NameSilo

Domain investing and ethics - Are there names in which you would not invest?

Labeled as poll in General Domain Discussion started by infosec3, May 19, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

?

Are there names in which you would not invest?

1. No, business is business and I invest on any names that could bring me profit.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I have certain limits and ethical considerations.

20 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I haven't made up my mind about it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Total: 20 vote(s)
  1. infosec3

infosec3 BrandSearching.COM JUST LAUNCHED Gold Account VIP

Some domain investors think that business is business and that they do not have ethical considerations when it comes to investing in domain names. Whether it relates to the so-called adult names or any other controversial topic, do you put any limits on the type of domain in which you invest?

Note:
    Have in mind that I am not talking about trademark names. I am talking about generic names of controversial nature. Your votes and comments are welcome...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Off the top of my head, nothing about child abuse, domestic violence, racism, homophobia or sexism

I would like to think everyone feels the same......but sadly they don't

3. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I try to weed out any adult or offensive (see @MrAcidic's definition) domains from my portfolio. Those that are plainly offensive. Some double entendre domains I still have. But generally I weed them out too. I'm trying to only have domains which appeal strictly for "legitimate" business usage.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  4. vast

vast Established Member

Besides the obvious taboos, I wouldn't invest in disease related domains. I know many have no issue with this niche, but I feel like this is somewhat like making money on someone's suffering. Just my personal perception, not blaming anyone.

5. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

Anything dot sucks the whole extension sucks as it offers legal issues or just destroys business.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!