Dynadot is slow because...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Dynadot is extremely slow.

We know they connect to cloudflare and g-analytics, maybe they have a purpose,
although they can be used for discrimination and other bad things...

why try to connect to face book. Total nonsense.
FB doesn't work, so Dynadot doesn't work either.

Dyna is acting like DS puppet.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And I thought it was just me…
(They’re doing better today though)

•••
When you search for a domain listed at Dynadot, they show a "view listing" link. When you click on it, you see a "landing page" with a unique url (not the same as the usual landing page url). It is good to have such an alternative url, because if you suspect cloudflare is slowing things down or insulting visitors by saying "are you human" (as if all nonhuman ETs are bad), then you can redirect to that alternative landing page. And that alternative url may not need javascript, and cna be indexable (not sure). Today or yesterday they changed that url.
Something like changing /market/ with /user-listings/. And if you were doing such redirects, suddenly they became useless.
So they are changing things gradually. And you should expect to se new bugs all the time.

Connecting to facebook is not acceptable. it can't have a good purpose.

Dynadot can do much better, by using Epik's system; this way endusers can contact domain owners directly. In the current system it may still be possible but not easy, and I don't know how to do it. Also Dynadot shows ppc ads, and you can lose in udrp because of them, and wipo and complainant will never mention those ads in their complaint, they will just attach it to their decision, because they are evil. And Dynadot is helping those evil entities by showing ppc ads, while they could make alot more from sales in their marketplace.

•••
When you search for a domain listed at Dynadot, they show a "view listing" link. When you click on it, you see a "landing page" with a unique url (not the same as the usual landing page url). It is good to have such an alternative url, because if you suspect cloudflare is slowing things down or insulting visitors by saying "are you human" (as if all nonhuman ETs are bad), then you can redirect to that alternative landing page. And that alternative url may not need javascript, and cna be indexable (not sure). Today or yesterday they changed that url.
Something like changing /market/ with /user-listings/. And if you were doing such redirects, suddenly they became useless.
So they are changing things gradually. And you should expect to se new bugs all the time.

Connecting to facebook is not acceptable. it can't have a good purpose.

Dynadot can do much better, by using Epik's system; this way endusers can contact domain owners directly. In the current system it may still be possible but not easy, and I don't know how to do it. Also Dynadot shows ppc ads, and you can lose in udrp because of them, and wipo and complainant will never mention those ads in their complaint, they will just attach it to their decision, because they are evil. And Dynadot is helping those evil entities by showing ppc ads, while they could make alot more from sales in their marketplace.
Hello! Sorry for the delayed response, I don't know how this post slipped past me.

Is our site still acting slow? I know we were having some slight processing issues earlier this month but it should be back up to speed at the moment! If you still see delays, please let me know which areas of our site are having the most issues!

As for the Facebook connection, we just use Facebook Pixel for our ad campaigns, but it shouldn't be slowing anything down at all.

You actually can contact Dynadot users directly just from our Whois page! https://www.dynadot.com/domain/whois. Having a contact right from a landing page isn't a bad idea though, I'll see if that's something we can add!

We do show PPC ads on our Dynadot Parking pages, however it is not mandatory to have your domains set to our parking and you can set your domain to a default name-server of your choosing like so: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/set-default-name-servers

Hope that helps, please let me know if you're still experiencing issues on our site!

-Caleb

•••
IMG_7901.png
This is clouflare doing this?
Member emailed and said they were using dynadot lander so I had to have a peek.
Can a person, or bot, CamelCase the name on your landers. Cool shows in CAD when it does load and land.

•••
Hello! Sorry for the delayed response, I don't know how this post slipped past me.

Is our site still acting slow? I know we were having some slight processing issues earlier this month but it should be back up to speed at the moment! If you still see delays, please let me know which areas of our site are having the most issues!

As for the Facebook connection, we just use Facebook Pixel for our ad campaigns, but it shouldn't be slowing anything down at all.

You actually can contact Dynadot users directly just from our Whois page! https://www.dynadot.com/domain/whois. Having a contact right from a landing page isn't a bad idea though, I'll see if that's something we can add!

We do show PPC ads on our Dynadot Parking pages, however it is not mandatory to have your domains set to our parking and you can set your domain to a default name-server of your choosing like so: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/set-default-name-servers

Hope that helps, please let me know if you're still experiencing issues on our site!

-Caleb

Connecting to facebook is an attack against privacy. I think it is not only about ads (not sure).
FB might be in good hands now (compared to a few years ago: not sure), but still this is a bad thing, and can slow things down.

PPC ads means, waste of everything. Time, money, life..

(Landers) Instead you can show a alternative default landing page with contact form (under ns3/ns4. dynadot.com if chosen), (and must work when js is off, so pages can be indexed) and associated make offer option; first they type their info to contact, and then you give them an option to make an offer. This way endusers would type their info first, and agents would skip this part and go to make offer option, and we would then catch all leads, and know if the buyer is serious, can do followup etc.
I think most sellers would sell at Dynadot, even if they have full contact info of buyers.
Noone would say, let's do paypal+push.

If there is a serious buyer, since we don't know whether this is the case, we may list a domain elsewhere,
instead of dealing with the bidder at Dynadot, and eventually sell outside Dynadot; because probably this is a lowballing domainer or agent. But if we know the bidder is a serious buyer, we can just negotiate and finalize a sale at Dynadot.

(Bulk email forwarding) (Also it would be great if we catch all emails by default. Email forwarding can currently be done one by one, but if it can be done in bulk this would be great. Why do Afternic and Sedo want namservers to be set theirs, maybe because they want to get all those emails.)

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 243107
This is clouflare doing this?
Member emailed and said they were using dynadot lander so I had to have a peek.
Can a person, or bot, CamelCase the name on your landers. Cool shows in CAD when it does load and land.
That is our cloudflare security slowing down the pages unfortunately, however our team's currently looking in to how we can fix that, make our page run faster. Apologies for the inconvenience that causes!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back