Unstoppable Domains .crypto

Fast Transfer does not mean Fast Transfer at Afternic

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by uglydork, Dec 9, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In 2018 I did SedoMLS sale by the buyer's mistake...
    Instead to proceed it directly via Sedo - he checked it at Dynadot and paid there...
    Whole process was automatic, I didn't any moves...
    Total duration from start to finish (money in my bank) ~1 week.

Apples VS apples?
    Or not???

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. boker

boker Top Member VIP

I was never paid faster than 11 days and from what people are talking, this looks like a good average. In your case, it could be that they are using an algorithm based on ip location, frequency of sales, registrar(godaddy), but it will not be fare to discriminating based on location, but it's the only logic answer.

3. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Member VIP

Because I do my domain investing alone, I never really think of what other people might be experiencing. Nice to have threads like these to keep up on what others are experiencing.

4. Corey

Corey Corey.net.au VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If I'm not happy with a service, I don't use their service.

Cheers
    Corey

5. boker

boker Top Member VIP

I'm doing it alone as well, but I'm always comparing what I'm doing with what others are doing, to see what I need to change and what not. Also, I'm doing it from an 'accountant' point of view as well, when I'm buying a domain or a bunch of domains, I know the average acquisition price, I know the minim amount I need to have a good ROI, I know how many(on average) are liquid,(wholesale) I'm counting the profit and looses on each tld, on each niche and on some known keywords, average payment time and so on...so I always compare everything with others, to make sure that I'm in the right position.

6. boker

boker Top Member VIP

Yes, eventually, the same as I've done with escrow, godaddy, flippa, namerific and a few others. But if you are happy with part of the service, you can try and help them change but if there is no hope, this is it., you will reach the 'eventually' time.

7. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Member VIP

I agree with you.

8. bonin

bonin NamesBefore.com VIP

Agree, dan is absolutely the best platform at the moment, user friendly for both, buyers and sellers, fast payments as well....

9. boker

boker Top Member VIP

It is, epik looks good as well for the future. Danis good, but is not perfect, it could use some features, like advertising to bring more customers, it's own registrar, instant chat, a network of registrars, to sell your domains and a few others, but at this time is less imperfect than the others.

10. bonin

bonin NamesBefore.com VIP

There is no bugs at dan and the customer support is perfect... same like siteground for hosting ( this is my 2 favourite companies at the moment ).

If no bugs I’m using them... few months ago I removed all my names from afternic... sedo is next

It’s 21st century need to be easy and simple and fast

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  11. Domo Sapiens

Domo Sapiens Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Afternic shouldn't be taking domains out of people's accounts without immediately making payment to the seller. ( not just starting the B/S process)
    Plain and simple.
    If they don't trust the buyer (hence holding the funds forever, even close to 2 weeks)
    Don't transfer the domain.
    Room is wide open for a 3rd broker/player aside SEDO and Afternic.

And godaddy totally needs to take-over Afternic and change their stone-age culture... (culture clash)

eg:
    Sold domain taken out of my godaddy account and transferred to buyer on Sat, Dec 7.
    Today Dec 12: Payment: Not Scheduled
    What gives?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  12. carob

carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If you have a virtual bank account in USD they can send to that at no cost and you can convert the currency yourself at much better rates. That will save 2.5% or more on Paypal conversion.

Enabling fast transfer is risky - there is no way to get the domain back if something went wrong, for example someone hacking your Afternic account and lowering prices - there is no 2FA at Afternic despite years of requests for that.

And do we know how fast the client really does get the name?

No one has calculated how much interest you can earn if you hold onto all payments for an average of two weeks before passing them on to the seller.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  13. carob

carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice