Dynadot

Does the page load time of a landing page impact the number of inbound offers you get?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The short answer is – yes. As with most things in life, people are busy and the amount of time someone has to wait directly relates to sales. In the apparel world retailers see this happen in-store all the time, long lines at dressing rooms usually means less sales or less items purchased on average. On a website it means less conversions, and when it comes to getting inbound offers on domain names it means, well, less offers.

Morgan Linton did a test :

efty-pageload-times-768x214.png

I am interested to see how the number of inbound offers changes as the page load time goes up. Right now I’ve seen inbounds drop by around 50%

If you’re making your own landing pages, make sure to host them on a fast server and avoid fancy landing pages full of Javascript and large images because at the end of the day, the faster it loads, the more inbound offers you’re likely to get.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really can't see a good reason to store files on a server in hongkong
if most of the customers are in US or germany

Me neither, but that is where Doron is from.

•••
Our NS1 is in Hong Kong and NS2 is based in Amsterdam. As Frank however already pointed out the location of the server isn't a huge factor in load times. A lot of other things are and our host IBM Softlayer has been a huge help these last couple of days to solve the load time issues Morgan reported.

•••
a nameserver simply stores the IP of the Server where you host your files
this information is then spread throughout the internet and stored in many many other servers
In the domaining use case, where we add many new names and traffic can be very thin, the relay of uncached requests can be more important. If you are running an established site then this matters a lot less of course.
what may speed up the external nameservers like dyn or cloudflare is a cache version
of my page
Different things there. Using a CDN for your pages is wise if course, but will have no implicit impact on DNS.

•••
One thing I had noticed when I randomly spot checked my domains in the recent past with the simple landers (no images), some were loading easily, other were taking several seconds, and others were just not loading at all... after several seconds at some points in time, it would show as if no site existed on that domain address...
then the same names later on the same day would work.. It may not be the official case but it seemed that after a certain amount of searches.. something was happening.. at least temporarily...

That's one of the reasons now I'm testing the nameserver.io plans to have to complement my efty package... to send directly to the offer page of my Efty market site... they load instantly every time at least... but it extra expenses

Last edited:
•••
load time is very important!!!! people need to see your name is for sale. and they need to see it quick. people change minds and move on fast...

•••
One thing I had noticed when I randomly spot checked my domains in the recent past with the simple landers (no images), some were loading easily, other were taking several seconds, and others were just not loading at all... after several seconds at some points in time, it would show as if no site existed on that domain address...
then the same names later on the same day would work.. It may not be the official case but it seemed that after a certain amount of searches.. something was happening.. at least temporarily...

That's one of the reasons now I'm testing the nameserver.io plans to have to complement my efty package... to send directly to the offer page of my Efty market site... they load instantly every time at least... but it extra expenses

I have noticed the same thing too so your case is not isolated, I am in Europe where are you located?

I too also would like to know more about that nameserver.io

•••
•••
load time is very important!!!! people need to see your name is for sale. and they need to see it quick. people change minds and move on fast...

I think it's not even a changing their mind thing.. it's more that if it doesn't load within the first 2 seconds.. they think the site / domain is not developed and close the page.. unfortunately happened more than once when was testing.. I don't know what the upcoming rollout will look like..

Last edited:
•••
•••
From 2010, but no reason to suggest anything has changed from Google's point of view.
None of that matters. Google has a parked page identifier and these landing pages will rank for virtually nothing other than their full domain typed into search.

•••
even though the title does say about ranking , I think the reason why he shared that article was more related to the customer satisfaction in fast loading times... happier customer, more odds of potentially buying

Last edited:
•••
•••
even though the title does say about ranking , I think the reason why he shared that article was more related to the customer satisfaction in fast loading times... happier customer, more odds of potentially buying

Yep, that's why, trying to keep it real.

•••
That's one of the reasons now I'm testing the nameserver.io plans to have to complement my efty package...

FOOOOOOOOO...$50 p/m!!!!
With that I get a super fast VPS

•••
well 50 is the unlimited one.. and it's expensive i know... $25 is borderline.. testing right now...

•••
The feedback I am getting now is that our pages load in an instant. That's why I urge everyone to test it for themselves (just go to one of your own landing pages and see if you're happy with how quickly the page loads or not). The Pingdom screenshot is simply to illustrate the improvement compared to a couple of days ago.

OpenSans-Semibold.ttf
OpenSans-Regular.ttf

Doron, just a tip... your font file sizes are too big. These ttf files are well over 200kb each! This is massively inefficient for serving web pages of any size. Using a TTF when serving out as many pages as you do is not efficient at all.

Have your dev team look into shrinking that number down to below 30kb total. It is definitely doable without sacrificing quality.

For my landers:
background image: 65kb * I sacrifice some HQ but it's fine for a lander.
font 1: 11kb
font 2: 21kb * yes I'm just over 30kb but these are nice fonts.

So to put that in perspective, my entire page load is less than one of your fonts.

Last edited:
•••
Yep, that's why, trying to keep it real.
My bad. 14 years working in enterprise SEO makes me sensitive to most of the junk that is published relating domains and SEO.

•••
load times very important for both SEO and landing pages... is 1.5 sec good?
ping.png

Last edited:
•••
At the risk of providing a brief, thoughtless answer: A fast loading website couldn't negatively impact your quantity of inbound offers...probably wouldn't hurt to spend time optimizing the landing page template. An even better investment of time if the template is able to be used on many different domains. Get some premium hosting, too, if your domains get some decent traffic!

•••
If you have a global audience then you can use a CDN (content delivery network) all your static stuff, images, css, scripts, logos etc are cached locally to the end user and updated automatically. Works with dedicated servers and you can find shared hosting CDN's. Just make sure the service you choose is using the "keep Alive" setting and your page load will be fast for the user.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back