IT.COM

domain Domainy.xyz and Hostly.xyz domains appraisal.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

PermanentPlace.com

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no value in the .xyz extensions, try stay away from the new extensions

Even in stronger extensions, you cant just add a "Y" to the end and expect it to increase the value

•••
Thank you for your comments.

•••
There is already value in the .xyz extension, but for the moment at least, if you want your domain to be worth something, it must be a very strong keyword with a lot of searches, etc.
The domains you bought, even in the .com extension don't have a crazy resell value, they're just good/ok brandables.

•••
Thank you for your comments.

XYZ does have value, hahaha ... Don't listen to these haters. Rick Schwartz is Invested, Facebook, and Google as well. 8.XYZ sold for $80,000 USD ... Hahah. That guy doesn't have a clue so let him he the one to sit on .coms; the past, and we will sit on the future !!! XYZ

•••
Adding the Y though to prominent keywords doesn't do it a justice. Focus on large sub categories.

•••
Adding the Y though to prominent keywords doesn't do it a justice. Focus on large sub categories.
Hahah nice reply... I too believe that .xyz is the future. Also... Y is added to make it a rhym. So is easily remembered.
Thanks for your optimism. :)

•••
Spending 80k on 8.xyz doesn't mean anything. If anything, it means it was a bad gamble for him and a dumb move. A lot of people gamble when they first come out. Doesn't mean it's a home run. xyz is a flop. Have you ever seen that name on any of the search engines yet? Yet to see one website using xyz. I agree to stay for away from it. It also doesn't matter what Facebook and Google try. They need to stick in their own areas, with what they're good at. FB dumps money into xyz and so now they're experts in domaining and know what people want? Good grief. It's a complete flop. I would buy .tv before that, and .tv is beyond a flop.

I know the guy who sold ebola.com for 200k, and I also know the person who bought it for the 200k. 60 days after the sale, the Ebola hype died out and the name was worth about 80% less in a matter of that 60 day span. This has nothing to do with the extensions we're talking about, but it tells you how gambling in domaining can flop very quickly.

On another note, the .blackfriday extension is available, no joke. The folks that created that are about as dumb as those who would buy it. And guess what??? There's a lot of money behind it too -- so buy away!

•••
Spending 80k on 8.xyz doesn't mean anything. If anything, it means it was a bad gamble for him and a dumb move. A lot of people gamble when they first come out. Doesn't mean it's a home run. xyz is a flop. Have you ever seen that name on any of the search engines yet? Yet to see one website using xyz. I agree to stay for away from it. It also doesn't matter what Facebook and Google try. They need to stick in their own areas, with what they're good at. FB dumps money into xyz and so now they're experts in domaining and know what people want? Good grief. It's a complete flop. I would buy .tv before that, and .tv is beyond a flop.

I know the guy who sold ebola.com for 200k, and I also know the person who bought it for the 200k. 60 days after the sale, the Ebola hype died out and the name was worth about 80% less in a matter of that 60 day span. This has nothing to do with the extensions we're talking about, but it tells you how gambling in domaining can flop very quickly.

On another note, the .blackfriday extension is available, no joke. The folks that created that are about as dumb as those who would buy it. And guess what??? There's a lot of money behind it too -- so buy away!

No ignorance here... You have your side and I have mine but just remember the same was said to the people who were about to invest in .com. No TLD has gotten this much publicity and you already know that, not Club, not TV, ect... Only thing in quite comparison is CA... And if XYZ is a flop: then why would Verasign go ahead and sue Daniel Negari !? It does not make sense and you're right; Google and Facebook don't know the domain world but I'll tell you what my friend they certainly control it... Investing was one step. Now the bigger picture is holding until someone has the courage to come out and say we're naming our company under XYZ instead of COM and that certain someone has to be a company of substantial respect. Right now we just have loupes and re links to big companies.
Sure the fact XYZ unloaded domains for free is terrifying to Investors but you have to remember they were not keyword domains that most of which are currently being held by XYZ registrar and not unleashed to the public and for a good reason my friend... Investment. You know what they say when you have a chance to make money; "don't be afraid, because scared money don't make money !" Cheers

•••
Remember, just because we all find the extension appealing, doesn't mean the public feels the same way about it. Either they're accepting of it, or they're not. It's not about us domainers liking it, we're the brokers and sales people of the extensions when they come out. I don't buy it and sell it because the clients (general public) don't like it. Without buyers, what good is it. Not every penny stock you buy goes up, and some remain at a penny forever, and eventually go belly up. To say "every" extension will definitely be worth something in the future, and it just takes time, is not realistic. Sometimes you have to dump your holdings and cut your losses. People around here seem to think every extension will be a success down the road, and they just need time. I would say if one doesn't take off within 12 months, it never will. There will always be initial large purchases due to hype when they first come out, that's normal. I personally won't go near an .xyz, .tv, or .mobi FOREVER. I've also taken a bath on most of them in the past, but I like to think I learn as time goes on.

Quite frankly, there is only one extension that can be created to rival or offset the .com. Simply, it's ".com2". Facebook and Google won't realize that as they're not on the front lines like we are. You can't tell me if they were releasing .com2 that it wouldn't explode and spread among the public like wildfire.

Anyway, that's my take, and the solution. I almost feel like we should all make a push for a .com2 extension. .com2 is the only one with a chance at making sense to the layman, and what they could relate to and remember. Again, it's about the public, and not us.

•••
XYZ does have value, hahaha ... Don't listen to these haters. Rick Schwartz is Invested, Facebook, and Google as well. 8.XYZ sold for $80,000 USD ... Hahah. That guy doesn't have a clue so let him he the one to sit on .coms; the past, and we will sit on the future !!! XYZ

1 or 2 sales doesnt make an extension, this happens every time a new extension is launched and then a few months later after a group of domainers have made the registrars richer, it fades away into the distance, go and check all the new extension threads on here

.xyz was in the news when Google registered abc.xyz, have a look at how many new articles are appearing compared to the week after Google grabbed abc.xyz???

8.xyz sold for that because the chinese love the number 8 and thats the only reason, the same reason you have sales like this with the number "8" in them

588.com
1,000,000 USD

880.com
188,889 USD

8788.com
106,000 USD

8808.com
51,111 USD

288.com
43,222 USD

8.cm
$4900

8988.com
16,300 USD

8.biz
$8200

888.be
16,200 USD

3588.com
14,409 USD

888.mx
10,000 USD

888.se
13,128 USD

Dont fall for the hype, I have google alerts for .xyz and the same thing has happened as all the others extensions

The same thing happened when google grabbed G.co, Twitter grabbed no_url_shorteners and Amazon grabbed A.co
Domainers went crazy and then within the next 2 years, 95% of those names were expired

•••
I have a similar type of domain and I am waiting for a good time when peoples will give respect to .xyz extension.

Many of other domain is available on .xyz, Its better to register 3 to 5 character domains and use keyword like "host" instead of "hostly"

You can wait for few years then sell it at $500. You can sell it at more price by increasing domain authority value ;)

•••
It's not just the number eight. Deals.xyz closed at $8100 and Customers.xyz sold for $2000. There are more names then you know my friend being sold at this very moment; you can think every sale is public. Ten deals on the list compared to 250 which struck millions for .com is Nothing. But wait till Christmas and you'll see Santa claus really does exist.

•••
I have a similar type of domain and I am waiting for a good time when peoples will give respect to .xyz extension.

Many of other domain is available on .xyz, Its better to register 3 to 5 character domains and use keyword like "host" instead of "hostly"

You can wait for few years then sell it at $500. You can sell it at more price by increasing domain authority value ;)

Absolutely correct, accept its a lot more then $500 my friend. but the funny part is, XYZ is not set up like .Com. Most domaines here know nothing of SEO work but I'll tell you what, .XYZ has more advantage over SEO capabilities then .Com and this could be a huge determining factor for a choice of value over .Com. It's funny to think we can just wait but we can. Daniel Negari is releasing a bunch of domains his Registar has held and when he does so, they won't be for free ;)

•••

Last edited:
•••
Alessandro..a few sales happen with every extension, we see it year in and year out..have akook at all the threads on it... and then it fades away...check how many articles are being indexed compared to a month ago..virtually 0

companies are not developing these sites...its domainer hype and sales..check the whois of the reported sales

•••
No you're right but the time has just started and you seem to be conscious that it has already started. If it has, this is just the beginning. .club didn't get as much publicity and look at the sales for wine and coffee. I agree with you that bigger companies hve to step in but it's not time right now just like it wasn't time for .com when people were asked to invest a couple million in words on paper... Do you understand my point ? That's all domains are, Realestate that we can draw out... Carinsurance.com is a $35,000,000 USD domain, why ? It's one of kind just like any other domain and insurance is a pretty **** good business. Especially when cars involved. It's bigger then the drug business. Now take Carinsurance.XYZ ... Would it sell for $35,000,000 ? No ... Of course not ... .Com will always exist but the world is beginning to overpopulate with business' and there is not enough .Com to go around... Just look at the stars; %40 made up names off .Com registrants... There is too many, way too many... XYZ is just another country for people looking to start a business to go to because the original has just about closed its borders...

•••
. I agree with you that bigger companies hve to step in but it's not time right now just like it wasn't time for .com when people were asked to invest a couple million in words on paper... Do you understand my point ?

OK, just being honest here, so its not personal

History has proved this over and over gain, it is not going to happen and it will never be the right time for .xyz

If it didnt happen for an extension like .CO, which at least had potential in that it was:

Short
Very close to .com
Only syllable
Has been used as an abbreviation for many words common around the world like Community, Company, College, Corporate, Computing etc

What makes you think an ugly extension with 3 syllables that just lkooks ridiculous will be adopted by any serious company

People said their would not be enough .COM names around 15 years ago, nothign has changed in that respect
If a cpomapny cant get CarInsurance.com, they will get their cctld (CarInsurance.de), they wont ever be going for an .xyz

you seem to be conscious that it has already started

Nothing has started except Google registering 1 .xy and some are jumping on the bandwagon thinking its the next big thing (same happened with .CO)...it wont and you wont see any new threads on here about .xyz in 6 months time

•••
OK, just being honest here, so its not personal

History has proved this over and over gain, it is not going to happen and it will never be the right time for .xyz

If it didnt happen for an extension like .CO, which at least had potential in that it was:

Short
Very close to .com
Only syllable
Has been used as an abbreviation for many words common around the world like Community, Company, College, Corporate, Computing etc

What makes you think an ugly extension with 3 syllables that just lkooks ridiculous will be adopted by any serious company

People said their would not be enough .COM names around 15 years ago, nothign has changed in that respect
If a cpomapny cant get CarInsurance.com, they will get their cctld (CarInsurance.de), they wont ever be going for an .xyz

Nothing has started except Google registering 1 .xy and some are jumping on the bandwagon thinking its the next big thing (same happened with .CO)...it wont and you wont see any new threads on here about .xyz in 6 months time

Like I said, if that is what you think, then I'll respect your opinion but you know as well as I do, that XYZ is not and will never ever be anything like .Co ... "Commercial" what world are you living in ? Things change fast my friend. In a period of a couple years you have five states beginning to legalize marinuana in five states of the United States. Yet the generation previous to this one who was in office had strict ambitions to keep green sacks off the street... Why all of a sudden a change of heart ? Medical reasons... Come on that's a lawyers excuse and I'll tel you what the real reason is, a New Generation is afoot, there is no doubt about it. Even if you can buy a keyword for a couple dollars and fling it on the shelf for ten twenty thousand, I don't think that's a bad day and neither would a lot of folks ... But I don't think that's going to be the case for XYZ. I don't think Google has any thing to do with it now my friend and neither does Facebook or NameJet or even Schwartz himself ... But I do think there's a bigger picture yet to be realized and if you think that .Com is not overpopulated ! Look in the mirror friend... I bet your own name you were born with is a domain in itself that someone, not you bought for their own needs ! XYZ is scaring Verasign and the recent lawsuit with Daniel Negari shows this to be true and a erasing admitted to it !

Cheers my friend to the highs and lows of the ultimatum of the Domain World !!!

•••
You cant compare weed to domains?

and if you think that .Com is not overpopulated

Maybe it is, but it doesnt stop most businesses using it and it remaining at the top ;)

that XYZ is not and will never ever be anything like .Co ... "Commercial" what world are you living in

As I said, it could be used as an abbreviation for a lot of things, fill me in how and who will use .xyz? Dont say Google either because look how well thats being used.

No problem though, good luck with it, lets touch base in 12 months and see if your enthusiasm has waned a little, I think you know the answer to that

•••
Like I said, if that is what you think, then I'll respect your opinion but you know as well as I do, that XYZ is not and will never ever be anything like .Co ... "Commercial" what world are you living in ? Things change fast my friend. In a period of a couple years you have five states beginning to legalize marinuana in five states of the United States. Yet the generation previous to this one who was in office had strict ambitions to keep green sacks off the street... Why all of a sudden a change of heart ? Medical reasons... Come on that's a lawyers excuse and I'll tel you what the real reason is, a New Generation is afoot, there is no doubt about it. Even if you can buy a keyword for a couple dollars and fling it on the shelf for ten twenty thousand, I don't think that's a bad day and neither would a lot of folks ... But I don't think that's going to be the case for XYZ. I don't think Google has any thing to do with it now my friend and neither does Facebook or NameJet or even Schwartz himself ... But I do think there's a bigger picture yet to be realized and if you think that .Com is not overpopulated ! Look in the mirror friend... I bet your own name you were born with is a domain in itself that someone, not you bought for their own needs ! XYZ is scaring Verasign and the recent lawsuit with Daniel Negari shows this to be true and a erasing admitted to it !

Cheers my friend to the highs and lows of the ultimatum of the Domain World !!!

Some of the stuff you're posting is a little out there.

We talked about some of this in the other thread where I pointed out reported sales over $1,000 via Namebio:

.club - 91
.xyz - 7

Did you say .xyz is getting more publicity than .club? You would think that would lead to more sales, since they also have 4x the regs.

The deals.xyz sale you mentioned, I'm not sure that went thru. That was a NJ auction where the winner didn't have to pay.

"Right now we just have loupes and re links to big companies. "

It's been almost a year and a half, came out June 2014. So you're saying that's all they have to this point?

Oh, then this straight up crazy thing you said:

" .XYZ has more advantage over SEO capabilities then .Com and this could be a huge determining factor for a choice of value over .Com."

Can you explain that one for everybody?

Also, if you were a business, can you put in order which you would prefer:

.com
.net
.web
.xyz

I'm curious to your opinion, if/when .web comes out, do you think it's better or worse than xyz and why.

•••
You cant compare weed to domains?

Maybe, but it doesnt stop all businesses using it and it remaining at the top

As I said, it could be used as an abbreviation for a lot of things, fill me in how and who will use .xyz? Dont say Google either because look how well thats being used.

No problem though, good luck with it, lets touch base in 12 months and see if your enthusiasm has waned a little, I think you know the answer to that

You're right I do. But I actually have the money to blow on a smal investment such as this ... I was not comparing weed to domains ... I was comparing change. The world is drastically changing and you can bet whether you want to or not on the idea that Internet is too involved. I never said once that .Com will be ruled out by XYZ or that it will top .Com in more expensive sales. And you think .Com makes sense for domains ? Why because you grew accustomed to it... Good grief... XYZ is new and modern and world will only get more modern !!! They crave it... They want it... And most importantly they need it.

And PS you touch base with me anytime, if I lose money, so be it... But if I am as right as I believe myself to be and I am more Invested in intelligence then anything ... Then I don't think I can lose...

"Royal Flush Buddy" !

•••
But I do think there's a bigger picture yet to be realized and if you think that .Com is not overpopulated !

There are infinite number of Brandable .coms available at reg. fee for bloggers, startups and there is big aftermarket and domainers for need of large brands and businesses.

.com will be king and it will be the best choice forever till the domains exist in web.

IMO!

•••
I wish you all the best with it

•••
Some of the stuff you're posting is a little out there.

We talked about some of this in the other thread where I pointed out reported sales:

.club - 91
.xyz - 7

Did you say .xyz is getting more publicity than .club? You would think that would lead to more sales, since they also have 4x the regs.

The deals.xyz sale you mentioned, I'm not sure that went thru. That was a NJ auction where the winner didn't have to pay.

"Right now we just have loupes and re links to big companies. "

It's been almost a year and a half, came out June 2014. So you're saying that's all they have to this point?

Oh, then this straight up crazy thing you said:

" .XYZ has more advantage over SEO capabilities then .Com and this could be a huge determining factor for a choice of value over .Com."

Can you explain that one for everybody?

Also, if you were business, can you put in order which you would prefer:

.com
.net
.web
.xyz

I'm curious to your opinion, if/when .web comes out, do you think it's better or worse than xyz and why.

Have you ever worked with SEO Handling ?
Do you know what Above the Fold means ?
Or at least tell me you rank !

XYZ has proven and you can look it up yourself that XYZ is easier for Google to program their algorithms around which is what determines which and when domains are put on the number one page of Google and the same reason we have Alexa ... Sometimes though you have people who have their pockets stuffed with cash and you know what, Google loves that so they just bing them to the top ... But you didn't know that, did you ? Do you know Googles revenue from Cash Parking ? ~ did you I so they do that ? $30,000,000,000 ... That's quite a number so I am pretty sure if they can offer Daniel Negari a buy out offer and he refused ?!! Then he himself must know that his hands are holding the Internet world as we speak ! Would you refuse a billion dollars for your business if you made $30,000 a month ? ABC.XYZ is just a small example of a trade of $6,000,000/ YR for that domain. That's really funny to me. If someone refused my offer I don't know why I would stay in business with them unless I needed something ?!?! And Alphabet.com now is Google.com ... Shoot me in the head because I am seeing a lot of lines connecting the dots and there not random either ...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back