Dynadot

domains DomainDomme leaving Clubhouse - DomainKing will block anyone who follows with a .eth handle

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Seems like a lot of people had enough with being disrespected and or inundated with spam and crass comments. Krista @domaindomme tweeted today she was leaving Clubhouse. Rick Schwartz then added that he will now be blocking those who follow him with a .eth handle I have always said the domain industry is a collection of echo chambers, on top of that some people plain don't like one … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
crypto and nfts communities are full of spam and scams.
i never joined clubhouse, i felt it was just a waste of time.

happy to see that other people are thinking like me.

•••
Most have no clue what gender anyone is from a handle or nic and is never relevant to begin with.

Last edited:
•••
I am shocked to learn that some people still use Clubhouse. :)

Brad

•••
I am shocked to learn that some people still use Clubhouse. :)

Brad

Even more shocking that you’re not in it

Seems like your kind of “people” Brad

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I assume you mean a successful domain investor?

Brad

no I mean the kind of people who would banish anyone with anything other then a .com extension attached to their handle

You and @MadAboutDomains are constantly ridiculing investors and endusers on their acquisitions of new .extensions

So your comment was just kind of funny to me “considering” those in the clubhouse seem like your kind of people, .com only investors ...

Last edited:
•••
no I mean the kind of people who would banish anyone with anything other then a .com extension attached to their handle

You and @MadAboutDomains are constantly ridiculing investors and endusers on their acquisitions of new .extensions

So your comment was just kind of funny to me “considering” those in the clubhouse seem like your kind of people, .com only investors ...

Man, you seem upset. What's the matter?

I own and have sold many non .Com. I just sold a .org recently for $12k.

I hope you get some good sales, and it turns your attitude around.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Over the past 3 years there's been a wave of migration from nGTLDs to t back-to-school mainstream .com, .io, org cctld and net. The "trends" have been carried out by xy bloggers + social (citing sources or direct marketing) w no duty to check existing domains and see if they have been -and still- or abandoned. Reporting failed.

Domain investors, half of which lose money (total over $400m in 3y) because they are not well informed but targeted.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Even more shocking that you’re not in it

Seems like your kind of “people” B
Man, you seem upset. What's the matter?

I own and have sold many non .Com. I just sold a .org recently for $12k.

I hope you get some good sales, and it turns your attitude around.

Brad

My problem is you acting like you’re not one of “those people” ... clubhouse is filled with people who have the same “motives” and “feelings” as you have so eloquently represented yourself with here ^

I think it’s quite funny ... (then) you seem confused as to why I would say “seems like clubhouse is your kinda club”

Is it not ?

you’ve been selling many non .com domains ... if you are selling many non .com domains, then why do you feel the need to bash on endusers or investors purchasing new GTLD .extensions ... literally you cannot find one viral thread here about GTLDs that you and @MadAboutDomains aren’t bashing on

And anyone who disagrees with that or downvotes me, go do your own research, there’s no need to hide, say you genuinely don’t like what I’m saying

I’m speaking the truth, hypocrisy at it’s finest Brad ... you haven’t supported the value of new .extensions (not a single time) then act all surprised when you get told that the people you support “pro .com investors” are your kinda people ...

Is that not true ?

Last edited:
•••
Over the past 3 years there's been a wave of migration from nGTLDs to t back-to-school mainstream .com, .io, org cctld and net. The "trends" have been carried out by xy bloggers + social (citing sources or direct marketing) w no duty to check existing domains and see if they have been -and still- or abandoned. Reporting failed.

Domain investors, half of which lose money (total over $400m in 3y) because they are not well informed but targeted.

Regards

Lox ... you know why the domain industry is the way it is ^ it has been rigged this way, ever since the pro .com investors and Verisign built this monopoly in their favor ... and there’s only but a few people in the room who hold the cards ^

Back to school mainstream to .com

What planet are you on / and I mean that in the most genuinely respectful way ... the crypto industry alone is worth $1,000,000,000,000 in market value, 70% of the crypto companies don’t even own their .com domains ... not Bitcoin ... not Ethereum ... they built their success utilizing .org ^ these are some of the most talked about companies today ^ there’s no domain leakage ... they don’t suffer from BS antics ... the web3 space comprises 90% of non .com domains

That’s a good thing though

.com goes up

And the industry goes up in value

~

Search engine algorithms like Google or Bing do not rank and index websites based off their domain names or the .extensions they (prefer) or the business’ prefer ...

That’s not to say .com is a bad extension (because) it’s not ^ but it’s impossible to limit all business’ to a single .extension much less 100 .extensions ... there’s 2,000,000,000 websites online and growing ^ that number is only going up ^ in online retail sales last year of 2021, worldwide the number was $5,400,000,000,000 USD

In 1999 that number was just $45B USD

what am I saying ?

.Time is of the essence, and it is only a matter of time till you see this, took 15 years for .com to claim its “secured” value ^ and as new business’ pop up, what do you think is going to happen

Buy a million dollar single keyword .com domain or buy a single keyword .whatever domain that makes sense !

Why else you think Verisign utilized their shell company NuDot Co to bid $175,000,000 on the .extension “.web”

Even the faucet knows the tap is running dry ... you want to know what’s behind door # 2

I got screenshot text messages from Afilias offering $17M USD to Verisign to abandon the private auction on certain .extensions ... while Verisign offers to sell .health for $25M ...

•••
literally you cannot find one viral thread here about GTLDs that you and @MadAboutDomains aren’t bashing on
I'll speak for myself... I don't "bash on" about people investing in new GTLDs. i challenge when people, unjustifiably proclaim that the extension that they have chosen to invest in is doing, or will do, something that it isn't or likely won't.

EG. .xyz is the most popular extension with web3 properties... Untrue, evidence shows otherwise.

EG .link is as good as an investment as .com because it does the same thing. Untrue.

But I don't pass judgement on what people invest in. That's up to them.

Last edited:
•••
My problem is you acting like you’re not one of “those people” ... clubhouse is filled with people who have the same “motives” and “feelings” as you have so eloquently represented yourself with here ^

I think it’s quite funny ... (then) you seem confused as to why I would say “seems like clubhouse is your kinda club”

Is it not ?

you’ve been selling many non .com domains ... if you are selling many non .com domains, then why do you feel the need to bash on endusers or investors purchasing new GTLD .extensions ... literally you cannot find one viral thread here about GTLDs that you and @MadAboutDomains aren’t bashing on
Actually, you seem confused. I deal in lots of extensions other than .COM.
Legacy extensions like ORG/NET. ccTLD like .US and others.

And anyone who disagrees with that or downvotes me, go do your own research, there’s no need to hide, say you genuinely don’t like what I’m saying
I don't leave anonymous downvotes. I am not one to shy away from my thoughts.
I wish NamePros would get rid of anonymous voting period.

I’m speaking the truth, hypocrisy at it’s finest Brad ... you haven’t supported the value of new .extensions (not a single time) then act all surprised when you get told that the people you support “pro .com investors” are your kinda people ...

Is that not true ?

You are speaking your opinion.

I don't really believe most new extensions are great investments for a number of reasons, that I won't rehash here. So what?

You might think they are good investments. So what?

Why would I support an investment I don't believe in?

It is like any investment, not everyone agrees on the same thing.

I am not sure why you are so upset.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
@bmugford @Alessandro Couteau

Chill boys. It's only a domain market
I am not upset. I was simply responding to someone who apparently is.

I know zero about the issue in this article. I simply made a joke about how irrelevant Clubhouse is.
This entire thing came out of nowhere to me.

People are not picking on new extensions.

For years new extensions used marketing campaigns like ".COM is dead", ".COM is AM radio, etc.

People can invest in what they want to invest in, but if you are going to invest in anything you need thicker skin. Not everyone thinks the same way.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Is it not ?

Is that not true ?

I invite you to join here to support .US extension & maybe also Brad because have a lot of .us 🤗
https://www.clubhouse.com/join/6GTZ...te&utm_campaign=r9sISfbHiPUkRSyI7qtBQA-409513
Looks really nice the invitation :xf.wink: 🤗 :xf.love:.. Join .US on....

Screenshot_20221012-201625.png

Last edited:
•••
Krista @domaindomme tweeted today she was leaving Clubhouse. Rick Schwartz then added that he will now be blocking those who follow him with a .eth handle
Thanks for letting us know (y)

•••
I'll speak for myself... I don't "bash on" about people investing in new GTLDs. i challenge when people, unjustifiably proclaim that the extension that they have chosen to invest in is doing, or will do, something that it isn't or likely won't.

EG. .xyz is the most popular extension with web3 properties... Untrue, evidence shows otherwise.

EG .link is as good as an investment as .com because it does the same thing. Untrue.

But I don't pass judgement on what people invest in. That's up to them.

Let’s address a few points

Verisign and their monopoly and maintaining absolute control on any powers they don’t already possess

Case and point ^ Verisign has been telling their major shareholders and private investors (like yourself) and (even me) and business’ alike to “ONLY” invest in .com

While they do this ^ they also bid in secret on ownership rights over new .extensions

Verisign brought .xyz to court and lost / because they couldn’t prove that it was possible to handreg a single valuable domain name ^ it’s not possible today, double keywords (the same) triple keywords (pretty much done) but what does this have to do with the industry ...

It “was” overwhelmingly overpopulated, hence ICANN has promoted new .extensions whilst maintaining a friendly relationship with Verisign, whom we know for a fact invests in new .extension(s) and why do they do this ? Isn’t it obvious, they need to create a new marketshare for their investors (because) renewals aren’t quite cutting it for Verisign these days ...

In order to sustain the future of Verisign, it is impossible for them not to seek alternative investments (and) if it’s coming from Verisign, you can imagine the time and money they are spending on the subject, along with Google, Microsoft, TenCent, Alibaba, BaiDu, Amazon, Apple, etc.

Do they advertise publicly, no (why) because we’re not quite there yet.

https://apple.watch >>>> goes where

https://twitch.com >>>> goes where

~

Back to .xyz / .xyz formed the first partnership with ENS, the ethereum naming service, an incredibly valuable tool, when used correctly ... but even better news, .xyz has the 1st partnership with ENS while also maintaining their valid authorization as a DNS .extension through ICANN

This means .xyz can be utilized as a blockchain address and a standard URL accessible by anyone with access to the worldwideweb ...

Fast forward a year later ^ what happens, Verisign writes up a nice pretty check to get the same rights as .xyz / and of course ENS signs the deal, along with 10 other traditional domain .extensions ...

It’s this kind of thing that turns something good into something “unpredictable” - I don’t believe it to be a bad thing, actually quite the contrary, I believe these small steps for the internet and domain names lead to bigger and better investments in what it is we all hope to accomplish

Good numbers for our domain names

~

I think too many people focus on .extensions altogether ^ especially domain investors in general

what we should be focusing on is good names, if it’s .com “awesome” if it’s another .extension that matches with the keyword, “awesome” - good domains that match accordingly have proven that they can create a new market share for us as investors ^ it’s in plain sight

I don’t expect @bmugford or @MadAboutDomains to change their way of thinking / but maybe this information brings more value to their ears ^ I have to say I’m surprised that Brad is invested in other .names “only” because the way he has presented his investments or advice, it seems like he has no care for anything else, even promoting a name (if) it’s a good name

I have been lucky to generate a 5000% + ROI on certain new GTLD investments and I imagine that my partner and I could very well be the 1st to close a seven figure GTLD sale publicly, (not including sex.xxx)

Things go as they go ^ invest in good names at the end of the day

And if two halves meet, we can come across the whole pie ! One that can be enjoyed by everyone sitting at the table.

•••
Let’s address a few points

Verisign and their monopoly and maintaining absolute control on any powers they don’t already possess

Case and point ^ Verisign has been telling their major shareholders and private investors (like yourself) and (even me) and business’ alike to “ONLY” invest in .com

While they do this ^ they also bid in secret on ownership rights over new .extensions

Verisign brought .xyz to court and lost / because they couldn’t prove that it was possible to handreg a single valuable domain name ^ it’s not possible today, double keywords (the same) triple keywords (pretty much done) but what does this have to do with the industry ...

It “was” overwhelmingly overpopulated, hence ICANN has promoted new .extensions whilst maintaining a friendly relationship with Verisign, whom we know for a fact invests in new .extension(s) and why do they do this ? Isn’t it obvious, they need to create a new marketshare for their investors (because) renewals aren’t quite cutting it for Verisign these days ...

In order to sustain the future of Verisign, it is impossible for them not to seek alternative investments (and) if it’s coming from Verisign, you can imagine the time and money they are spending on the subject, along with Google, Microsoft, TenCent, Alibaba, BaiDu, Amazon, Apple, etc.

Do they advertise publicly, no (why) because we’re not quite there yet.

https://apple.watch >>>> goes where

https://twitch.com >>>> goes where

~

Back to .xyz / .xyz formed the first partnership with ENS, the ethereum naming service, an incredibly valuable tool, when used correctly ... but even better news, .xyz has the 1st partnership with ENS while also maintaining their valid authorization as a DNS .extension through ICANN

This means .xyz can be utilized as a blockchain address and a standard URL accessible by anyone with access to the worldwideweb ...

Fast forward a year later ^ what happens, Verisign writes up a nice pretty check to get the same rights as .xyz / and of course ENS signs the deal, along with 10 other traditional domain .extensions ...

It’s this kind of thing that turns something good into something “unpredictable” - I don’t believe it to be a bad thing, actually quite the contrary, I believe these small steps for the internet and domain names lead to bigger and better investments in what it is we all hope to accomplish

Good numbers for our domain names

~

I think too many people focus on .extensions altogether ^ especially domain investors in general

what we should be focusing on is good names, if it’s .com “awesome” if it’s another .extension that matches with the keyword, “awesome” - good domains that match accordingly have proven that they can create a new market share for us as investors ^ it’s in plain sight

I don’t expect @bmugford or @MadAboutDomains to change their way of thinking / but maybe this information brings more value to their ears ^ I have to say I’m surprised that Brad is invested in other .names “only” because the way he has presented his investments or advice, it seems like he has no care for anything else, even promoting a name (if) it’s a good name

I have been lucky to generate a 5000% + ROI on certain new GTLD investments and I imagine that my partner and I could very well be the 1st to close a seven figure GTLD sale publicly, (not including sex.xxx)

Things go as they go ^ invest in good names at the end of the day

And if two halves meet, we can come across the whole pie ! One that can be enjoyed by everyone sitting at the table.
That's all very interesting information but what does that have to do with what I said?

Until people stop lying or making out things that aren't true then I'll keep on challenging it.

Getting excited about an extension is one thing, but pretending it's something it's not is another.

AGAIN... I don't JUDGE people for their investments, but I will point out BS when I see it and I won't stop - and I will continue to keep such pointing out as polite as humanly possible. Unlike you, who reduces my valuable contribution to "bashing on".

My advice is to keep on dreaming, keep investing smartly, but don't pretend that we were born yesterday because we weren't.

Last edited:
•••
Another thing... Just so that you understand my position, I wouldn't cry tomorrow if .horse became the top extension, nor .xyz or .link or any other extension.

I don't cuddle up to my .com collection at night. It's not that vast and I'm not that exposed to the elements like that.

My investments are broad in many extensions and not huge in number and I concentrate more on development than I do domains for income.

•••
That's all very interesting information but what does that have to do with what I said?

Until people stop lying or making out things that aren't true then I'll keep on challenging it.

Getting excited about an extension is one thing, but pretending it's something it's not is another.

AGAIN... I don't JUDGE people for their investments, but I will point out BS when I see it and I won't stop - and I will continue to keep such pointing out as polite as humanly possible. Unlike you, who reduces my valuable contribution to "bashing on".

My advice is to keep on dreaming, keep investing smartly, but don't pretend that we were born yesterday because we weren't.

It’s stepping back and taking a look at the bigger picture ... I’m telling you what I know that confirms what you know and believe ^ to some degree “at least”

When someone lies or manipulates the situation, that’s a different story entirely and we do not need that in the industry, this industry, or any industry with value

But promoting or bringing a new market share to the industry so long as it “proves” valuable for all of us, then what’s the problem with that ...

If .whatever goes up ^ .com is going to go up ^ it is inevitable

The problem is (maybe not you) but there are certain individuals here who have no intention to bring value to our industry or even grow it ^ they stand by one thing and one thing only, that which has made them money (old .commers) and they attempt to create distrust in the industry ... to be fair ^ there’s nothing wrong with protecting your investment but “ridiculing” or “providing” information that points to further distrust in our industry is like seeing a fly buzzing around on the plate ... it’s unnecessary drama

Fake domain sales, manipulation of the market, stealing from the working man, all of these three things ^ are wrong and wether it is a .com domain or .whatever domain ^ it should be handled accordingly, instead of bringing more harm and distrust to our industry / if the name is bad, of course share your opinion ^ but if someone owns a hot single keyword name and it’s not a .com (no) reason to say “oh but it should be .com”

The notion is ridiculous for the 99% of those standing in the room ^

Finally, I don’t need to dream, I live a good life, I don’t need to sell my names, I don’t depend on this business to survive, this is at the end of the day, as you said; an investment (and) like you I don’t coddle my domain names ... wether they are .com domain names or new GTLDs that make sense / I focus on quality over quantity

Happy investing to you both

@bmugford & @MadAboutDomains and anyone who agrees with these sentiments

•••
It’s stepping back and taking a look at the bigger picture ... I’m telling you what I know that confirms what you know and believe ^ to some degree “at least”

When someone lies or manipulates the situation, that’s a different story entirely and we do not need that in the industry, this industry, or any industry with value

But promoting or bringing a new market share to the industry so long as it “proves” valuable for all of us, then what’s the problem with that ...

If .whatever goes up ^ .com is going to go up ^ it is inevitable

The problem is (maybe not you) but there are certain individuals here who have no intention to bring value to our industry or even grow it ^ they stand by one thing and one thing only, that which has made them money (old .commers) and they attempt to create distrust in the industry ... to be fair ^ there’s nothing wrong with protecting your investment but “ridiculing” or “providing” information that points to further distrust in our industry is like seeing a fly buzzing around on the plate ... it’s unnecessary drama

Fake domain sales, manipulation of the market, stealing from the working man, all of these three things ^ are wrong and wether it is a .com domain or .whatever domain ^ it should be handled accordingly, instead of bringing more harm and distrust to our industry / if the name is bad, of course share your opinion ^ but if someone owns a hot single keyword name and it’s not a .com (no) reason to say “oh but it should be .com”

The notion is ridiculous for the 99% of those standing in the room ^

Finally, I don’t need to dream, I live a good life, I don’t need to sell my names, I don’t depend on this business to survive, this is at the end of the day, as you said; an investment (and) like you I don’t coddle my domain names ... wether they are .com domain names or new GTLDs that make sense / I focus on quality over quantity

Happy investing to you both

@bmugford & @MadAboutDomains and anyone who agrees with these sentiments
I agree with almost everything that you've said. Though I'm not sure if new gtlds going up in value will help .com or hinder it, that's up for debate I suppose.

As for bolstering other people's investments, that's a fair criticism. I have thought about this before, that I could just be positive all the time, but often I find that this could be encouraging a pattern of behaviour that may be unhealthy... like when someone says that they invested in the domain birthday.link because it's their birthday which also seems to be part of a wider pattern of behaviour (the thread is called .link binge progress) and contains posts of them registering NUMEROUS domains that I can only describe as... well... c r a p.

I can't sit back and just pretend that what is being registered is a good investment... it's just encouraging others that there's a chance that it's a good thing and when I think it's not I'm going to say so.

Last edited:
•••
Someone blocked my 2 Twitter accounts without any reason. FYI, it's not Rick. People are very weird nowadays on Twitter!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back