NameSilo

Domaining.com Link / logo over Escrow.com home page NOT GOOD !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Most of domains i buy from outside forums, i contact owners direct from whois.

Now lets say seller agree on my price for XX.COM domain, we agree to use escrow.com, seller / domain owner go to escrow.com home page, see domaining.com website and recent sales, there is big chance seller will change his mind if the price we agreed on low comparable with the recent sales over domaining.com.

I always used escrow.com in the past because its not connected to any domain name sales website, i will not use escrow.com anymore.

what is your opnion about this ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tell the owner you are from nigeria and require immediate payment via western union. ;)

Domaining.com is a true blessing for this industry. It organizes and consolidates us and presents information in a professional manner. It gives our industry more legitimacy.

Pretty simple solution. Draft a sales contract and have the seller sign and send it to you. THEN send him to escrow or whatever source. With a signed contract they are less likely to renege on the deal.

Good luck!
Luc

•••
I don't think it's going to really matter if they're associated with domaining.com.

•••
If you are concerned that the seller will realize you are paying a very low price, then I think the problem may be with your very low price and not that the seller realizes what if more fair in the marketplace.

Everyone wants a good deal, but no one wants to be ripped off or taken advantage of. You don't have to tell someone they are selling to cheaply, but you can build good will by not taking advantage of someone's lack of knowledge. You can focus on short-term profits or look look ahead and see the possibility of them or their friends having more domains to sell to you in the future.

Now if you have an agreement, then the buyer or seller cannot change the terms without creating a breach of promise. Legal enforcement may or may not be possible, but a damaged reputation is a given.

•••
Displaying a directory banner for inclusion in a web ring is so 1990's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back