Dynadot

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a few that hit my account lately:

TALL -//- BIKE
ZIN -//- DRA
DIX -//- BO
ABLU -//- TED (really cool IMO)
YOGA -//- SODA
OPEN -//- SOHO
PEEK -//- MEDIO
ANTHE -//- RAL
...all are dot com
...many others

•••
Just a few that hit my account lately:
YOGA -//- SODA

I actually really like this one a lot. Has all the elements of a great catchy memorable brand! :)

•••
This is a real lesson especially for new investors. Even if the name doesn't make sense to you at first it could be valuable when translated. Many gems slip through the cracks since most don't take the 15 seconds to put it through a translator.

I'm a Spanish native speaker and hardly have any Spanish name on my portfolio. Hope I'll be able to focus on that soon.

Sabiendo // com (gerund for Saber=Know)
Agua//Solida // com (=Solid Water, liked it a lot but can't really explain why)

I think these have been my only Spanish auction/closeout acquisitions

Last edited:
•••
RebateBin // dot // com
Webertainment // dot // com
StyleVector // dot // com
FreeAgencyMarket // dot // com
PolarisGear // dot // com

GobbleGobbleGobbleGobbleGobble // dot // com (Maybe not .. lol .. Happy Thanksgiving :) )

•••
Petalum // dot // com (Actual rare word .. but also simply brandable derived from Petal)
PlaylistMonkey // dot // com
IncomeHappy // dot // com
ReussirEnLigne // dot // com (Succeed Online in French)
ClickEconomics // dot // com

•••
RebateBin // dot // com
Webertainment // dot // com
StyleVector // dot // com
FreeAgencyMarket // dot // com
PolarisGear // dot // com

GobbleGobbleGobbleGobbleGobble // dot // com (Maybe not .. lol .. Happy Thanksgiving :) )
polaris gear is has good chance of getting a udrp, be careful with the parked content

•••
Cool .. thanks .. seems the only thing I found on google before getting it was ATV's .. but yeah .. turned off parking just in case it grabs ATV ads. I've never heard of that brand before (I'm a city boy) .. I was thinking of camping/fishing type stuff when I grabbed it. Thanks again.

•••
Cool .. thanks .. seems the only thing I found on google before getting it was ATV's .. but yeah .. turned off parking just in case it grabs ATV ads. I've never heard of that brand before (I'm a city boy) .. I was thinking of camping/fishing type stuff when I grabbed it. Thanks again.
They are big for snowmobiles, and Atv, and other outdoor gear

http://www.polaris.com

•••
Yeah .. just took a peak now .. I likely searched the full term with quotes .. seems they are a $5B company .. not sure how I haven't heard of them before .. lol .. where I live the big Montreal Area based company is a spin-off of Bambardier called Bombardier Recreational Products .. also $5B coincidentally enough according to Google. Just checking now .. and the domain has been parked off and on since 2000 and registered continuously for at least 10 yrs.

Polaris is also a pretty popular (and cool sounding star) .. (why I first thought camping) .. there are actually 51,000 trademarks using the word .. which tells me "Polaris" is pretty darn extremely generic .. zero TM with quotes.

•••
Yeah .. just took a peak now .. I likely searched the full term with quotes .. seems they are a $5B company .. not sure how I haven't heard of them before .. lol .. where I live the big Montreal Area based company is a spin-off of Bambardier called Bombardier Recreational Products .. also $5B coincidentally enough according to Google. Just checking now .. and the domain has been parked off and on since 2000 and registered continuously for at least 10 yrs.

Polaris is also a pretty popular (and cool sounding star) .. (why I first thought camping) .. there are actually 51,000 trademarks using the word .. which tells me "Polaris" is pretty darn extremely generic .. zero TM with quotes.
Yes, check out their new slingshot bike/car pretty cool, they are in direct compeition with bombardier in the snowmobiles, but polaris something you liken to north pole, artctic, polar bears etc...

•••
... but polaris something you liken to north pole, artctic, polar bears etc...

Yeah .. that's cause Polaris is in fact "The North Star" .. not a made up word. It's the one of the brightest stars in the sky that many traditionally used to get bearings towards North. I guess that's why I was thinking camping more than anything else. Plus it's phonetically powerful and just sounds cool .. lol. Which all explains the 51,000 (american) trademarks using the name! ;)

•••
AmericanHealers // dot // com
ContentScheduler // dot // com
GeminiBackup // dot // com
AmazingSurveys // dot // com
MaLivraison // dot // com

I think the first 2 names are pretty big .. I also really like Gemini Backup because not only does "Gemini" sound cool and techie .. but it also means twin .. so it's where you go if you want to "twin" your data! ;)

Ma Livraison means "My Delivery" in French! :)

•••
Over the last few weeks, added

StrategicEntry//com (2003)
- use cases: trading/investing, or something related to market entry strategy

RentAuctions//com (1999)
- use cases: platform to auction rent, RentBerry is doing something like that in the US, and looking at the London market, it is something that unfortunatelly will be the future of rental market

Poolitical//com (2007)
- use cases: will try to develop myself as a political cartoons(satire) web, chuckled on the 'poo' wordplay

AdsIntel//com (2003)
- use cases: ads intelligence, ads insights

•••
Poolitical//com (2007)
- use cases: will try to develop myself as a political cartoons(satire) web, chuckled on the 'poo' wordplay

lol @ Poolitical .. no shortage of "crap" to talk about there! ;)

•••
•••
M E D I C G A R D E N dotcom. @ GD auctions

•••
•••
This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout
Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)
Never really understood what the closeout domains are all about

•••
Never really understood what the closeout domains are all about

GoDaddy has soooo many expiring domains going on auction every day. The most of the best ones obviously get bids .. and end up going to the highest bidder. But there are plenty of good domains that nobody found .. after the auction ends .. those domains go into "closeout". Meaning that anybody can simply "buy" them. No auction or competition. You simply put the domain in your cart and buy it. When the auction ends you can buy them for $11. 24 hours later they drop to $10 .. 24 hours after that $9 .. 24 hours after that $8 .. 24 hours after that it then drops to $5 for a final 24 hours before the domain drops completely (and goes into registry redemption for about 40 days .. afterwhich it becomes available to anyone as a drop-catch .. or hand-reg).

Tons of great domains slip through to $11 ... many even make it to $5.

2 things to keep in mind .. like auctions .. you still need to pay for renewal .. plus obviously like auctions, the original owner of the domain can renew the domain up until a week after the domain wen ton auction (this will be changing soon).

As far as I know .. only GoDaddy has "closeouts" .. although I couldn't say for sure.

•••
GoDaddy has soooo many expiring domains going on auction every day. The most of the best ones obviously get bids .. and end up going to the highest bidder. But there are plenty of good domains that nobody found .. after the auction ends .. those domains go into "closeout". Meaning that anybody can simply "buy" them. No auction or competition. You simply put the domain in your cart and buy it. When the auction ends you can buy them for $11. 24 hours later they drop to $10 .. 24 hours after that $9 .. 24 hours after that $8 .. 24 hours after that it then drops to $5 for a final 24 hours before the domain drops completely (and goes into registry redemption for about 40 days .. afterwhich it becomes available to anyone as a drop-catch .. or hand-reg).

2 things to keep in mind .. like auctions .. you still need to pay for renewal .. plus obviously like auctions, the original owner of the domain can renew the domain up until a week after the domain wen ton auction (this will be changing soon).

As far as I know .. only GoDaddy has "closeouts" .. although I couldn't say for sure.
All the domains you picked above are from closeouts?

•••
Many yes .. but not all .. some I won at Auction ... "closeouts" are just one part of the GoDaddy "Auction" platform .. so they are listed all together.

Some people don't like to share the price they bought a domain for .. because then it makes the domain seem cheap.

Also .. sometimes a domainer might make a $12 bid before the end of the auction in order to avoid the risk of somebody else grabbing a domain at $11 before them (once a domain goes to closeout it's obviously first come first served .. sometimes an $11 domain is taken in a couple of minutes. But if nobody else bids after them .. then it's pretty much the same thing .. $11 or $12. The opposite is true as well .. sometimes domainers specifically do NOT bid on a domain they want .. because if they do .. then there is a chance someone else sees the domain .. so they wait to closeout where it doesn't matter if anyone else sees .. they can no longer bid once you buy it! ;)

I won't say exactly which I got on auction .. and which at closeout .. but the majority of the ones I've listed so far have been won at $12 and/or taken at close out for $11 down to $5! :)

Obviously .. if it's a VERY VERY good name .. sometimes I'll pay more for it. There are a couple like that above .. but surprisingly not that many so far. ;)

It seems cheap .. but I also work at finding names 2-3 hours every night .. it's a LOT of time investment. But as you can see from some of the names I've shared that there are indeed some amazing names to be found sometimes.

It also goes in cycles I find .. sometimes there seems to be more people competing at auctions .. other times it's more quiet and names have a better chance of slipping through unnoticed until closeout.

You can check out a sampling of some of the names I find here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...-closeout-domains.1006428/page-5#post-6438239

Last edited:
•••
•••
ConquerSleep // dot // com
ArtificialHealth // dot // com
ProfileAnalyst // dot // com
RideMyCab // dot // com
HikerWear // dot // com

•••

@Ategy.com , this is a market I wasn't aware of, it's really interesting. Thanks

•••
CosmicBakery // dot // com
Sidetopic // dot // com
AudioLesson // dot // com
ServiceHarmony // dot // com
ComfortHeels // dot // com

These are some of my favourite recent acquisitions ...
Cosmic Bakery is obviously fantastic name for marijuana edibles brand
Side Topic just a nice real world saying that is open to a lot of possiblities
Audio Lesson is just a huge name for online education
Service Harmony .. perfect name for customer service outsourcing
Comfort Heels .. amazing name for every woman in the world who would die for comfortable high heel shoes!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back