Dynadot

Domain portfolio recommendations in 2018?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peak.Domains

Top Member
Impact
Hey I'm looking to host my own portfolio. I'm currently checking out Efty, I like it, but I'm not sure I want to pay $15 per month in order to have a secure site. I'm not saying it's not worth it, just that I want to explore other options. I would be all over their $8 plan if it included SSL. I mean one good sale would cover the cost for years, and I'm still considering it as an option, not trying to talk trash about Efty or anything haha, just want to make that perfectly clear.

Anyways, I want to check out some other options too, including self-hosted using a template/theme, so I'm looking for recommendations.

FolioTrader on CodeCanyon seems close to what I'm looking for, if anyone is using it please share a link, I'd love to see it in action with logos, or hear from domainers that like or dislike it.

Some of the other scripts I've seen look kind of dated, anything recent worth checking out, or other sites similar to Efty that allow you to host a portfolio with your own domain that are worth checking out? Does anyone just redirect their portfolio domain to a list of their names on Afternic or Sedo?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a little update on the portfolio script.
After modify the script and doing some customization jobs,
I am really happy with FolioTrader. The outlook is great :xf.cool:

DomainNames.TV

sc2.png
Looks neat!

•••
You can try domainmarketpro.com with trial account. For me, it's better than efty for domain marketplace.
Avoid dndork at all cost. It's abandoned project. And the script don't work well..

•••
You can try domainmarketpro.com with trial account. For me, it's better than efty for domain marketplace.
Avoid dndork at all cost. It's abandoned project. And the script don't work well..

Dndork isn't that bad. I still using it on DomainNames.cc, the core functions still working but it required you do some customizations on your own.

I agreed that dndork is a abandoned project and the developer seems lose interest in it while the dndork back-end admin panel more or less can be considered as incomplete.

I ended up create a program to direct access the database for add new domains and bulk editing purpose. It enabled me to changed 900+ domains rentable setting from True to false by one click.:xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
•••
@kam great website!
Your http://domainnames.cc/ highly modified script and look so great and not confusing buyer like standard installation of dndork.
Look at this website (not mine) https://www.brandonce.com. it's without modifications.

The first modification I did is to remove the rent option. :xf.grin:
It's confusing and annoying but that rentable option is default enabled :hungover:

•••
I've tested a bunch of scripts and most are outdated now (and clunky.) I now am trying a custom WP install and a HTML5 / CSS3 / Bootstrap site instead.

What were the names and what were your impressions? Any URL's?

•••
What were the names and what were your impressions? Any URL's?

I can PM you. I don't want to say anything negative here because the scripts may have been updated since my post before and it wouldn't be fair to the authors.

•••
I think DnDork allows only one category per domain name and the installation was not easy...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back