IT.COM

Domain in GoDaddy, not parked. Is there anyway to track traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello

I have a few names in Godaddy, and for some reasons i am not gonna park it.
Is there anyway for me to track the traffic?

May be any third party service?

if possible, free. :)

Thanks a lot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With assuming that by typing in the domain name you get a page can not be displayed" error then I would say no there is no way to track it. May I ask why you don't want it parked?

•••
If you would like to see your traffic you get from the domain, you would either have to park it or host it and look at the Awstats.

:)

•••
If you do not have hosting and are just using godaddy to park, I do not believe you can see any stats at all for it. I use NameDrive to park. It is a free server. Feel free to PM me with questions about ND.

•••
Thanks for the reply guys.

I was thinking about Alexa.
How does Alexa traffic?

I know about ND, thanks for the offer.
rep added/

•••
From Alexa.com:

Alexa's traffic rankings are based on the usage patterns of Alexa Toolbar users over a rolling 3 month period. A site's ranking is based on a combined measure of reach and pageviews. Reach is determined by the number of unique Alexa users who visit a site on a given day. Pageviews are the total number of Alexa user URL requests for a site. However, multiple requests for the same URL on the same day by the same user are counted as a single pageview. The site with the highest combination of users and pageviews is ranked #1.

Alexa's traffic rankings are for top level domains only (e.g. domain.com). We do not provide seperate rankings for subpages within a domain (e.g. www.domain.com/subpage.html) or subdomains (e.g. subdomain.domain.com) unless we are able to automatically identify them as personal home pages, like those hosted on Geocities and Tripod. If a site is identified as a personal home page, its traffic ranking will have an asterisk (*) next to it: Personal Page Avg. Traffic Rank: 3,456*. Personal pages are ranked on the same scale as a regular domain, so a personal page ranked 3,456* is the 3,456th most popular page among Alexa users.

For more detailed information about Alexa's traffic rankings, please visit http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/traffic_learn_more.html.

•••
Alexa determines traffic based on people who have the alexa toolbar installed. It allows Alexa to track which webpages people are visiting. It isn't a perfect system because tech related domains tend to be ranked higher than they otherwise would be (more tech people have the toolbar installed). Use alexa as a guidepost, but not as the final say on traffic. Alexa rankings can be doctored.

•••
Ermm..
Thanks a lot..

So, there is no way that we can track "domains" huh...

Thanks a lot guys.
Have a nice day

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back