IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Waited 12 hours today for manually approved transfers to be released. I agree the entire site and functions have been running slow for months now. Fix it.

•••
@Dynadot

Regarding my inquiry / suggestion (here at nP / post # 256) I noticed that you have already implemented the feature to (optionally) create (nameable / editable) NS - templates to (optionally) choose from.

upload_2021-4-3_2-20-54.png
CLICK FOR FULL VIEW

Really exactly how I (and certainly others as well) imagined it, well done, top.

Last edited:
•••
now the domain is taken with another registrar will wait a refund.

I never wait for one registrar to register my domain if it's something I *really* want.

I know it's not good practice but, as long as registrars are not working 100% correctly, this is our only solution to avoid losing domains.

•••
I prefer using the forum name.
No need to change the current process.

To me, it's super easy and secure, maintains privacy.

Suggest, you bookmark following url

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/find-forum-name

"
  1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Hover over your name in the top right corner.
  3. In the account drop down menu, your forum name is listed above your email address."

•••
Website down for a long time today. Not good.

•••
Website down for a long time today. Not good.
Agreed. Its been at least an hour right now. Same yesterday. Why is Dynadot the only registrar that literally needs to stop functioning for periods of time every single day?

•••
I am in the US and I did not receive an email. Hope this isn’t caused by some site attack.

Do you all have two factor on? The site has been unresponsive for hours now.

Last edited:
•••
Most likely trying to figure out what happened, and protect accounts from movement, not exactly a bad move, but need to communicate better.

Yeah, protection should be the first priority which I'm sure they're doing it. I hope they'll inform their clients regarding this downtime which has been happening quite frequently. This one was for many hours as the site is back up now!

•••
You returned 2 sold domains to my account due to problems with the payment by the buyer, but the problem is that the buyer has already managed to change the DNS and use the domains. How do I know, if the buyer used the domains for terrorism, money laundering or spam? Why do you allow buyers to change DNS and use domains before payment is confirmed?>:(

•••
•••
@Dynadot wondering if you guys have given any more thought about making it easier to push/transfer domains to other Dynadot users? Having to tell noobies how to find their forum username is really not ideal. You said you don't use simple method (for security purposes) where we could just transfer using Dyna email account addresses. What about using auth codes internally, similar way auth codes are used to transfer out, but the auth code would work for pushing domains to another user within Dynadot? Anything to make it easier to buyers of domains not to jump through hoops to get the domain.

•••
I just realised that we have our "forum name" attached to all domains we list for sale at Dynadot – the landing pages may not show it but the marketplace does. Its a huge privacy risk since people can scrape the marketplace to get your portfolio and if for example one of your names previously had no data protection these people will get to know your personal data. I would like to opt out of it and have all my listings completely anonymous, without my "forum name".

•••
While we are still looking to add Payoneer as a Payout option as we've had a good amount of requests for it, we're also currently looking to adding Bank Wire for Payouts this year! However, there will most likely be a minimum amount for Payout Orders using Bank Wire.
Has there been, or will there shortly be a change for new customers waiting six months before they can have any payouts?
This seems unusually long, and unclear why it's even necessary. As long as the accounts are verified, wouldn't having sooner payouts make sense?

•••
And the reality is that a fraudster would have no qualms about opening accounts and waiting six months before perpetrating their dirty deeds. The cash withdrawal timeline constraint seems quirky, and perhaps not the most effective strategy?

That's applicable only for the fraudster.

TO REGISTRAR WHOMSOEVER IT MAYBE:

If you can identify who the fraud is, why let them BUY / SELL a domain? Blocking them from buying/selling is the right thing to do.
Why permit selling and lock the funds?

Being blind until the money reaches your account, then all of a sudden waking up to block the money isn't how the fraud should be mitigated. The moment a transaction turns out to be fraud, you need to void it and reverse the transaction. If you don't reverse the transaction, you're simply abetting a fraud and take part in it by keeping the sales proceeds.

A genuine seller's money/asset shouldn't be locked from being used. If you VOID the transaction, they can sell their name in other marketplaces/forums and it's their life/asset/money. You can't sanction people, just because they opened account with you. And better advice them to close account with you so that they can move their domains out and find peace with other registrars.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is just the soft-launch for this feature, and we're currently working on how we can get old listings automatically removed as we know thats a very common problem.

Yes, Once the domain leaves your Dynadot account the listing should automatically be removed!

This would be huge. Same for sedo listings. If you can set this up you'll gain a ton of new domains I guarantee it. Keeping track of marketplaces, verifying, removing duplicates, it's a huge pain in the a

•••
Folders are back now. I wonder who stole them :xf.grin:

•••
Re USD, you are probably referring to the check option.

Show attachment 240955

Do you send checks to Europe?

If your customer lives in Europe and has its account credit in USD, do you send checks to Europe?

Thanks
We can send Check's internationally, however I will warn we have seen delays when sending international mail out.

Alternatively, you can accept a Payout in USD (or most other currencies) internationally with PayPal.

•••
Any current transfer coupon codes?

•••
Hi Everyone,

We’re continuing our monthly product feature to showcase some of the products and tools we offer! We’re hoping that this will help familiarize new users with our platform, and brush up knowledge with our established users as well!

This month’s product feature is our Watchlist!

Our Watchlist Tool is an excellent way to stay on top of domains you’re on the hunt for, so you’ll know exactly where the domain is and when it will be available!Once a domain is added to the watchlist, our system will notify you if it will be available for registration, if it gets registered, if it is dropping in our backorders, or even if its going into our expired auctions! This way, you don’t have to manually check for every domain you’re looking for, as our system will remind you when and where to grab it.You can add domains to the watchlist from either the domain search, backorders, expired auctions, or marketplace by just selecting the star to the left of the domain!(Photo of star)To manage and view the domains you have on your watchlist, please follow the steps below:
  1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select “Domain Monitoring” from the left side menu, and then select “Watchlist” from the drop down.
You can even add domains to the list directly from the watchlist menu as well!
  1. Click the "Add Domains" button.
  2. Enter the domain name(s) you want to add in the "Watchlist" box.
  3. Press the "Add to Watchlist" button to save your changes.
You can also specify a Watchlist-Specific email and phone number by going to "My Info" - "Notifications" in the Account section. Our system will send a message to that email/number when your watchlisted domain has an auction or backorder that's nearing it's end.

For Backorders, the watchlist will send you a notification 5 days in advance of when the domain will be dropping, so you have enough time to place your Backorder!

I hope this Product feature was helpful! If you have questions regarding this, please comment on this thread, or send me a DM, or reach out to our support team and we’d be more than happy to assist you!

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    211.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    389.4 KB · Views: 38
•••

Last edited:
•••
This months .COM Registration Sale is now live!

Code: SPOOKYCOM

INCLUDES re-registrations, so feel free to grab as many freshly dropped domains as you'd like! Sale ends 10/31/2023 23:59 UTC.

•••
Please allow to close and/or completely disable large blue auctions banner/feed, especially inside the account management area. If I want to participate or bid - I will. Regardless. Earlier today logged in to manage my domains, expected to see domain management area, pure, clean and professional - which Dynadot is known for. In particular, I do not want or need or expect to see any banners inside - be it G banner ads, Y ads, auction feeds, whatever... Thank you.

•••
@Dynadot FYI the scrolling (auction promo) banners and pop-ups on the Dynadot site are slowing down the page load times and causing browser to be slower. Sure, it's nice for you to promote auctions that may be interesting, but not at the expense of user experience. Is there any way logged in users can 'opt-out' of banners/popups, etc so we have a simple clean fast interface to buy/sell/manage domains? Scrolling auctions may be a good idea for newbs, but I'm guessing experienced domainers will find the promos annoying. Just my 2 cents.

•••
That would be awesome...thanks.

Also been meaning to ask if there is (or will be soon) the ability to track data...how many visits, from where, etc? If your system doesn't have the capabilities, is it possible to add an old school counter via our 'description' section?
You actually can see stats on your domains! On the 'Manage Domains' section, go to the right corner and select the 'Column' button to add these columns to your control panel.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back