IT.COM

discuss Do you own your last name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This morning, I picked up Bellone.com from a private party.

While reflecting, I realized that I have not seen many people operating on their last name .coms.

Does anyone else out there own their last name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first and last name.com has been parked on godaddy sense 2007 Ive been keeping an eye on it to see if they would let it go. A few months ago i finally decided to give them a call, and I told him that I was interested in buying the domain from him. Though the man said no thank you, I am not looking to sell it. I said are you planning on doing anything with the domain... he said no. What pisses me off more is that its been sitting parked on godaddy for years.... :'(

•••
I need to find out if a family surname can help strengthen a trademark. An unnamed registrar's criminal phone rep who stole my entire portfolio and tried to sell parts of it back for $60,000/name has an agent who tells me that because his ancestors surnames ended with the three letters dot, that he is able to have a trademark rights inherently... over every .domain he chooses..... i disagree. especially if the left of the dot is about a generic a word could ever be.

•••
I need to find out if a family surname can help strengthen a trademark. An unnamed registrar's criminal phone rep who stole my entire portfolio and tried to sell parts of it back for $60,000/name has an agent who tells me that because his ancestors surnames ended with the three letters dot, that he is able to have a trademark rights inherently... over every .domain he chooses..... i disagree. especially if the left of the dot is about a generic a word could ever be.
How that happened?

•••
I own my

first name .in (paul.in)
middle name .in (singh.in)

•••
•••
Not to promote an auction (wrong thread), but just to show the interest in last names. On my Sedo auction, I checked the bids/viewers - another bidder, good...but JEEZ 816 views!!??? Never had that many views before. I am bullish on grabbing up last names! If you dont have yours yet - get it if you can IMO!!

•••
I own both myfirstname.com and mylastname.com. It's just a domain investor pride thing. Now the question is what to do with them?

What are you all doing with your names? Redirecting to social profiles? Blogs? Businesses?

•••
I own both myfirstname.com and mylastname.com. It's just a domain investor pride thing. Now the question is what to do with them?

What are you all doing with your names? Redirecting to social profiles? Blogs? Businesses?

I'm launching a services website. Nothing big. :)

•••
I own my full name and my wife also owns her full name.

My wife also owns her family name.

All are in the " .dot " and we were very pleased to get all three domains.

We acquired our personal names a number of years ago.

•••
I helped a guy run for Congress once. I wish I had not, as the guy was a drunk fool. Not that he would not fit right in with the crowd there.
Many are and worse. I dislike drinking, don't have time to do drugs and am lucky if I get to smoke a cigar once a year.

•••
Many are and worse. I dislike drinking, don't have time to do drugs and am lucky if I get to smoke a cigar once a year.
Ya, but I got my revenge on the guy; I stopped his campaign dead in it's tracks after he attacked enough people. The guy is still mad at me and it's been 3 years.

Then more recently, my friend is in the funeral home business, and the politician's mom hired my friend (another of this politician's victims, financially) to bury her, when she died of cancer (within this last year) and the politician flew off the handle again, he did not want his "enemy" to be the one that buried his mother.

I still have the firstnamenamename.info of this politician, and I will keep posting stuff about him as he throws his fits. The guy will always have me as a thorn in his side to deal with if he ever wants to run for any office.

As for drinking, I like a few wine-coolers on a hot day, but that is about it.

•••
Ya, but I got my revenge on the guy; I stopped his campaign dead in it's tracks after he attacked enough people. The guy is still mad at me and it's been 3 years.

Then more recently, my friend is in the funeral home business, and the politician's mom hired my friend (another of this politician's victims, financially) to bury her, when she died of cancer (within this last year) and the politician flew off the handle again, he did not want his "enemy" to be the one that buried his mother.

I still have the firstnamenamename.info of this politician, and I will keep posting stuff about him as he throws his fits. The guy will always have me as a thorn in his side to deal with if he ever wants to run for any office.

As for drinking, I like a few wine-coolers on a hot day, but that is about it.

LOL, great stuff. Always be nice to be people. It works out better.

•••

I have links to several of my websites and businesses, social profiles, including my cookbook I published, and my youtube channel. I also list my cable company business/toll free number.

•••
i own my first+surname .com

Same here. My last name is a business and would be impossible to get. And my first name was taken by someone with the same name although he doesn't use it. So first+surname it is.

I use it to host my CV/Resume

•••
For whatever reason (vanity, heritage, simplicity, reunion organization, etc.), people love to own their last names.

I thought it would be interesting to see which industry veterans and bloggers own their own last name:
  • Allemann.com - not owned by Andrew Allemann of DomainNameWire.com, owned by another Allemann in Luxembourg
  • Berkens.com - owned by Mike Berkens of TheDomains.com
  • Cyger.com - owned by Mike Cyger of DomainSherpa.com
  • Cultra.com - not owned by Shane Cultra, owned by another Cultra in Florida
  • Jackson.com - not owned by Ron Jackson of DNJournal.com, owned by Jackson National Life Ins Co of Michigan
  • Rosener.com - not owned by Andrew Rosener, under privacy
  • Schilling.com - not Frank Schilling, owned by FMC Technologies (Schilling Robots)
  • Silver.com - not owned by Elliot Silver, owned by a silver coin buyer/seller
  • Schwartz.com - not owned by Rick Schwartz, owned
  • Zournas.com - not owned by Konstantinos Zournas of OnlineDomain.com, owned by Glyka Nera of Greece
Who did I miss? Who should I add?

•••
I own <myfirst+lastname>.com

<myfirstname>.club for my personal site

and

<myfirstname>.work for my work experience / CV site

--

as a sidenote: I owned <myfirstname>.xyz earlier this year but decided to let it drop.. Personally .xyz looks silly and didn't want to develop it

•••
I own my first name dot com
I use it for email firstname at firstname dot com
Helps a lot explaining over the phone.

•••
I own my first name dot com
I use it for email firstname at firstname dot com
Helps a lot explaining over the phone.

Is your first name Recons? Just curious. :D

•••
No ))
Recons is plural of the short for Reconnaissance )) The short version is accepted as dictionary word as well, and used actively in business, military etc.

I am rebranding my company name to that. I was planning to do it on bwz.com but then got an offer I could not refuse for that )

•••
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

•••
Haha, nice idea, i just went to register my last name domains. Maybe I can use it to own my personal website and record my daily life. How wonderfu!

•••
Haha, nice idea, i just went to register my last name domains. Maybe I can use it to own my personal website and record my daily life. How wonderfu!

Domains? You probably needed just one and, preferably, in dot com? )

•••
I am avoiding it, if ok or not having name .com

•••
You are avoiding .com generally? Wow, that is a bit counter-intuitive )

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back