IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where can I see the complete account activity, such as the login history with IP addresses, the activity history such as nameserver changes, transfer-out requests, successful transfer-outs, domain name status change etc.?

Once you're logged in, https://www.dynadot.com/account - you'll see Hello, YOUR NAME and below that is the link Recent Logins. Click that to see the details.

•••
So this differs just a bit from the original way for now, in that once you first link your Dynadot account to your Afternic one, you actually don't have to go on Afternic at all after that to list all your domains! It can all be done from our side.

This is just the soft-launch for this feature, and we're currently working on how we can get old listings automatically removed as we know thats a very common problem.

Yes, Once the domain leaves your Dynadot account the listing should automatically be removed!

This is a brand new feature we're testing out, so any feedback on how we can improve it is greatly appreciated!
This is a great feature. It would indeed be fantastic if it could verify ownership and remove old listings since this is the biggest problem at Afternic I think.

•••
Dynadot now supports Crypto!

I've heard you loud and clear, and I'm happy to announce that we now offer cryptocurrency payments through BitPay! Supporting over 100 different crypto wallets and a variety of coins, BitPay ensures secure payment processing on crypto transactions.

Cryptocurrency payments using BitPay are only available in USD. Full Details are Here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/b...ypto March 2024&utm_medium=crypto&drefid=4439

•••
Hello everyone. My name is Hallie Cao. I'm on the Dynadot aftermarket team, so if you have any feedbacks or comments especially about our marketplace, please send them my way! :) I promise to look into every feedback as they play a vital role in letting us know what works and what doesn't. Thank you all for the comments and feedbacks thus far. I look forward to being an active participant here on Namepros.

To address the questions regarding directv.co - no, we do not actively promote trademark domains. Our hot auctions list is automated in our system and looks like this one slipped through. Thank you for letting us know. We have removed it from the featured list.

•••
I cant believe dyna doesnt count the money u get as credit for a sale and spend it on their site...toward yer bulk spendings status... they are literally saying we cant count it cause its buyers money... how is it buyers money if I sold domain.. got paid and spent it..that makes it my money

plz @Dynadot correct this insulting ridiculous bug .. yesterday plz... before yer clients start laughing...or stop selling

Last edited:
•••
Interesting - it looks like Dynadot will soon offer payment plans. At least it shows in the account menu, but if you try to list a name for sale at the marketplace, installments are still not an option.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Update: It has been implemented now. It is possible to offer installment plans of up to 12 months. Great news!

•••
You apparently have a high concern for fraud and abuse with new customers. Would it make sense to do the KYC for those individuals, rather than restricting their ability to withdrawal from the funds from sales of their domains?

This is the right thing to do.

@Dynadot

If there is concern of fraud, DO NOT LET THEM SELL. If you're concerned of fraud, why let them sell, at first place?

When you let the users sell the name you earn commission, and you're eligible for commission ONLY AFTER YOU FULFILL THE OBLIGATION of handing over the REST of the sales proceeds to the seller. When you DON'T ALLOW THE SELLER TO GET ACCESS TO THEIR MONEY because of concerns of fraud, rightfully, you need to reverse the entire transaction - return the name back to seller and money to buyer. Instead just HOLDING the money is simply unethical. You don't deserve commission. Period.

Last edited:
•••
Now it is impossible to transfer out an expired domain, Dynadot wants me to "unlock the domain first" to get the code but when I try to unlock it says "This domain is expired. You must renew it before you can unlock it.". Really, Dynadot?

•••
Scheduled maintenance should not interrupt the service! We all know amazon .com for example - they have extremely complicated database and a bunch of transactions each and every minute, no doubts they perform backups and upgrades, but their website is always online! So, it is possible not to shut the service down in order to perform any type of maintenance...

In domains field, they only registrar I've dealt with who has/had similar issues (unavailable login area and/or delayed tasks) is... netsol (sorry about mentioning this name).

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot got a makeover tonight I think. Looks nice!
screencapture-dynadot-2020-11-12-21_55_17.png

Last edited:
•••
Selling domains to people who need Dynadot account for a free push/transfer. When it comes to transferring domains to another account at Dynadot, it's really not very intuitive and simple for new inexperienced users. the seller pretty much has to hold the hand of the buyer telling them how to find their "forum name". Epik and other domain registers really make it simple to transfer domains quickly. All that's needed is the new account's email or account ID # ... @Dynadot would you consider making the transfer process a little more simple for newbies to accept domain transfers?

Sending over your email address to an anonymous party is not privacy friendly, and it might cause security issues as well.
Forum name is a good choice, no need to change it.

•••
I received the same email.

I don't like this. Moreover, I need to transfer one domain I sold yesterday and now can't. Starting to worry about all my domains having with Dynadot.

•••
Have they been compromised, if so they should halt all transfer outs for 24 hours….

•••
Hey Everyone,

Just letting you know we're currently having a .COM Registration Sale for all regular priced .COM's.

It is a $8.99 .COM sale, on now until 2023/01/31 23:59 UTC! No coupon code is necessary.

Cheers,
Caleb

•••
Hi All,

We're currently having a week long .COM Registration Sale for all regular priced .COM's.

The sale is for $8.75 .COM, on now until 2023/02/07 23:59 UTC! No coupon code is necessary.

-Caleb

EDIT: We are officially extending the sale another week! It is now active until 2023/02/14 23:59 UTC.

Last edited:
•••
1675910453714.png
Dear Dynadot Team,

As a long term user request you to keep both methods (Dynadot Forum Name and the newly planned username) for domain push available.

Revealing Username leads to a much higher security risk, and in case someone purposely tries to login using that it will lead to account lockouts and having to reach out to support (ultimately expending time for both parties besides verification of documents etc.)

Since feedback has been quoted as the initiation of this major change, please take this feedback - continue to keep Dynadot Forum Name as a valid method for account changes, and additionally introduce the username method if someone wants to use. Having both methods should not be a major hassle and protects the interests of all parties.

This is just my opinion for one of the best registrars in the industry.

Thanks

@Dynadot @calebdynadot - please consider this feedback. There are many more things that can be improved, but don't destroy a running process unless there is something in the background that we are not aware of.

Last edited:
•••
While we have not discussed it recently, I have brought this up with our team to see if we can ease up on this/reduce the time frame! I appreciate the suggestion!

Also, an Active Account just refers to an account that has been created for 6 months in this case, it does not refer to any specifics such as spending/amount of domains/etc
You apparently have a high concern for fraud and abuse with new customers. Would it make sense to do the KYC for those individuals, rather than restricting their ability to withdrawal from the funds from sales of their domains?

•••
i blocked dynadot from Indonesia country . because if i withdraw have long time..
7 Days + 7 + 7 day.. its have 1 month from payout my sold domain..

sorry i blocked you from indonesia
Are you currently having an issue accessing our site from Indonesia? Or do you currently have a payout that you are having issues with? Please DM me with your order number so I may look into this further for you!

•••
If you were planning on doing any April Transfers, then I have good news for you, as we're officially extending our .COM Transfer Sale until the end of April.

Same Code: COMSWITCH. Same great price: $8.95

Last edited:
•••
"Congratulations, you’re the new auction winner! The previous high bidder for the expired domain auction failed to submit their payment in time. As such, an order has been created in your account."

Dynadot has a similar policy to NameCheap. They don't remove all fraudulent bids and ask the 2nd bidder to pay. Both registrars make it optional to make payment but it's still wrong. Without removing the bids from the auction, I am paying 10x the amount. Dynadot has been around long enough to know about snapnames and halvarez shill bidding scandal. nobody learns from history nowadays

Last edited:
•••
This is a great feature. It would indeed be fantastic if it could verify ownership and remove old listings since this is the biggest problem at Afternic I think.
Glad to hear you appreciate it! Yes once we finally have that down it will make listing at Afternic a much more seamless experience.

•••
•••
Is it possible to permanently hide the live chat animation located in the lower-right corner?

I've autism syndrome and these kind of moving/animated objects distracts me easily.
While there isn't currently a way for that, I can certainly check if we can put a setting on the account to switch the bubble on/off!

•••
@calebdynadot Thanks for the information posted earlier re the open marketplace initiative at Dynadot. I've only tried it yet with one domain name, but have a few questions that I think would be of interest to others, so posting here.

(1) I tried both the TXT and Nameserver verification methods, and it was very slow (many many hours) to verify either way. It did eventually verify. I had checked with a third party tool that the records/nameservers had updated quickly. Do you have suggestions on how to make verification faster, or have a suggestion regarding which of the three methods is likely to verify fastest? In most cases Afternic, Dan, SquadHelp white label, and Sedo all verify for me, using the TXT method, in minute(s). Why so many hours at Dynadot? If I set the TXT records say an hour before I try listing the name at Dynadot will that help? With Sedo it is faster if you do it in that order.

(2) I did ultimately go with nameserver verification, and it verified, and I then listed it for sale, and it is in your marketplace. I left the nameservers at my registrar pointing to Dynadot, thinking that would point to either a marketplace lander or marketplace listing at Dynadot. But it seems not. Am I correct that externally registered names do not have landers at Dynadot? I do realize that I could use forwarding at my registrar to point to the marketplace listing: https://www.dynadot.com/market/user-listings/EXAMPLE.com but would rather have a direct lander.

(3) It seems you can with the TXT verification change the code. Is it really true that every domain name has a different TXT verification code, as opposed to one code for all of the names for me as a user (the way Sedo, SH, Dan, Afternic do it). This really slows the process of getting names listed.

(4) On the marketplace listing, is there a good reason why there is a link to Alexa at the bottom, since Alexa (even if the service was still around as a website popularity rating) would only have meaning for already developed names, surely a small minority of all names for sale on the marketplace? I don't understand the Google cache link purpose either. I guess the archive could be useful to see past use of the name. Is there a way to turn these off in your listings?
DynaLinks.png

(5) I have come to like the AI-written descriptions for names I list for sale that are registered at Dynadot. Are there any future plans to extend AI-description option to externally registered names in your open marketplace?

(6) Assuming that there is not / will not be a lander option, am I correct that after verification I can change the nameservers at my registrar and Dynadot verification will remain?

Despite my questions, I am enthusiastic that you are offering an open marketplace. For example, since you accept payment in various currencies, including CDN $, I have interest in listing my .ca names that are registered elsewhere on your marketplace, but want to optimize the process before I make the effort.

The majority of my names are already registered at Dynadot, and I have used your marketplace extensively, and it is handy to be able to also include names not registered at Dynadot.

Thanks,

Bob

PS I hope that the answer to my question re slow verification is just that the early days the system was overwhelmed by a lot of users adding many names, and that it will get fast soon. If that is so, I will simply wait a week or two to list the 150 names I would like to get in the Dynadot marketplace. Generally I find Dynadot very solid and efficient technically, and so can't immediately see why verification should be slower than at competitors.

PPS I did now try for 4 more names with the nameserver verification method, including changing the nameservers at the registrar first, wait 6+ hours, then add them to Dynadot external for verification. At least for these 4 trial domains, that did not seem to speed up verification. I am now at about hour 7 hr wait since adding and still all unverified.

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot FYI the scrolling (auction promo) banners and pop-ups on the Dynadot site are slowing down the page load times and causing browser to be slower. Sure, it's nice for you to promote auctions that may be interesting, but not at the expense of user experience. Is there any way logged in users can 'opt-out' of banners/popups, etc so we have a simple clean fast interface to buy/sell/manage domains? Scrolling auctions may be a good idea for newbs, but I'm guessing experienced domainers will find the promos annoying. Just my 2 cents.
Hello! Are you referring to the banners on the main page or the banner in the manage domains section (or both)? As you can disable the auction banners in the Account Area just in the Settings of the Account Summary here!

Attachments

• Screenshot (72).png
    Screenshot (72).png
    107.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back