DomainMarket.com - Top 30 Sales 2012

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
Check out the Top 30 Sales of 2012 by Mike Mann's Domain Market on RobbiesBlog.com

Domain Market Top 30 Sales of 2012

It's unreal how Mike Mann has topped over $550k in sales and thats just the top 30 released there are so many more domains that he has sold on top of that!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TOTAL SALES: $550,000

RENEWAL FEES: $750,000*

OK so I made up the renewal fees part but with all those domains he must have at least near that amount to pay upto September 2012

•••
Now list the 299,000 domains that DIDN'T sell

LOL - One day many dolt domainers will understand the concept of PROFIT instead of looking only at topline number

PROFIT = Sales - (Reg fees + other expenses (Salary etc))

Anyone can sell $1 bills for 99 cents

Bwhaha

:bah:

•••
Now list the 299,000 domains that DIDN'T sell

LOL - One day many dolt domainers will understand the concept of PROFIT instead of looking only at topline number

PROFIT = Sales - (Reg fees + other expenses (Salary etc))

Anyone can sell $1 bills for 99 cents

Bwhaha

:bah:

Totally agree

But I have read recently on the Frager Factor that DOMAINMARKET.COM will be sold for millions shortly.Frager stated that the announcement is imminent.

Who would waste their money on that loss making business?But then again it is the Frager Factor so I dont know how much is true.

•••
With 300K domains, the annual renewal fees are about $2.5M.

So the top end reported sales listed there would only cover around 20% of renewals.

If you keep selling off better assets to pay for renewals on lower quality assets, that model is not sustainable.

Brad

•••
With 300K domains, the annual renewal fees are about $2.5M.

So the top end reported sales listed there would only cover around 20% of renewals.

If you keep selling off better assets to pay for renewals on lower quality assets, that model is not sustainable.

Brad

Ouch!

•••
eh

Last edited:
•••
TOTAL SALES: $550,000

RENEWAL FEES: $750,000*

OK so I made up the renewal fees part but with all those domains he must have at least near that amount to pay upto September 2012

This isnt total sales - Its only the top 30 sales - As I stated DomainMarket.com has sold many more domains than just 30!

•••
I actually asked Mike about 'profits' as against 'sales' and he says that now they sell more than it costs to renew.

This wasn't the case in the last couple of years and they're probably carrying those costs, but they also have the domains.

If you can sell / earn more than renewals it is a viable business plan. With the upside, in this case, of a multi-million dollar sale if someone picks up the entire portfolio, just like he did with BuyDomains.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back