IT.COM

Domain portfolio recommendations in 2018?

NameSilo
Watch

Peak.Domains

Top Member
Impact
Hey I'm looking to host my own portfolio. I'm currently checking out Efty, I like it, but I'm not sure I want to pay $15 per month in order to have a secure site. I'm not saying it's not worth it, just that I want to explore other options. I would be all over their $8 plan if it included SSL. I mean one good sale would cover the cost for years, and I'm still considering it as an option, not trying to talk trash about Efty or anything haha, just want to make that perfectly clear.

Anyways, I want to check out some other options too, including self-hosted using a template/theme, so I'm looking for recommendations.

FolioTrader on CodeCanyon seems close to what I'm looking for, if anyone is using it please share a link, I'd love to see it in action with logos, or hear from domainers that like or dislike it.

Some of the other scripts I've seen look kind of dated, anything recent worth checking out, or other sites similar to Efty that allow you to host a portfolio with your own domain that are worth checking out? Does anyone just redirect their portfolio domain to a list of their names on Afternic or Sedo?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes. I'm the developer.
I've compiled into codes most of the things I learnt for the past three years in selling domains. In fact, I use the same scripts to manage my portfolio and marketplace - that was how it all started.

Yes, there is a function for bulk import of domains from csv file. Try the free demo at https://dnhat.com

Have you implemented the logo capability or you still insist that they don't matter?

•••
Yes. I'm the developer.
I've compiled into codes most of the things I learnt for the past three years in selling domains. In fact, I use the same scripts to manage my portfolio and marketplace - that was how it all started.

Yes, there is a function for bulk import of domains from csv file. Try the free demo at https://dnhat.com

I've tried to buy the software but the site just kicks me back to the home page. What's the best way to purchase the software?

•••
I've tried to buy the software but the site just kicks me back to the home page. What's the best way to purchase the software?
I'm switching payment processor, that's why the Buy Now button is inactive. Hopefully by Monday the buttons will function as expected.
Thanks.

•••
Have you implemented the logo capability or you still insist that they don't matter?
No. I've not implemented the logo capability for the domains in the portfolio.

Yes. Based on my personal experience, I insist that logos don't sell domains. Good names, exposure and right pricing do.

Nevertheless, if logo capability is a precondition for you to purchase the software, then I will add that to the to-do-list and revert when implemented. And do remember that each additional function/capability jacks up the price a little bit.

So now, is logo capability for domains in the portfolio a precondition for you to purchase the software?

•••
No. I've not implemented the logo capability for the domains in the portfolio.

Yes. Based on my personal experience, I insist that logos don't sell domains. Good names, exposure and right pricing do.

Nevertheless, if logo capability is a precondition for you to purchase the software, then I will add that to the to-do-list and revert when implemented. And do remember that each additional function/capability jacks up the price a little bit.

So now, is logo capability for domains in the portfolio a precondition for you to purchase the software?

Definitely. I believe logos can boost chance of sale and that is worth the extra pay.

•••
I'm switching payment processor, that's why the Buy Now button is inactive. Hopefully by Monday the buttons will function as expected.
Thanks.

Can I just paypal you directly and then maybe you can just email me the files or something? I can also wait if necessary, just an idea.

•••
•••
There's another one that you might want to take a look at, DomainMarketPro.

•••
Hey I'm looking to host my own portfolio. I'm currently checking out Efty, I like it, but I'm not sure I want to pay $15 per month in order to have a secure site. I'm not saying it's not worth it, just that I want to explore other options. I would be all over their $8 plan if it included SSL. I mean one good sale would cover the cost for years, and I'm still considering it as an option, not trying to talk trash about Efty or anything haha, just want to make that perfectly clear.

Anyways, I want to check out some other options too, including self-hosted using a template/theme, so I'm looking for recommendations.

FolioTrader on CodeCanyon seems close to what I'm looking for, if anyone is using it please share a link, I'd love to see it in action with logos, or hear from domainers that like or dislike it.

Some of the other scripts I've seen look kind of dated, anything recent worth checking out, or other sites similar to Efty that allow you to host a portfolio with your own domain that are worth checking out? Does anyone just redirect their portfolio domain to a list of their names on Afternic or Sedo?

Depends what you want and how big your portfolio is...

We do quick and easy sales via undeveloped as its far better than ping pong of emails

•••
+1 for logos.

I have professional logos designed for most of my names, and I wouldn't consider a portfolio that doesn't have this basic functionality, regardless of the developer's personal preference.

I also wouldn't want to pay extra for a feature that is already included in every other option I've seen.

Getting up to speed with a feature that all of your your competitors already offer doesn't really seem like something that warrants a premium price, unless you offer more options and better customization for logos (like supporting different sizes.)

•••
+1 for logos.

I have professional logos designed for most of my names, and I wouldn't consider a portfolio that doesn't have this basic functionality, regardless of the developer's personal preference.

I also wouldn't want to pay extra for a feature that is already included in every other option I've seen.

Getting up to speed with a feature that all of your your competitors already offer doesn't really seem like something that warrants a premium price, unless you offer more options and better customization for logos (like supporting different sizes.)
How much does it cost you? Logos are expensive, no?

You're really good. I can't spend mid to high $XXX on a low $XXXX domain. :xf.confused:

•••
You're really good. I can't spend mid to high $XXX on a low $XXXX domain. :xf.confused:

Me neither haha, it costs me quite a bit less than that. It's cheap enough that I can easily justify the price for most domains I buy.

•••
•••
if I may ask...what's your secret?

Probably just interpretation of the word 'professional' and I may have given the wrong impression, I'm not hiring a fancy design agency to spend days or weeks on each logo, and they usually aren't super complex. Text + emblem usually. They're definitely good enough to use (and dare I say above average, but 'eye of the beholder' and all that), but affordable enough that I'm not sweating it. I'll send you a PM..

•••
•••
•••
Can I just paypal you directly and then maybe you can just email me the files or something? I can also wait if necessary, just an idea.
You can PM me for details.

•••
It's a blank page. I cannot open it too.
Having Csv import is very important because you can do bulk editing in a easy way even you don't know about programming:xf.grin:
I think the function is there but they disabled it because they want to protect their site.

Yes, you're right. Limited access for demo version. But I've relaxed that now. You can import up to ten domains in bulk. Also note that
There are various reasons why bulk import of domains from a file can fail: I/O error, wrong column mappings, corrupted file during upload, server overload etc.
In the event you were not able to bulk upload your domains into the database from CSV file, or you find the steps tedious, then you can use simplified bulk import option (Import Domain List) - third item under domain manager menu) to do just about same - copy and paste the domain list (one per line) into the textarea box, and submit as usual.

P.S.
DNHat sales will resume in a couple of days. New payment gateway implemented. Now test-running.

•••

For instance, at the time registrant email was never again unmistakable in the whois. Efty advanced themself as an answer for this issue. In any case, it's not the situation, we as a whole realized that numerous commercial center required a txt record in DNS for check after this change. On the off chance that Efty is "proactive" enough they should as of now let us to include a txt record in DNS for check for various commercial center. In any case, it didn't occurred up until this point.

•••
•••
Yes, you're right. Limited access for demo version. But I've relaxed that now. You can import up to ten domains in bulk. Also note that
There are various reasons why bulk import of domains from a file can fail: I/O error, wrong column mappings, corrupted file during upload, server overload etc.
In the event you were not able to bulk upload your domains into the database from CSV file, or you find the steps tedious, then you can use simplified bulk import option (Import Domain List) - third item under domain manager menu) to do just about same - copy and paste the domain list (one per line) into the textarea box, and submit as usual.

P.S.
DNHat sales will resume in a couple of days. New payment gateway implemented. Now test-running.

Good to hear that. :xf.wink:

Great.(y) I love open source software released under the GNU/GPL License:xf.grin:
Thanks for the info:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Happy to announce resumption of sales of DNHat - https://dnhat.com

New payment processor gateway implemented and running. You can now make a purchase.
P.S.
For NP members special discount (25%) coupon code: NP1118
Discount code is time-limited, in quantity too, so hurry.

•••
Happy to announce resumption of sales of DNHat - https://dnhat.com

New payment processor gateway implemented and running. You can now make a purchase.
P.S.
For NP members special discount (25%) coupon code: NP1118
Discount code is time-limited, in quantity too, so hurry.

Thanks for the update and special discount for NP members.

I remember that the last time I check out dnhat, IonCube Loader is not required.
The license term also mention that the code is not encoded but the user cannot modify them.

But now you have changed the term. it is now encoded with IonCube Loader. I feel uncomfortable to purchase ionCube encoded script. :xf.frown:

•••
Thanks for the update and special discount for NP members.

I remember that the last time I check out dnhat, IonCube Loader is not required.
The license term also mention that the code is not encoded but the user cannot modify them.

But now you have changed the term. it is now encoded with IonCube Loader. I feel uncomfortable to purchase ionCube encoded script. :xf.frown:
Almost all hosting companies already have IonCube Loader and Zend optimizer installed on their servers. Already. There is a reason they all do that.

Note that DNHat has been developed using PHP and Smarty templates. The PHP files hold the core source codes, while the smarty templates handle the display of generated codes. You can modify the templates, the HTML, codes, the JS, CSS files. Other modifications can be done in the Admin area, especially in the plugins, basic and advanced customization sections. That's more than enough for a regular user.

If you need any special features to be included, then we can discuss that.

Last edited:
•••
Just a little update on the portfolio script.
After modify the script and doing some customization jobs,
I am really happy with FolioTrader. The outlook is great :xf.cool:

DomainNames.TV

sc2.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back