Dynadot

DomainAgents and time wasting "buyers"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I received a lowball offer of $199 from a purported buyer for my domain just under 2 weeks ago.
After a week of going back forth. I accepted the $199 offer just to see if the buyer was even serious.

Days later I have not heard anything back from the buyer with just a few days left before the offer ends. WTH??
Also, DomainAgents seems a bit slow with their response time to questions.

Is it possible to remove my domain from the DomainAgents marketplace before this 'negotiation' ends in a few days?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DomainAgents

The buyer knows the reason for not responding.

Buyers pay $19.95 to make an offer. Most likely, the buyer wanted to buy the domain. Some guess - maybe they found an alternative, maybe they are going to respond just before the negotiation expires, maybe they are discussing with their business partner, maybe they are dealing with a serious health crisis etc

I think removing the domain is not fair. If many people remove domains in the middle of negotiations, the marketplace will get negative reviews & considered not reliable, which can impact them. I have sold on the platform without any issues.

Hopefully, domainagents will respond to your questions soon, they can answer your question about removing the domain before negotiation ends.

•••
@DomainAgents

The buyer knows the reason for not responding.

Buyers pay $19.95 to make an offer. Most likely, the buyer wanted to buy the domain. Some guess - maybe they found an alternative, maybe they are going to respond just before the negotiation expires, maybe they are discussing with their business partner, maybe they are dealing with a serious health crisis etc

I think removing the domain is not fair. If many people remove domains in the middle of negotiations, the marketplace will get negative reviews & considered not reliable, which can impact them. I have sold on the platform without any issues.

Hopefully, domain agents will respond to your questions soon, they can answer your question about removing the domain before negotiation ends.

I agree, the buyer knows fully well why they are not responding.

Clearly the buyer also knew before hand it cost $19.95 to make that offer. I understand people have lives. Which is precisely why I am a bit turned off by this whole charade. Communication always makes for a better experience in anything that is done. To approach me in an unsolicitedly fashion and then introduce a 3rd party agent into this mix, behind a $199 transaction is almost insulting. I could see if this was a substantial offering, but it isn't.

How do you figure it would be "unfair" to the supposed buyer?
2 weeks is more than enough time to make a decision to buy a domain they chose to bid on in the first place.

**EDIT** I see you wrote it would be unfair to the marketplace. I agree that it could be bad for the marketplace based on the fact as the seller my experience has not been great and that this negotiation is holding my property in limbo from moving forward with a decisive and clear 'sold' or 'not sold' decision. This is unnecessary deliberation.( He should have been clear about his decision to buy or not to buy in the first place)

By the same token , Domain Agents must establish a process that makes both parties comfortable. As tricky as I know this maybe at times. At the end of the day I dont even want to think about this anymore.

Enough with the foreplay already. I'm over it.

Last edited:
•••
I never had any really motivated and serious buyers via DA offers.
Total waste of time, at least for me.

•••
I had two offers via them and both ended in sales. I don't list at them. I don't defend or endorse them, just share my experience.

•••
My experience is before GDPR. When WHOIS was visible for everyone.
Since GDPR they don't disturb me anymore.

Also I don't understand these anonymous bidders...
They can bid or contact me directly (no any barriers) - but they go via DA...

•••
In my experience, DomainAgents are wasting the time of both sellers and buyers. They contacted me about a domain, we reached an agreement but then it turned out that finalising the transaction would require me sending over a scan of my government issued ID, which is completely out of the question. Hopefully the buyer finds another way to contact me, without problematic intermediaries.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back