NameSilo

Domain names..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey,
Does anyone know how many days a domain name is on hold after it expires? :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Damn it, you were faster than me sohil :P

•••
•••
RGP >>> PD ("Pending Delete") >> the domain then "drops" on the SIXTH day after at approx. 2:00 p.m. EST (includes Saturdays and Sundays). :)
Good Luck.

•••
Originally posted by darksk8er
Damn it, you were faster than me sohil :P

:notme:

•••
Originally posted by Sohil
:notme:

rofl, I love the emoctions here :P

•••
Thanx for the link also! I wanted to know something similar to this!

•••
thanks! im gonna bookmark that, that really helps, thanks sohil!

•••
Originally posted by Jason
thanks! im gonna bookmark that, that really helps, thanks sohil!

Best "Janitor" in the business, IMHO.

:hearts:

•••
depends on the registrar, actually. Some for a few days, others a couple of months.

BTW, how do you add those emoticons to your reply?

Originally posted by davezan
depends on the registrar, actually. Some for a few days, others a couple of months.

•••
Originally posted by davezan

True ... my example above was based on NSI/Verisign.

Smilies: See below "Smilies are ON" ... Click on that and see all of the options, shortcuts for inclusion in your posts! :)

ie. : tu : (no spaces) = :tu:

:kickass:

•••
If you use the "New Reply" button instead of quick reply, you'll see all available smilies on the left. :)

•••
A domain "should" be with a registrar up to 45 days after expiration. Then it gets sent to the registry.

It stays on redemption period for 30 days. If nothing happens, it takes 5 days to become pending delete.

As it was mentioned earlier above, it gets "released" on the 6th day after 2PM EST.

BTW, Coolhost, how'd you know the specific time of 2PM EST? Didn't know that.

Of course, what I just said happens only in an ideal world. After all, in the real world, anything goes. :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back