Dynadot

DomainAgents.com experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
Are people using domainagents.com to sell domain names? Did you have ever sold a domain on the domainagents platform.

Share your experience.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, last year I was contacted by Domain Agents about a domain I owned.

I setup an account and the negotiation went back and forth through the dashboard in my DA account for about a month.

I finally accepted an offer and the sale went to Escrow.com.

It was setup by DA, and then I worked with the buyer to make the transfer.

There were a few minor problems, though not with DA, in fact I contacted them about the problems and they were quick to respond.

Everything went pretty smoothly, no complaints.

•••
I used them to contact the owner of a domain that was not listed for sale. The owner responded to my offer and we started to negotiate. I think it is a very useful service when you want to buy a domain remaining anonymous. It is cheaper than hiring a broker and you can negotiate directly.

•••
Used them once. I was the seller.
Sales amount: $700.
Transaction was smooth but a bit slow, I think the buyer was not very familiar with the transfer process but no worries.

•••
t is a very useful service when you want to buy a domain remaining anonymous.

Sorry to tell you, it was not as anonymous as you think.

I was able to see the IP address of the buyer, and with that information I was able to find out that he had started a company with the exact name of the domain he wanted to buy from me.

It put me at an advantage, but I did not really use it and sold it to the guy for a really fair price.

•••
I have sold domains at domainagents.com Even where the sale does not close as long as you enter into negotiations they give you the seller a $10. bonus, such as via PayPal if you choose. (You also get the $10. on top of the sales proceeds, if it does close.)

On the recent one the buyer opened with a $199. offer, and I managed to get him up to $2500. and closed the deal. I wanted a little more, and could have gotten perhaps more even than that because this one, like all my domains, is a great domain, but this was a fair deal. Also, whatever fees/commissions including escrow.com fees there are are paid by the buyer, so I receive the net $2500. (plus the ten dollar bonus), which means that, say, if this had sold at Afternic I would have had to sell at 3125 in order to receive the net 2500., which 3100 was actually my bottom line at the back of my mind anyway, so it was all good.

•••
I've used domain agents for a sale. Their negotiating panel is easy and effective to use, except that the buyer left it to the last minute to reply at every stage, :) I used escrow.com as well, but I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with that now that there has been a change of ownership. Maybe we could have a review of the current state here at name pros.

•••
I've used escrow.com for years. The only difference I have noted since change in ownership (2015) was that they verified my identity, before it was a free for all, any fictitious name could open an account.

As far as the terms for a domainagents created escrow.com transaction, looks the same as what I would create myself, with buyer paying all fees, and a one day inspection period. I am pending the closing of this $2500. escrow.com created by domainagents, so I will let you know, but I had another escrow.com close early September 2017, with an Indian buyer (direct sale), no problems. I've used escrow.com about a dozen times this year alone.

---

I used to use agreed.com , which escrow.com acquired in 2014. One thing I preferred about agreed.com which escrow.com has not implemented is that in escrow.com you have two phases:

(1) buyer clicks that received the merchandise (inspection period commences)
(2) buyer clicks that accepts the merchandise (escrow closes)

As long as the buyer clicks that he received the merchandise, say - the domain transfer, all is well. But if he does not, then no clock starts ticking, and you have to force escrow.com to intervene, and as well, prove to escrow.com that you sent the merchandise/ transferred the domain.

With agreed.com once you indicated that you sent the merchandise / transferred the domain, the inspection period started right away, unless the buyer stated that he did not receive. Technically, with escrow.com you could send the merchandise or domain and the buyer could drag his feet and not click to have received, and hold up the escrow. Also, agreed.com let you supply the transfer information / tracking number or whatever, within the escrow, at no extra charge (unlike the concierge service at escrow.com , that charges extra for this).

When using escrow.com be sure to c : all emails to buyer that show that you are providing the transfer authorization, to escrow.com That way escrow is alerted to the transfer, in case buyer does not click to indicate that domain was received.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back