Dynadot

Domain portfolio recommendations in 2018?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peak.Domains

Top Member
Impact
Hey I'm looking to host my own portfolio. I'm currently checking out Efty, I like it, but I'm not sure I want to pay $15 per month in order to have a secure site. I'm not saying it's not worth it, just that I want to explore other options. I would be all over their $8 plan if it included SSL. I mean one good sale would cover the cost for years, and I'm still considering it as an option, not trying to talk trash about Efty or anything haha, just want to make that perfectly clear.

Anyways, I want to check out some other options too, including self-hosted using a template/theme, so I'm looking for recommendations.

FolioTrader on CodeCanyon seems close to what I'm looking for, if anyone is using it please share a link, I'd love to see it in action with logos, or hear from domainers that like or dislike it.

Some of the other scripts I've seen look kind of dated, anything recent worth checking out, or other sites similar to Efty that allow you to host a portfolio with your own domain that are worth checking out? Does anyone just redirect their portfolio domain to a list of their names on Afternic or Sedo?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I meant visually (haven’t checked the things you mentioned) :xf.smile:

•••
I just spent $60 USD purchased both FolioTrader and Dndork.
I would say Efty better than both of them in term of functions.

Main problems
FolioTrader - not user friendly for bulk import.
Dndork - The bulk import is fine but it's really painful to change the setting one by one for 100+ domains.

--------------------------

Efty is easy to use, just a few click and it's all set. But it's expensive if you want to have a white label website.

DEMO
http://DomainName.cc
---------------------------
Dndork
The license cost $24 USD only.
DEMO
https://DomainNames.cc

------------------------------------
FolioTrader
The license cost $36 USD.
DEMO
https://DomainNames.tv

So with DNDork, there is no way for someone to simply buy the domain using any method? Escrow or anything else? It looks like Foliotrader at least does allow the user to make a purchase...am I correct on this?

I like the design of dndork but I want the user to be able to buy the domain and make a full commitment....I was just about to buy dndork.

Thanks for these demo installs!

•••
Is it just me or is efty really hard to use? I signed up for it a few months after it came out, but I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to use it. I was able to import all my domains with prices, but I remember it taking a lot of time to learn, even though the interface looks super user friendly and simple. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to learning a new system, so if it's not super intuitive, I usually don't find it to be worth the effort.

Just wondering if other people also found Efty to be somewhat difficult to learn when using it for the first few times.

•••
Does anyone know what this site is using? Is this one of the scripts mentioned here but customized?

https://www.potdomains.com/

I've used it and it's pretty nice. But I think the owner must be a programmer or something.

•••
....?

Edit: I just Google'd Potatoe and saw something about a fellow named Dan Quayle, so I guess that's the reference that I missed initially haha

Edit 2:

I hadn't heard of this before lol :D

Holy shit this is the funniest and scariest damn thing I've ever seen

•••
So with DNDork, there is no way for someone to simply buy the domain using any method? Escrow or anything else? It looks like Foliotrader at least does allow the user to make a purchase...am I correct on this?

I like the design of dndork but I want the user to be able to buy the domain and make a full commitment....I was just about to buy dndork.

Thanks for these demo installs!

Dndork let you insert your escrow.com button for domains.
However, you have to created that button from escrow.com manually. One by one:dead:
I think this process can be improved:xf.grin:

Here is a demo with escrow.com button:xf.cool:
https://agents.app/

•••
Dndork let you insert your escrow.com button for domains.
However, you have to created that button from escrow.com manually. One by one:dead:
I think this process can be improved:xf.grin:

Here is a demo with escrow.com button:xf.cool:
https://agents.app/

So in the end, if you have 300 domains, which service would you choose? manually making 300 buttons is not even an option for me...haha

•••
Thanks. It looks quite promising. As some have said. It looks a lot better than anything else I've seen.

I've got the Folio theme from a while back and it's pretty limited. I reached out to the dev and he was willing to make some changes for me, but I'd need to reach out to him a lot in order to get things to look the way I want. I'd recommend taking some time and making your own WordPress site and having it go to undeveloped.com landing pages honestly.

•••
Foliotrader had a big problem.
After a buyer made an offer. The offer will not showed up in the back-end.
It just sent you an e-mail. It's not uncommon for a e-mail go into black-hole since the e-mail provider fight SPAM really hard since a few years ago.
If the offer email is blocked for whatever reason. You will never knew you indeed had received an offer and you will lose your customer.
I had notify the author of Foliotrader to fix this problem. I suggested all of you whom purchased this script do the same too. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Foliotrader had a big problem.
After a buyer made an offer. The offer will not showed up in the back-end.
It just sent you an e-mail. It's not uncommon for a e-mail go into black-hole since the e-mail fight SPAM really hard since a few years ago.
If the offer email is blocked for whatever reason. You will never knew you indeed had received an offer and you will lose your customer.
I had notify the author of Foliotrader to fix this problem. I suggested all of you whom purchased this script do the same too. :xf.wink:

Isn't that script outdated? I didn't even like it much 2 years ago.

•••
Isn't that script outdated? I didn't even like it much 2 years ago.

I purchased it because I saw the last updated is on 7 August 18 and there are around 200 sales.
Since the interface is fine so I just give it a try. But I just final realize many main core function is not there.
May be it's because the author just a web designer and programmer and he had no idea what are the most important thing for domainers to making a sales. :dead:

By the way, the script is way too big... It's 70MB...
It's not clean code at all and it's hard to do some customizations.

Do you have any recommendation ? Which scripts is the best now available on the market?

My rating
DB2 -> dndork -> FolioTrader

Last edited:
•••
I've debated trying to code up my own theme, but I don't know if there's enough demand honestly.

•••
I purchased it because I saw the last updated is on 7 August 18 and there are around 200 sales.
Since the interface is fine so I just give it a try. But I just final realize many main core function is not there.
May be it's because the author just a web designer and programmer and he had no idea what are the most important thing for domainers to making a sales. :dead:

By the way, the script is way too big... It's 70MB...
It's not clean code at all and it's hard to do some customizations.

Do you have any recommendation ? Which scripts is the best now available on the market?

My rating
DB2 -> dndork -> FolioTrader

When I used it I spent a fair amount of time customizing (and re-coding bits of) it and it still was ugly AF lol.
Felt like I was using Windows 98 compared to other modern options.

I like the DNDork look the best, haven't used it though so can't comment on back-end or functionality.

•••
When I used it I spent a fair amount of time customizing (and re-coding bits of) it and it still was ugly AF lol.
Felt like I was using Windows 98 compared to other modern options.

I like the DNDork look the best, haven't used it though so can't comment on back-end or functionality.

DNDork had two main problems.

Dndork had bulk import function, You can only import the domain itself when using bulk import.
After you imported 1000 domains. You may want to bulk edit the price and category. But no there is no bulk editing function there and you have to go in each domain edit page. you are required to scroll down and then edit those fields. It had csv exporting but no csv importing:banghead:

The second problem is the search function in back-end is currently broken.
In dndork back-end, each page is showing up 100 domains. When you try to search for a specific domain, It will only search for the current page, Let's say you have 1000 domains and there are page 1 to page 10. If you are in page 1 and try to use the search function search for a domain listed in page 9. You will not able to see it.

The third problem is the escrow.com integration is required to created that button from escrow.com manually one by one and paste the code into each domain edit page.

I think I can fix the second problems by charging the default per page value to 9999. So it's not a big issue but lack of bulk editing is really painful experience.

Anyway, it's just a $24 USD script. Although it's not perfect but I would say it worth every penny:xf.laugh:

-----------
btw, can you share me with your site ?:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Do you guys think a wordpress theme would work for what you'd want?

I think it could work well, but that there would be a decent amount of work needed on a users side to make changes such as adding and removing names + images each time.

•••
Do you guys think a wordpress theme would work for what you'd want?

I think it could work well, but that there would be a decent amount of work needed on a users side to make changes such as adding and removing names + images each time.

Wordpress theme is just a front-end, you also need a well design back-end to make it become a great product. When we are talking about portfolio scripts, we are going to import thousand of domains into it.
Easy to use bulk editing is the most important part of back-end for domain portfolio script. But I cannot find any scripts that can fulfilled all my requirements.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Wordpress theme is just a front-end, you also need a well design back-end to make it become a great products. When we are talking about portfolio scripts, we are going to import thousand of domains into it.
Easy to use bulk editing is the most important part of back-end for domain portfolio script. But I cannot find any scripts that can fulfilled all my requirements.

I figured as much. I have significantly reduced my portfolio over the years and WP could work for me, but for the average domainer you're right it probably wouldn't work well.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Are you the developer? Is there an import csv function?
Yes. I'm the developer.
I've compiled into codes most of the things I learnt for the past three years in selling domains. In fact, I use the same scripts to manage my portfolio and marketplace - that was how it all started.

Yes, there is a function for bulk import of domains from csv file. Try the free demo at https://dnhat.com

•••
Are you the developer? Is there an import csv function?

It's a blank page. I cannot open it too.
Having Csv import is very important because you can do bulk editing in a easy way even you don't know about programming:xf.grin:
I think the function is there but they disabled it because they want to protect their site.

My recent experience with csv importing
I had messed up my folioTrader site after using folioTrader CSV import function. :banghead:
The first time, I forgot about the $ symbol should not be used. Whole site down after importing and return PHP error.:dead:
The Second time, After I modify the CSV file with Excel, it will auto change the format to DD/MM/YYYY. I forgot about the date format must be in DD-MM-YYYY for folioTrader, I forgot to manually replace the date to that format with Ultraedit and the site down again after importing.:hungover:

•••
Yes. I'm the developer.
I've compiled into codes most of the things I learnt for the past three years in selling domains. In fact, I use the same scripts to manage my portfolio and marketplace - that was how it all started.

Yes, there is a function for bulk import of domains from csv file. Try the free demo at https://dnhat.com

Good to hear that. I sent you a PM. :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back