Dynadot

Does GoDaddy flip domains?

Located in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching started by Wintermute, Jul 19, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Wintermute

Wintermute Established Member

I noticed many domains that expire are then up for sale for C$101.99 (not sure about US price). Is this GoDaddy just assuming they are worth more and auto-flipping them or is this humans at work?

Sorry if this has been asked before and answered.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Premiums

Premiums find.ventures

GD just grabbed it for free... ;)

3. Wintermute

Wintermute Established Member

So with it's deep learning algo + all historical sale data, they are just cutting out the middle person (domainers).

4. Ayananta Chakraborty

Ayananta Chakraborty Established Member

Yes, I have seen too. Some domains which were in expired auction but before the end of auction, those became unavailable. Need to know the reason.

5. .X.

.X. NameFeature.com Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It has happened to me too, But i do understand that these registers are funding these names, so they have the right and privilege to buy them and flip them if they wish to do so, If i were funding a domain name register, paid for all the marketing and maintenance to provide the service, If their were dropped domains that i knew i could make a large profit off of, i would keep them too. That is a small reward for building an expire like Godaddy has done, I personally don't fault them for doing it, It is a great perk of their business investment.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  6. robert widener

robert widener Restricted

:xf.smile:im sure they do .

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!