Dynadot

discuss What does a public backorder mean?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When I try to use Godaddy to backorder names, i see the option for public backorders. I'm assuming there is something as a private backorder too?

1. Does this mean, competing backorder services are alerted and have knowledge of my backorder? which means greedy folks who never wanted the name can go after it simply because they see a backorder?
  2. Or is it all private until the end, where you have all backorders competing for the name?
How does it all work and where are the best places to backorder names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its just letting you know that many registrars compete publicly for the same name. No guarantees.

Use DropCatch regular backorder or discount backorder for best chance.

Last edited:
•••
@karmaco ,
I always thought a public backorder is when anyone can bid in the auction and not only those that have backordered the domain.

Not saying you are wrong but, can you double-check? I can't believe I was wrong for so long :)

•••
@karmaco ,
I always thought a public backorder is when anyone can bid in the auction and not only those that have backordered the domain.

Not saying you are wrong but, can you double-check? I can't believe I was wrong for so long :)
Maybe so. Never really heard the term.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back