Dynadot

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

NameSilo
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
CosmicBakery // dot // com
Sidetopic // dot // com
AudioLesson // dot // com
ServiceHarmony // dot // com
ComfortHeels // dot // com

These are some of my favourite recent acquisitions ...
Cosmic Bakery is obviously fantastic name for marijuana edibles brand
Side Topic just a nice real world saying that is open to a lot of possiblities
Audio Lesson is just a huge name for online education
Service Harmony .. perfect name for customer service outsourcing
Comfort Heels .. amazing name for every woman in the world who would die for comfortable high heel shoes!
Very good names.. I like the last 3 the most

•••
Got this.

Attachments

• 2017-11-25 11.02.53.png
    2017-11-25 11.02.53.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 80
•••
•••
NameBrands // dot // org
RewardPoints // dot // org
PerfectPicture // dot // org
AntiqueStores // dot // org
Burgundy // dot // co
KeywordGenerator // dot // net

The majority of names I've been grabbing lately have been in .com .. but if I find a really REALLY good non-.com I definitely will grab it .. if the price is right of course! :)

Obviously NameBrands and RewardPoints are just monstrously amazing domains even in org .. they'll fit right in there with my PayPerView // dot // org.

The others are really good as well in my opinion .. i was trying to thin out my .co's a bit lately .. but good terms DO sell .. I think Burgundy makes an amazing brand .. even if the .co is 2-5% of the .com then this was an amazing buy!

I now think of .net as pretty much dead in the water when it comes to random keywords .. but I certainly do see it strong as a technology focused TLD .. as such KeywordGenerator fits perfectly.

•••
Uppio // dot // com
ShoppersAnonymous // dot // com
TheSushiRoom // dot // com
ErrorInJudgement // dot // com
Lorynn // dot // com

Uppio is a nice punchy pronounceable 5L .. I really like this one! :)
Shoppers Anonymous could be serious .. but also could be used sarcastically for ecommerce
The Sushi Room is obviously great name for a resto .. strong enough possibly for a chain
Error In Judgement is actually a common saying .. I see on of those joke video sites here with all the bloopers and fails
Lorynn I like just as a first name .. everyone wants their first name in .com so there is a good floor. But they also makes for a really good generic brand name! :)

•••
IntelligentWriting // dot // com
GanjaLove // dot // com
MorningLift // dot // com

Intelligent Writing is obviously good for a content creation / writing agency.
Ganja Love is pretty much anything Cannabis related.
Morning Lift I see as a good marketing name for coffee or a cafe .. could also be marketing name for a radio/tv station's morning show .. or any of a number of other things morning focused.

•••
DNALocker // dot // com
- Perfect name for DNA storage company

GenesisMultimedia // dot // com
- Amazing name for Media content creation company

•••
•••

Can't say I like the first one much .. but I REALLY like GladiatorMedical ... sooooo much money for doctors taking care of boxers or football players etc etc!

HomeControl is pretty interesting as well .. I really don't like "product" .tv's .. however .. if it's a TV based keyterm .. then I do like them. Obviously "Remote" or "RemoteControl" would be the best one here .. but with all the IOT home products being shoved down the pipeline, "Home Control" is definitely a good brand name! :)

•••
Rasav // com

I like my 5 letter pronouncables :)

•••
Rasav // com ... I like my 5 letter pronouncables :)

Passes the radio test! :) ... That's a problem with a large number of 5L. Did you get it via GD auctions?

•••
Merchopolis // dot // com
- Do _opolis names still work? I think so. I don't like them if the prefix ends with an "E" or any other situation when you're not sure what letter comes before the O of OPOLIS .. But the Merch prefix definitely works (and is a really good commercial prefix as well .. lol)

PurpleHobbit // dot // com
- I see this as a comic book store .. or some kind of Fantasy Product eCommerce site peddling Cosplay or Lord of the Rings paraphernalia.

•••
Some names I picked up this year

ALL .COM Extension
A t H o m e L e a r n i n g
C a r I n v e r t e r s
C o m e J o i n T h e R i d e
T h e B a n k C e n t e r
C a f e P r i d e
D i g i t a l I n f o W o r l d

•••
•••
YachtRealty // dot // com
- While "Realtor" is a heavily enforced trademark, "Realty" is a generic word .. and there are lots of Yachts in the world .. worth lots of money .. very happy with this one!

CurlingHouse // dot // com
- Actual curling term .. and Curling is surprisingly more popular that you think

SlamDunkMedia
// dot // com
- A slum dunk name! ;)

HeyGym^com #closeOut
It just amazes me what makes it through to closeout sometimes. Not the most obvious "Gym" name .. but it's short and catchy .. more importantly it feels like it's poking you to get off your ass to go to the gym ... "HEY .. get moving" .. lol

Some names I picked up this year
ALL .COM Extension - A t H o m e L e a r n i n g
Great name .. GoDaddy Auctions?

•••
•••
ChooseExperience // dot // com
- I see this as a great marketing name .. particularly for a company that has a lot of experience in an industry with relative newcomers.

FeedYourEyes // dot // com
- Another marketing name .. for TVs or anything visual.

Thanks, yes it was just one bidder (me)
Nice .. I love it when everyone else is sleeping! ;)

•••
I bought Diamond Crypto.com for $15 in the Name Silo market place. The possible Bitcoin Diamond fork is probably not significant, but the domain can be used to discuss that in the short term. Crypto is a multi-faceted phenomenon, and diamond strikes me as a useful keyword for more general discussions about crypto-currencies.

$15 is more than I like to pay for domain names, but I'll probably keep this one.

•••
how can grab domain $5 to $10 to godaddy closeout or other place please tell the name of auction house .
how can i filter godaddy closeout to find good one.

•••
RushRock // dot // com
- Just a nice solid alliteration domain with 2 fantastic words. Rush = Fast .. and Rock = Solid / Reliable .. I really love this as a brand! :)

StatusJar // dot // com
- I see this as a social media manager. Where you can manage all your status updates for all the sites in a single place. Kinda generic and catchy enough for other uses as well.

Travolio // dot // com
- Obviously just a cool travel brand. Sounds like portfolio as well so maybe a site that helps you organise your travel? But i like it for general travel as well! Comes out strong phonetically!

I bought Diamond Crypto.com for $15 in the Name Silo market place. $15 is more than I like to pay for domain names, but I'll probably keep this one.

That's really not a bad buy at all .. maybe a relatively small chance of finding an end user .. but crypto is hot wholesale and Diamond is a solid prefix for anything finance .. so you certainly will not be losing money at the end of the day! :)

how can grab domain $5 to $10 to godaddy closeout or other place please tell the name of auction house . how can i filter godaddy closeout to find good one.

As far as I know GoDaddy is the only auction house to offer closeouts. However for me there is no "secret" filter. Everyone uses filters at expireddomains dot net .. so if you really want to find good names that slip through the cracks .. you just got to go looking through everything .. lol .. it's a lot of time and work .. but if you like the names I've posted so far, then you know the work pays off in the end! :)

•••
•••
TypistPro // dot // com
- Pretty obvious here .. anything related to typing .. either training .. or actual contract work

CombatForum // dot // com
- Nice generic name for all encompassing forum for boxing, MMA, etc etc

SimpleMarketPlace // dot // com
- Many overlook the keyword "Simple" .. at first you wouldn't think anyone would want their product to be marketed as "Simple" .. but the fact of the matter is that countless business owners are looking for all sorts of services to be as easy and "simple" as possible .. that especially includes their eCommerce software. I really like this name! :)

Mrlars // com
Who is Mr Lars? lol

•••
Truqs // dot // com
- Alternate spelling for Trucks .. not a huge fan of these .. unless the real keyword is massive

InfluenceGuru // dot // com
- Industry of the future .. Social Influencers .. growing trends = need for new names

TomorrowTeam // dot // com
- Just a cool aliteration that could represent a wide range of things. Tech Reviews or repair service like Geek Squad

CoolFancy // dot // com
- I just liked the way these 2 words go together. Sounds catchy. Plus both words are very positive. Great brand IMO! :)

•••
Truqs // dot // com
- Alternate spelling for Trucks .. not a huge fan of these .. unless the real keyword is massive

InfluenceGuru // dot // com
- Industry of the future .. Social Influencers .. growing trends = need for new names

TomorrowTeam // dot // com
- Just a cool aliteration that could represent a wide range of things. Tech Reviews or repair service like Geek Squad

CoolFancy // dot // com
- I just liked the way these 2 words go together. Sounds catchy. Plus both words are very positive. Great brand IMO! :)

Are these all from closeouts or expired auctions? I spent couple of hours each day going through the platform and I swear I've not seen any of those there. I'm sure I'd remember TypistPro/InfluenceGuru...

Great catches tho! GL

A

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back