot is that generous to restore my domain from redemption. Will DM you anyway. Dynadot is in breach of ICANN transfer policy. :xf.smile:

•••
Same thing happened to me.

The transfer code THANKSB23 doesn't work for me, even though you just sent out an email saying it was extended until the end of the year.

•••
•••
•••
Your free email forward secure or not?

•••
@calebdynadot
@Dynadot
@Dynadot-Market

Hello Sirs
I sent you a private message about my situation. I hope you will help me and solve it for me :(

I have registered and managed many domain names on dynadot and really love your service. But on a normal day, I realized I couldn't renew, buy domains, or do anything else on my account. I contacted the support staff and they said my account was restricted and asked me to transfer all the domains.
That's so unfair to me and I'm shocked by it. I continuously asked them many times what I had violated, but they were always silent and did not inform me of anything. They just said that I have to transfer the domain name, but my account is permanently suspended ????
So I was forced to transfer the domains to Godaddy

But now I want to transfer many of my important domain names back to dynadot to manage. But when I contacted the support staff, they said my account was still restricted, and I couldn't buy, sell or renew new domain names on it.
Once again I tried to ask them, what did I violate, payment fraud or discount code fraud....But they continued not to answer.

So I want to get your help. If you can't restore this account, could you at least tell me what the reason is? I'm really disappointed by that. Because I asked so many times, but you all didn't answer.

Update

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Dynadot Support Team.

Your account has been suspended as it did not pass our verification checks.

We will not be removing the restrictions on your account at this time.

All the best,
Billy Jones
Dynadot Support Team

Dynadot, Inc
Here is their response letter
I don't understand why people give them so many votes?
Godaddy they are hundreds of times friendlier and at godaddy I see a lot of effort to help from them, not these robots.

Last edited:
•••
@calebdynadot
@Dynadot
@Dynadot-Market

Hello Sirs
I sent you a private message about my situation. I hope you will help me and solve it for me :(

I have registered and managed many domain names on dynadot and really love your service. But on a normal day, I realized I couldn't renew, buy domains, or do anything else on my account. I contacted the support staff and they said my account was restricted and asked me to transfer all the domains.
That's so unfair to me and I'm shocked by it. I continuously asked them many times what I had violated, but they were always silent and did not inform me of anything. They just said that I have to transfer the domain name, but my account is permanently suspended ????
So I was forced to transfer the domains to Godaddy

But now I want to transfer many of my important domain names back to dynadot to manage. But when I contacted the support staff, they said my account was still restricted, and I couldn't buy, sell or renew new domain names on it.
Once again I tried to ask them, what did I violate, payment fraud or discount code fraud....But they continued not to answer.

So I want to get your help. If you can't restore this account, could you at least tell me what the reason is? I'm really disappointed by that. Because I asked so many times, but you all didn't answer.

Update

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Dynadot Support Team.

Your account has been suspended as it did not pass our verification checks.

We will not be removing the restrictions on your account at this time.

All the best,
Billy Jones
Dynadot Support Team

Dynadot, Inc
Here is their response letter
I don't understand why people give them so many votes?
Godaddy they are hundreds of times friendlier and at godaddy I see a lot of effort to help from them, not these robots.
Hello, I have responded to your DM!

Last edited:
•••
Your free email forward secure or not?
Our email forwarding should have no issues with security! Are you running into any problems with it?

•••
So when is dynadot gonna add the functionality to add txt and cname records?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Ahh ok, didn't know that was there. But do we need to point the DNS to dynadot in order for that to work?
No worries! And yes, using DNS records on our side requires you using our Name Servers.

•••
No worries! And yes, using DNS records on our side requires you using our Name Servers.
Yeah, that's the actual issue. I need to add a txt record while pointing the dns to a web hosting server. Thanks

•••
Yeah, that's the actual issue. I need to add a txt record while pointing the dns to a web hosting server. Thanks
Gotcha, if your webhost requires using their Name Servers, you would just need to put the Name Servers on your domain at Dynadot, then add any DNS records over on your hosts side! They should have a similar DNS setup.

•••
Hi, dyna deleted or canceled auction or bidder not paid? . No link to auction

Domain showing
There is 1 error
  • This domain is in auction
Screenshot_20231216_180057_Samsung Internet.jpg

•••
Hi, dyna deleted or canceled auction or bidder not paid? . No link to auction

Domain showing
There is 1 error
  • This domain is in auction
Hello, I have responded!

•••

Last edited:
•••
Do we have any transfer deals coming up

•••
•••

IS DYNADOT UNDER ATTACK?!

I'm having issues to access Dynadot services (especially auctions) for two days.

If there's anything related with hacking please let your customers know immediately.

•••

IS DYNADOT UNDER ATTACK?!

I'm having issues to access Dynadot services (especially auctions) for two days.

If there's anything related with hacking please let your customers know immediately.
Hello, we had a DDoS attack on our Servers last evening which affected access to Dynadot's website. We still had some precautions on this morning limiting access in some regions, but you should be able to access everything on our site now! I can confirm all user information is secure.

I apologize for any inconvenience this caused over the past day!

•••
@Dynadot FYI the scrolling (auction promo) banners and pop-ups on the Dynadot site are slowing down the page load times and causing browser to be slower. Sure, it's nice for you to promote auctions that may be interesting, but not at the expense of user experience. Is there any way logged in users can 'opt-out' of banners/popups, etc so we have a simple clean fast interface to buy/sell/manage domains? Scrolling auctions may be a good idea for newbs, but I'm guessing experienced domainers will find the promos annoying. Just my 2 cents.

•••
@Dynadot FYI the scrolling (auction promo) banners and pop-ups on the Dynadot site are slowing down the page load times and causing browser to be slower. Sure, it's nice for you to promote auctions that may be interesting, but not at the expense of user experience. Is there any way logged in users can 'opt-out' of banners/popups, etc so we have a simple clean fast interface to buy/sell/manage domains? Scrolling auctions may be a good idea for newbs, but I'm guessing experienced domainers will find the promos annoying. Just my 2 cents.
Hello! Are you referring to the banners on the main page or the banner in the manage domains section (or both)? As you can disable the auction banners in the Account Area just in the Settings of the Account Summary here!

Attachments

• Screenshot (72).png
    Screenshot (72).png
    107.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
•••
FYI, just got this email:

On February 1st, 2024 5:00 AM UTC, the centeral (you spelled central wrong) registry will be increasing the price of .NET domains. Because of this, our prices will be updated as well. Please take a look at our new prices below:

.NET
Regular: $12.99
Bulk: $12.75
Super Bulk: $12.50
You can still register, renew, or transfer your domains to Dynadot with our current prices. The new prices will go into effect on February 1st, 2024 5:00 AM UTC.

All the best,
Dynadot

•••
Hello! Are you referring to the banners on the main page or the banner in the manage domains section (or both)? As you can disable the auction banners in the Account Area just in the Settings of the Account Summary here!
For those following along, it's under here:

1704326318989.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back